Detroit, Michigan
i want this clock
4XwzanU

\hawttttttttttttttttttttttttt

yea i would love to get my hands on that clock

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
I generally stay away from Sense roms because they're bulky, much worse battery life (I was only able to get through half a day with my stock rom and with any of the AOSP roms that I've flashed, I've gotten at least 3 times that), and considerably less customizable, but being that this is Sense 3.0 and it will be running GB.... I think I'll do it.

BS.

No ROM triples your battery life, sorry. I've tried the vast majority of them and none of the offer any significant advantage in battery life to a power user like myself (screen on and active internet use for 5-6 hours a day; 1 hourish of video; many calls, texts, and emails; Tasker using GPS/Wifi location; and several hours of Bluetooth usage). Both pure stock and CM7 final give roughly 4-5 hours of battery with that kind of usage.

Also, as long as it's deodexed, a Sense ROM is just as customizable. Sense is just an overlay. You may prefer the customizations of another ROM, you may prefer the lightness of another ROM without Sense, but it's still the same OS under it.

bmxrider4444

Jun 27, 2009
Norman, OK
TMartin, could it be the reason it is so big is the inclusion of the 3D and 2D files, such as the images and stuff? Still waiting on the D/L so i can check it out.

Last edited:

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach
BS.

No ROM triples your battery life, sorry. I've tried the vast majority of them and none of the offer any significant advantage in battery life to a power user like myself (screen on and active internet use for 5-6 hours a day; 1 hourish of video; many calls, texts, and emails; Tasker using GPS/Wifi location; and several hours of Bluetooth usage). Both pure stock and CM7 final give roughly 4-5 hours of battery with that kind of usage.

Also, as long as it's deodexed, a Sense ROM is just as customizable. Sense is just an overlay. You may prefer the customizations of another ROM, you may prefer the lightness of another ROM without Sense, but it's still the same OS under it.

A lot of people hate on sense just to hate on sense. I get it if you prefer AOSP, but there is no reason to say sense sucks. I've had many android devices, and run a lot of roms for long periods of time. I ran CM6 and CM7 both for a while while they were the hot thing, I get how people can like CM. Solid, fast and stable. But I have never seen a difference in speed or battery life switching between custom sense roms and AOSP roms (CM in particular). 6 one way half a dozen the other.

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
A lot of people hate on sense just to hate on sense. I get it if you prefer AOSP, but there is no reason to say sense sucks. I've had many android devices, and run a lot of roms for long periods of time. I ran CM6 and CM7 both for a while while they were the hot thing, I get how people can like CM. Solid, fast and stable. But I have never seen a difference in speed or battery life switching between custom sense roms and AOSP roms (CM in particular). 6 one way half a dozen the other.

Exactly. They are both awesome. Sense and AOSP.

samsonite.ace

Jul 17, 2010
awesome stuff, and great to see this page explode....
hoping we will have something more of a hooneycomb ordeal, where we can get around the reqirements...
(tablet is to 3.0 as 1.2ghz is to sense 3.0)

either way, i wouldnt be surprised to see this or another port come out asap from virus or myn
or any other dev on here which are pretty damn good at porting quickly.

best of luck and happy coding

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
rant & mirror...

i only say sense sucks because i was forced to use it until i first learned to root my device. sense is just an idiot skin. more like a plague to convert ipwn junkies to android. i dont hate on sense because i favor aosp, i favor aosp because i favor function over restriction and bloat. WHY WOULD I WANT A SYSTEM THAT I HAVE TO EDIT JUST TO MAKE USABLE WHEN AOSP IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL OF US IN THE PUREST ANDROID FORM? also you've got to be joking when you say youve never seen a difference switching between the two. im pretty sure that ppl dont favor aosp because of the cool acronym...

here are some more reasons if you need them:

HUGE
FULL OF GARBAGE(stock)
BLOCKS OUT MANY NATIVE ANDROID FUNCTIONS(depending on carrier&HTC)
full of more junk than a scrap yard(stock)
TOO BIG
slow clunky and is almost identical to the sense i ran on my hero in '09
TAKES UP TOO MUCH SPACE...

*sorry all just here killing time while i wait for this GIGANTIC turd of a zip to upload, to get a mirror for those that need it, and maybe port this for sense fans cus dev has been so boring lately.

DUMP MIRROR

MagnusRagnarok

Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
I could be wrong about this, but I believe that the large size of this ROM is due to the 3D elements. *Being someone who has a jb PS3*, I know that KZ3 with the 3D elements was 2X the size it was without. So maybe the devs could look to see if they could shrink it in that manner?

you did see this post right?

"The Sensation is NOT a 3D phone, just the Evo 3D. Both phones are based off of the Pyramid, but have different features."

evo3d is a 3D device.sensation is not.

selders59

Jul 10, 2008
Cape Coral, Florida
So has any devs been able to port this for the evo yet? Mag you should try to do something with this cause you make a pretty awesome rom yourself.

"Hell I don't know anymore"

neodorian

Dec 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD

Nobody is hating on something just for the sake of hating on it. If I criticize Sense it is because I have found Sense ROMs not to work as well as something like CM for me. It's just my experience and obviously other people will have different ones.

I installed a few Sense ROMs while waiting for CM7 to go final and I remembered exactly why I stopped using them. System tray scrolling was slow. Everything was skinned with that ugly glossy black. The size of the ROM was so much larger, etc.

I'll be the first to say, though, that the strength of Android is the customization. Something I think is ugly might look badass to someone else. Maybe you like one of the widgets and there isn't a suitable alternative. I have no idea. It's all good and chances are I would try out a stable Sense 3.0 ROM for the hell of it because I may have preferences but it takes a few minutes to nandroid and flash something else just to try it out so no harm done.

To say that it's just for the sake of hating on something isn't really fair. There are pros and cons to most ROMs and if I hate on Sense it's because the cons of Sense ROMs are particularly annoying to me. If someone else doesn't mind then more power to em. For my part, I like CM with Mattedblues because I get speed and looks in a lightweight package. I would still try this if it goes stable.

Last edited:

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Haven't seen any of our awesome dev's even comment if this Rom will be able to be ported to our Evo or if it is just a waste.......

Anybody know if it will even be possible? Sense 3.0 does look to be a winner from the video's that have been shown so far.

MagnusRagnarok

Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
Haven't seen any of our awesome dev's even comment if this Rom will be able to be ported to our Evo or if it is just a waste.......

Anybody know if it will even be possible? Sense 3.0 does look to be a winner from the video's that have been shown so far.

ive been working on it for about an hour or so. if i get something to boot ill post it asap..

MagnusRagnarok

Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
Nobody is hating on something just for the sake of hating on it. If I criticize Sense it is because I have found Sense ROMs not to work as well as something like CM for me. It's just my experience and obviously other people will have different ones.

I installed a few Sense ROMs while waiting for CM7 to go final and I remembered exactly why I stopped using them. System tray scrolling was slow. Everything was skinned with that ugly glossy black. The size of the ROM was so much larger, etc.

I'll be the first to say, though, that the strength of Android is the customization. Something I think is ugly might look badass to someone else. Maybe you like one of the widgets and there isn't a suitable alternative. I have no idea. It's all good and chances are I would try out a stable Sense 3.0 ROM for the hell of it because I may have preferences but it takes a few minutes to nandroid and flash something else just to try it out so no harm done.

To say that it's just for the sake of hating on something isn't really fair. There are pros and cons to most ROMs and if I hate on Sense it's because the cons of Sense ROMs are particularly annoying to me. If someone else doesn't mind then more power to em. For my part, I like CM with Mattedblues because I get speed and looks in a lightweight package. I would still try this if it goes stable.

well played.couldnt have said it better myself...

Reactions: Cjunior

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Leoisright's latest

Change log va10.6

Sorry been having issues like usual.

LeO_Sense3.0_va10.6.zip

*HW Acceleration (Thanks Chubbz)
    *Rosie (still 2.1)
    *Front and Rear Cams and Video working (Chubbz, thanks for stopping the flicker)
    *Lockscreen (Still no apps linked)
    *Unlocked hotspot
    *4-way boot to recovery
    *Stock Keyboard

Use Virus superwipe found here http://klept0.com/hosted/VR_SUPERWIPE.zip

For those who want to move data to sd card, download terminal emulator from market and follow the commands below. Should free up 100+mb

su
    a2sd datasd

It will reboot but that is normal.

LeO_Sense3.0_va10.5

Complete change log:

Working:

*Data
    *Wifi
    *Bluetooth
    *GPS
    *Sound
    *Mic
    *USB
    *Lockscreen (no apps linked yet)
    *Lights
    *front and rear cams
    *Video camera
    *Stock keyboard

Not working:

*GSensor

*Weather app is almost working but due to video issues it can't be resolved yet. Work in Progress
    *VM (FC when changing number from *86)
    *mms for now

*This release has been zip aligned to speed things up.

Leoisright's latest build:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

****A huge thanks go out to Virus and TMartin. They have been patient and helped me understand so much in porting a sense 3.0. Chubbz, again, you're the man for fixing the hw accelerator. CapyChimp for all you and your team did for resizing the 3d widgets to fit our phone.

Of course... The donators. THANKS so much for donating. It really means a lot to me you took the time to say thanks and kick over a few $$. It all makes a difference. I've redbulled it many nights on this port....

[DEV ONLY][ROM'S]HTC Pyramid/Sensation HTC Sense 3.0 Port

[ZIP] HTC Pyramid/Sensation Leak Link
    http://911sniper.blog.163.com/blog/static/142900881201131424811433/

Sensation Wallpapers extracted:
    Sensation Wallpapers ZIP

Notifications, Ringtones, Alarms, UI Sounds extracted:
    Don't know if any ringtone or notification is new, but here it is...
    Audio.zip

Video: HTC Sensation
    I told you guys to stop... Please no more posting about:

* ETA
    * Donations intent/confirmations (believe me that the dev will know if you donated to him). PM the dev if you must tell them that you donated.
    * Thanks posts (there is a "Thanks" button for that)
    * Posts about how excited you are to see this... (we all are... trust me :))

I don't want to see this thread growing into a gazillion post thread. Let the devs work in peace. This will be my last post on the matter, so if you see your posts just vanish into thin air, it was likely not related to development.
    I just put something together. I'm about to flash it as we speak. Crossing my fingers for a booter!! :p

EDIT: BTW...this isn't a RUU. This is a zip of all the dumped partitions.