[ROM][23 Sept 2012][Aroma]HTX Zero 0.32 (Sense 3.5 Android 2.3.5)

Search This thread

1Rus1Fantom

Feb 24, 2011
Moscow
how you managed to boot it all up?!
I got FC all of the things, which was possible, laggy as hell.
And I still can't get to home screen - HTC sense FC...WTF?

Whoareyou

uhm nooooo. with a .exe extension? yea right.

anyway, I hope if there really is a new version that it can be ported here!

Well, your rude, and obviously an idiot, ALL Ruus come as exe's you need to get the ROM.zip out by executing the Ruu and starting task manager, then going to processes and right click ARUWizard.exe and open file location, then move ROM.zip to the original_update folder in the kitchen...
Sent from my HTC G2 using XDA Premium App

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010
Well, your rude, and obviously an idiot, ALL Ruus come as exe's you need to get the ROM.zip out by executing the Ruu and starting task manager, then going to processes and right click ARUWizard.exe and open file location, then move ROM.zip to the original_update folder in the kitchen...

It is smarter to post the zip then to post an EXE I get don his reaction. Cuss most exe's could be a virus stuff and with a Zip File you can check it better.

And with the zip file it is handier cuss then you can change some. I love to know how you want to do that from the Exe. I can't :p cuss I am a mac user :p

Whoareyou

It is smarter to post the zip then to post an EXE I get don his reaction. Cuss most exe's could be a virus stuff and with a Zip File you can check it better.

And with the zip file it is handier cuss then you can change some. I love to know how you want to do that from the Exe. I can't :p cuss I am a mac user :p

*cough*(parallels)*cough*

JieeHD

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2010
Glasgow
uhm nooooo. with a .exe extension? yea right.

anyway, I hope if there really is a new version that it can be ported here!

I'm sorry Don but for once I can't back you up, the other guy is absolutely right. All RUU's come as a .exe file which can then be run and the rom.zip can be copied from %temp% (if you're on windows).

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
I'm sorry Don but for once I can't back you up, the other guy is absolutely right. All RUU's come as a .exe file which can then be run and the rom.zip can be copied from %temp% (if you're on windows).

damn... FAIL!!! LoL

I didn't read that it was an RUU. However, RUUs as exes won't work on anything but windows machines and I know I've worked with RUUs on macs and linux boxes too. Maybe it's as simple as extracting the contents of the exe as if it were a cab or other standard archive?

anyhoo - I failed :)

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

thanks! Pleased to meet you also :)

Since I don't work with windows machines very often any more (mostly as a side effect of where I work currently) I'd be surprised to find RUUs only exist as exe files. I'm quite certain I've flashed the RUU on heros in the past (for warranty repair) and yet I run osx.

maybe I booted into windows to do it - could be, it's been a while so I don't recall.

But anyway my reaction was one of "Hey, a new rom, which is always a zip archive in this forum, and yet it's an exe; I wonder if it's a virus for windows machines?"

Having come across plenty of virii in the form of tantalizing sounding downloads that unexpectedly have exe extensions, it was a pretty sane response imho.

Sorry if my reaction was insulting. I don't recall saying anything insulting - but I certainly did say something that showed disbelief.

Does it really make me rude and an idiot if I don't believe that the file is a rom archive from a different phone when it has a file extension that I don't think I've ever come across in this forum after downloading several hundred firmware archives over the past couple of years? note: I've downloaded plenty of RUUs for the hero and for several other android devices but have always done so from official sources, not from this forum. Just to clarify the logic behind my findings :-D

anyway - cheers - hope that you're not so quick to judge other people. I didn't judge you, I just judged the file. No insults intended!

:-D

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

*cough*(parallels)*cough*

I run parallels (which frequently isn't any faster at booting into windows than rebooting with bootcamp - and the usb connectivity in parallels is much weaker than native windows rebooting in bootcamp). that's not the point. I didn't say I couldn't run exe files on my mac.

Last edited:

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
damn... FAIL!!! LoL

I didn't read that it was an RUU. However, RUUs as exes won't work on anything but windows machines and I know I've worked with RUUs on macs and linux boxes too. Maybe it's as simple as extracting the contents of the exe as if it were a cab or other standard archive?

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Since I don't work with windows machines very often any more (mostly as a side effect of where I work currently) I'd be surprised to find RUUs only exist as exe files. I'm quite certain I've flashed the RUU on heros in the past (for warranty repair) and yet I run osx.

maybe I booted into windows to do it - could be, it's been a while so I don't recall.

But anyway my reaction was one of "Hey, a new rom, which is always a zip archive in this forum, and yet it's an exe; I wonder if it's a virus for windows machines?"

Having come across plenty of virii in the form of tantalizing sounding downloads that unexpectedly have exe extensions, it was a pretty sane response imho.

Sorry if my reaction was insulting. I don't recall saying anything insulting - but I certainly did say something that showed disbelief.

Does it really make me rude and an idiot if I don't believe that the file is a rom archive from a different phone when it has a file extension that I don't think I've ever come across in this forum after downloading several hundred firmware archives over the past couple of years? note: I've downloaded plenty of RUUs for the hero and for several other android devices but have always done so from official sources, not from this forum. Just to clarify the logic behind my findings :-D

anyway - cheers - hope that you're not so quick to judge other people. I didn't judge you, I just judged the file. No insults intended!

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

I run parallels (which frequently isn't any faster at booting into windows than rebooting with bootcamp - and the usb connectivity in parallels is much weaker than native windows rebooting in bootcamp). that's not the point. I didn't say I couldn't run exe files on my mac.

I guess u wasted an hr writing this post?:p

Sent from my Hero using xda premium

dkelley

May 11, 2010
That's JUST what I thought as well :p as it contains even more random stuff than usual :-D

And BTW Don, I think that second post was a insult to Rdejager.... :p

sent with love from me to you

haha yea it's pretty random I guess.... I confused myself along the way.

Sorry if I've been particularly weird recently - had a bad life event that has probably made me even less predictable than usual.

Anyway - everyone get on the bandwagon and download an exe of firmware for a different phone and see if we can build a cool hero rom!

Honestly I think it's much more likely that we'll be better off waiting for the still over-productive cdma hero devs to do the real dev work so one of you clever people can port it over for my (I mean... OUR) personal enjoyment. :)

heh heh

bharat_goku

Jun 7, 2011
Bangalore
ASUS ROG Phone 3
haha yea it's pretty random I guess.... I confused myself along the way.

Sorry if I've been particularly weird recently - had a bad life event that has probably made me even less predictable than usual.

Anyway - everyone get on the bandwagon and download an exe of firmware for a different phone and see if we can build a cool hero rom!

Honestly I think it's much more likely that we'll be better off waiting for the still over-productive cdma hero devs to do the real dev work so one of you clever people can port it over for my (I mean... OUR) personal enjoyment. :)

heh heh

i realised that today............those guys have started working on it already and damn they're fast.......they got it ported and are just a few bootloops away from a release xD

dkelley

May 11, 2010
i realised that today............those guys have started working on it already and damn they're fast.......they got it ported and are just a few bootloops away from a release xD

damn, quick!

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Thanks, but we are already work on Indian RUU.
Are you have any chinese ruu? we think add translate from Bliss and Desire is too slow.

uh, yea, damn quick (again)!

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010
I cant really see an insulting part. but to the parallels post. If you got 70 bucks for me I will run parallels :p And since I don't use bootcamp anymore. Waste of space and I am in it for like never XD I run mac alone XD

Whoareyou

I cant really see an insulting part. but to the parallels post. If you got 70 bucks for me I will run parallels :p And since I don't use bootcamp anymore. Waste of space and I am in it for like never XD I run mac alone XD

**cough(tpb)cough**

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Thanks, but we are already work on Indian RUU.
Are you have any chinese ruu? we think add translate from Bliss and Desire is too slow.

the link i gave you is:
RUU_Pico_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.2_Radio_10.30.80.09H_1.10.80.13M2_release_221180_signed

the asia_inda rom is:
RUU_Pico_hTC_Asia_India_1.10.720.1_Radio_10.29.80. 07H_1.09.80.23M2_release_217095_signed

notice the difference ;)

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

damn... FAIL!!! LoL

Sorry, im sick, i was in a bad mood, im sure your not an idiot ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3f4733fdgw1dnxjrnn765j.jpg

This is a port from the China release of the 2.3.5 Sense 3.5 ROM from the HTC Explorer(Pico).

idogx is a hero for this project!!!
    Developers: idogx @diypda.com, Hintay @eosolo.com

Some link:
    (world first port) Hero200 version by idogx:http://www.diypda.com/viewthread.php?tid=361303
    This post in Magic forum:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1283273

If you have any good idear, PM me!!

Features:
    This ROM also work for HTC Magic.
    • Based on the newest HTC Explorer China ROM
    • Android Gingerbread 2.3.5
    • Sense 3.5
    • Busybox 1.18.4
    • Language:English, Chinese
    • 155MB free space on data partition
    • HTC File Manager

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Led's
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Jogball notifications
    • Webkit
    • Bluetooth
    • USB

Issues:
    • You tell me
    Installation:

1. Go to recovery mode
    2. Do Nand backup
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Reboot phone

Download:
    HTX Zero 0.32 RC Build39

Previous releases:
    HTX Zero 0.31 RC Build1

HTX Zero 0.30 RC Build89

USB fixed for HTX Zero 0.21
    115:USB fixed for HTX Zero 0.21
    Hotfile:USB fixed for HTX Zero 0.21
    -I had lost something in framework, if your USB Connection UI can't show, please flash this.

HTX Zero 0.21 RC Build19
    115:HTX Zero 0.21 RC Build19
    Hotfile:HTX Zero 0.21 RC Build19
    -Maybe should wipe DATA to enable somethings

HTX Zero 0.20 RC Build13
    115:HTX Zero 0.20 RC Build13
    ZippyShare:HTX Zero 0.20 RC Build13
    Multiupload:HTX Zero 0.20 RC Build13
    Thanks Ciprilik for his ZippyShare and Multiupload mirrors.

Hintay Zero 0.14 Beta Build45
    115:Hintay Zero 0.14 Beta Build45
    hotfile:Hintay Zero 0.14 Beta Build45

Thanks to:
    SebastianFM for his lib
    Donators: Roman Riabenko
    I've mirrored the rom on my server. You can find both files here
    I will release new version toworow. Will fix some bug(like webkit) and upload that to other sever.
    Changelog:
    HTX Zero 0.32
    • Fixed Contanct to PC not ask me FC
    • Add CRT Switcher
    • Add Volume Button unlock switcher
    • Long-press quicksettings goto settings for that
    • Quicksettings item hide contrl
    • Add more customize to Aroma Installer
    • EGL fixed

HTX Zero 0.31
    • Fixed update-script
    • Fixed Add Effect in Album FC
    • Fixed Aroma Installer Multi-language mistakes

HTX Zero 0.30
    • Re-port HTC IME from HTC Explorer, so fixed handwriting layout issue in Dialer
    • Re-port Account and Sync, show more Account
    • Resize Seekbar size
    • Modify Status Bar, transferred out to some hide quick options
    • Remove the Network directive
    • Fixed weather location issus
    • Add call location (only China data)
    • Updated FriendStream
    • Modify Power Menu, that is the real power off when you press power off now
    • Modify call location in lockscreen, you can use Call Location Switch in Settings for that
    • Fixed Mail reply FC
    • Use Aroma Installer(Can't touch in HERO?)

HTX Zero 0.21
    • Update Kernel to LV 1.0 RC2(for Hero)
    • Adjust memory manager value, lock sense to memory
    • USB fixed (without USB tether)
    • Update Google Services Package
    • Show Google Account in Sync and Account Menu
    • Add Advanced power menu
    • A little fix in build.prop
    • fixed country number show in call(hopeful)
    • Add HTC Facebook
    • Remove Renren and Weibo
    • Update QuickLookup
    • Percentage Power Display
    • Add advanced package installer, can selected install to SD
    • Add Virtuous OC

HTX Zero 0.20 12/4
    • Change base to HTC Explorer China release version 1.20.1400.7
    • Camera fixed, face detection, original HTC libraries and driver, better image quality (Big thanks for SebastianFM to permission we use his lib!)
    • Make rom more fast
    • Newest Superuser and bin
    • Bluetooth fixed
    • All features in Hintay Zero 0.1x
    • Other bug fixed

Hintay Zero 0.14 10/14
    • Mail fixed
    • USB fixed (USB tether don't work?)
    • add some init.d script
    • Add HTC screen light
    • Sound Recorder playback fixed
    • Stream Player fixed
    • Bluetooth in settings show error fixed

Hintay Zero 0.12 10/04
    • Add Advanced power menu
    • Add some other languages to some other app
    • Camera fixed
    • Make system fast than lasted version
    • Add DSPManager

Hintay Zero 0.11 10/01
    • Add some other languages(not all app)
    • Webkit fixed
    • Phone stop when Bluetooth open fixed
    • wifi system error fixed

Hintay Zero 0.10 09/30
    • Base:HTC Explorer Nordic 1.03.402.1
    • Kernel:Magic Carz12 2.6.34.4, Hero 2.6.35 LV 0.62
    • JIT Disabled
    • Add init.d scripts support
    • Install APK fixed
    • Add HTC Files Manager
    • SuperUser fixed
    • Hack Install Cert Check
    • Power menu fixed
    • Modify Ramdisk
    • GPS fixed
    • Phone fixed
    • network fixed
    • SD read speed fixed
    • Add userinit
    • Adjust memory manager value
    It's indeed a nice rom, but to slow to use as regular rom yet

There's a lot of stuff still not working (WiFi, BT, Tethering, etc)
    Alot of apps FC
    Randomly suddenly asks for your sim pincode again
    Touchscreen reacts very slow

Just naming a few things :)

But for a first try, it's working pretty good, thanks for showing HTC Sense 3.5 on a Hero, looks very nice.

EDIT: Seems it doesn't always boot, often you get a black screen after entering your sim pincode :/

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Sorry for the Double post :p, but here are some screenshots, I know ppl always want to see screenshots. :)

Hintay: Feel free to use the screenshot in your First post :)

4e86398c38aa1-01.png
    4e8639bf935e9-02.png
    4e8639d89ae22-snap20110930_233311.png

4e8639ebec6f3-snap20110930_233255.png
    4e8639fa81953-snap20110930_233328.png
    4e863a0a9bffc-snap20110930_233341.png

4e863a21e2c4e-snap20110930_233440.png
    4e863a33a0e28-snap20110930_233547.png
    4e863a4620bcc-snap20110930_233802.png

4e863a59f3300-snap20110930_233807.png
    4e863a6b63301-snap20110930_233900.png
    4e863a7b17128-snap20110930_233934.png