[Q] Confused about upgrading

Search This thread

gigamage

Jan 8, 2013
So my nexus 5s screen stopped working, and i took my one s out of the drawer. Its been like 2 years since i flashed a rom on this phone. (on 4.1 Viper) I dont remember seeing any of these RUU things. So how exactly do i upgrade my phone. Do i just downloaded the rom and flash it, and flash the boot.img like before or is there a new procedure?

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
So my nexus 5s screen stopped working, and i took my one s out of the drawer. Its been like 2 years since i flashed a rom on this phone. (on 4.1 Viper) I dont remember seeing any of these RUU things. So how exactly do i upgrade my phone. Do i just downloaded the rom and flash it, and flash the boot.img like before or is there a new procedure?

It's the same. The RUU is to bring it back to stock.

Reactions: gigamage

808phone

Jan 28, 2014

OK I see. If I were you I would use an RUU to update to a later version of software that has HBOOT 2.15.
Actually this is what I would do:

1: Run the correct RUU for your phone from one that moonshine.io supports:
http://moonshine.io/moonshine-downloads/
2: IF you want, then run moonshine.io to get S-OFF.
3: Flash a custom recovery like TWRP
4: Install ROM.

If you don't get S-OFF, then you need to flash boot.img.

If anyone disagrees with this, please chime in please.

Reactions: gigamage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's the same. The RUU is to bring it back to stock.

OK I see. If I were you I would use an RUU to update to a later version of software that has HBOOT 2.15.
    Actually this is what I would do:

1: Run the correct RUU for your phone from one that moonshine.io supports:
    http://moonshine.io/moonshine-downloads/
    2: IF you want, then run moonshine.io to get S-OFF.
    3: Flash a custom recovery like TWRP
    4: Install ROM.

If you don't get S-OFF, then you need to flash boot.img.

If anyone disagrees with this, please chime in please.