[Noob] - How can I root this version? Please Help Me...

Search This thread

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Screenshot.jpg

Additional info:

*#1234#
AP: N7100XXUEMK9
CP: N7100XXUEMJ9
CSC:N7100COAEML2

A wonderfull day to all. I've been a member here wayback long ago. I know for myself that I don't contribute here a lot. It's because I'm not a very techie person.

But when my mom gave me her old Galaxy Note 2 and try to lurk around here about this phone. I've read a lot of good things about this phone and it's capabilities. Now I'm really getting interested about some things. But almost all of those Applications, Roms, Custom Roms, Recoveries, and Kernels reqiure root access, which my phone doesn't have. Hehehe. I tried to read a lot of post about rooting, but there's a lot of things and terms that confuses me, like MJ5, MK9, Baseband, Modem, Knox enabled, etc. I know that these things need to be considered when rooting. And I know that if I messed things up, my phone wil turn into an expensive paper weight. Hehehe.

The first thing I want to try is to root my phone, and try installing and uninstall system apps and enjoy rooted capabilities. So I'm hoping for somebody that can guide me how can I root this Model and Version. Hoping for your kind consideration guys. As I'm new about this rooting things.

Note:

AFAIK the Android version of this phone is previously 4.1.2 out from the box (not sure though). Then my mom got it updated to 4.3 and noticed that "Knox" is already in the app drawer. But if i open Knox it says: "You need to download and install this app. Downloading via mobile networks may result in additional charges depending on your payment plan." and there's an "Install" button that can be press. Do I need this app or do I need to install this? Is it safe? The phone doesn't have warrranty anymore. And I'm planning to Root, Install Custom Recovery, and Custom ROM in the futere. But I want to do it gradually.

Thank you very much guys for helping people like me.

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Additional info:

*#1234#

Knox is kinda security for phones which when installed secures it (you can google what KNOX really is,I wont go in detail).Now to answer your main question.You can do two things either root your current 4.3 firmware or update to 4.4.2 and root it.Most of the people rooted 4.4.2 after getting the official stock firmware and flash it through odin. If you want to stick to 4.3 firmware and only root and remove unwanted apps and enjoy root privileges then follow this guide to root your phone and have a custom recovery on it.This will trigger knox which means warranty will be void and knox status will be 0x1 and it cannot be reversed.It doesn't harm the phone at all.If you decide to upgrade to 4.4.2 stock ROM and want to root it follow this guide.Flash SuperSu from here via your custom recovery.

Reactions: asin_punk

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Knox is kinda security for phones which when installed secures it (you can google what KNOX really is,I wont go in detail).Now to answer your main question.You can do two things either root your current 4.3 firmware or update to 4.4.2 and root it.Most of the people rooted 4.4.2 after getting the official stock firmware and flash it through odin. If you want to stick to 4.3 firmware and only root and remove unwanted apps and enjoy root privileges then follow this guide to root your phone and have a custom recovery on it.This will trigger knox which means warranty will be void and knox status will be 0x1 and it cannot be reversed.It doesn't harm the phone at all.If you decide to upgrade to 4.4.2 stock ROM and want to root it follow this guide.Flash SuperSu from here via your custom recovery.

Thanks man. I think i have to start reading those thread now. Once again, Thank you.

Maybe in the future I will just use this thread to ask more questions while I'm on the process of rooting my phone.

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila

Hi again. Just followed your instruction. I chose to stick at 4.3 and have it started. I followed the instruction here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2531965. But after flashing Philz recovery and checked if its successful by trying the recovery, my stock recovery still appearing. Not the Philz recovery. I tried it twice. But still failed to have Philz recovery. And I checked my custom binary download, it says "Yes (2 counts)" and my knox is 1. After flashing thru odin, odin says "Pass" and my phone reboot automaticaly. But still no Philz recovery. Thanks.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hi again. Just followed your instruction. I chose to stick at 4.3 and have it started. I followed the instruction here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2531965. But after flashing Philz recovery and checked if its successful by trying the recovery, my stock recovery still appearing. Not the Philz recovery. I tried it twice. But still failed to have Philz recovery. And I checked my custom binary download, it says "Yes (2 counts)" and my knox is 1. After flashing thru odin, odin says "Pass" and my phone reboot automaticaly. But still no Philz recovery. Thanks.
I forgot to mention that you need to uncheck "auto reboot" in odin before you flash the recovery file.So once odin says pass the phone will be still in download mode.Unplug the usb cable from laptop ,pull the phone battery out to turn it off then wait for sometime plug the battery back in and then reboot directly into recovery by pressing volume up plus home plus power button.Your newly flashed recovery that is philz should load up.Try it and let me know.If that works then flash supersu from recovery without booting into your ROM.Once superSu is flashed reboot your phone and let it boot into android.

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
I forgot to mention that you need to uncheck "auto reboot" in odin before you flash the recovery file.So once odin says pass the phone will be still in download mode.Unplug the usb cable from laptop ,pull the phone battery out to turn it off then wait for sometime plug the battery back in and then reboot directly into recovery by pressing volume up plus home plus power button.Your newly flashed recovery that is philz should load up.Try it and let me know.If that works then flash supersu from recovery without booting into your ROM.Once superSu is flashed reboot your phone and let it boot into android.

Woah! Thanks for your quick reply. I did what you said... And YES!!! I have a Philz Recovery Version 5.15 .0 now... I just skip the flashing of super su, because i want to use dr.ketan's Multitool Advance Version in rooting and in removing of bloatwares or dr.ketan's "Bloatware Remover"http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2440951 to remove desired bloatwares only. Do you think it's fine? Thanks again.

But the sad part is...

Custom Binary Download: Yes (4 counts)
Knox Warranty Void: 1

Any harm with this status?

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Woah! Thanks for your quick reply. I did what you said... And YES!!! I have a Philz Recovery Version 5.15 .0 now... I just skip the flashing of super su, because i want to use dr.ketan's Multitool Advance Version in rooting and in removing of bloatwares or dr.ketan's "Bloatware Remover"http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2440951 to remove desired bloatwares only. Do you think it's fine? Thanks again.

But the sad part is...

Only harm in tripping KNOX is that your warranty is void (so no samsung repair center will fix your phone for free).Regarding custom binary download when you flash official 4.3 or 4.4.2 STOCK ROM that would get reset:).Yes you can use dr ketan's multi tool to reoot and deknox and debloat.Also I suggest you upgrade your philz recovery to 6.25.0 or 6.26.0 version just get that corresponding zip file of newer philz and flash it via your philz 5.0 and done.Enjoy your newly rooted note 2:)

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
Only harm in tripping KNOX is that your warranty is void (so no samsung repair center will fix your phone for free).Regarding custom binary download when you flash official 4.3 or 4.4.2 STOCK ROM that would get reset:).Yes you can use dr ketan's multi tool to reoot and deknox and debloat.Also I suggest you upgrade your philz recovery to 6.25.0 or 6.26.0 version just get that corresponding zip file of newer philz and flash it via your philz 5.0 and done.Enjoy your newly rooted note 2:)

Wahahaha!!! Huhuhu!!! But before anything else I would like to say Thanks again sir.

Im going crazy... Upon learning around with my Newly Rooted Note 2... I came to the point that I need to reset the phone to factory... I made a full back up using Philz Recov. It is created under internal storage... I forgot to copy it to my Ext_SD...Then make a reset under settings menu... And it got stucked to Samsung Logo. I have to pull the battery out... Then I remember that I made a backup... I quickly boot into recovery, then I cant see my backup. Realized that it is also have been erased during hard reset. Waaahahahaha....

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of my Stock 4.3 N7100XXUEMK9_N7100COAEML2_N7100XXUEMJ9-COA(Romania/Cosmote) ROM. And now I'm having a hard time to search for my 4.3 STOCK ROM that can be really downloaded. There are some links that has a false download file.

Do you have a link for that file? Sorry for wasting too much of your time. But thanks really.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Wahahaha!!! Huhuhu!!! But before anything else I would like to say Thanks again sir.

Im going crazy... Upon learning around with my Newly Rooted Note 2... I came to the point that I need to reset the phone to factory... I made a full back up using Philz Recov. It is created under internal storage... I forgot to copy it to my Ext_SD...Then make a reset under settings menu... And it got stucked to Samsung Logo. I have to pull the battery out... Then I remember that I made a backup... I quickly boot into recovery, then I cant see my backup. Realized that it is also have been erased during hard reset. Waaahahahaha....

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of my Stock 4.3 N7100XXUEMK9_N7100COAEML2_N7100XXUEMJ9-COA(Romania/Cosmote) ROM. And now I'm having a hard time to search for my 4.3 STOCK ROM that can be really downloaded. There are some links that has a false download file.

Do you have a link for that file? Sorry for wasting too much of your time. But thanks really.
It might be difficult to get 4.3 stock ROM link.I can get you 4.4.2 FNG4 link .You would need to flash it via your existing philz recovery and you are set.

Dedoxed stock FNG4 post # 4
(no need to re root your phone,just follow instructions in post # 5).Or you can use dr ketan's tool to debloat etc.Good luck

asin_punk

Dec 25, 2012
Manila
It might be difficult to get 4.3 stock ROM link.I can get you 4.4.2 FNG4 link .You would need to flash it via your existing philz recovery and you are set.

Dedoxed stock FNG4 post # 4
(no need to re root your phone,just follow instructions in post # 5).Or you can use dr ketan's tool to debloat etc.Good luck

Hi again. The instruction says "Use TWRP", is it ok if I use PhilzTouchReco? Just to inform you, I just downloaded official 4.4.2 (Philippines Openline) from sammonile and my phone is previously Romania (cosmote), and i'm from Philippines. I can use Romania(Cosmote) here in Philippines. Is it ok if I flash 4.4.2 Philippines(Openline)? And once I'm in 4.4.2, can I still use dr.ketan multitool adv in rooting, deknoxed, debloat and etc? Thank you very much sir.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Additional info:

*#1234#

But the sad part is...