[MOD][XPOSED] I am GROOT!

Search This thread

mikmitch

Jul 18, 2008
Tallahassee
I am GROOT!

Android Xposed module to play Groot sound effects during app activity transitions and/or to 'Groot-ify' almost all text.

Includes configuration options to turn sound effects and text on/off, inject Android system and/or app text, and specific text widgets to intercept at run-time.
Currently working for TextViews, GL canvas, and EditTexts; replacement of text in browsers and other WebViews in progress.

Featured on XDA-portal. Thanks to @Tomek Kondrat (eagleeyetom) for the article!

Screenshots
lv4Ax76.png

x5nXPmg.png

asbxXXw.png

DDy8oLX.png

Requirements

Instructions
  • Download apk from Xposed Module Repository
  • Install module as a normal apk
  • Open Xposed Installer and click checkbox to enable
  • Reboot device to activate module

Download
v1.1 - Xposed Module Repository

Disclaimer
I try my best to thoroughly test everything I publish, but given the staggering number of devices, ROMs, and apps I cannot make any guarantee that something will go wrong. Use at your own risk!

Source code
This module is open source software, available on my Github page, licensed under the Apache 2.0 license
If you are a developer and want to contribute, fork the repo and submit a pull request.

Credits

Problems/feedback
  • If you find this useful, click thanks!
  • If something is broken, let me know and I'll try my best to fix it!
  • If a feature is missing, suggest it and I'll try to add it!

Last edited:

bernhardtdrew

Jul 27, 2014
UH OH

xperia z2 just went craazyyy! can't even type my pin to unlock making me unable to use the whole phone. Now i don't know how i can disable this module :/

UPDATE: I tried restarting and now screen won't just turn on. :(

appreciate the immediate support.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MEHRDAD595

Aug 24, 2011
shiraz
xperia z2 just went craazyyy! can't even type my pin to unlock making me unable to use the whole phone. Now i don't know how i can disable this module :/

UPDATE: I tried restarting and now screen won't just turn on. :(

appreciate the immediate support.

Thanks!
what xposed framewrok r u using?!?
if its 2.6.1 and up then restart your phone and start pressing vol keys so that xposed app_prossess file get back to original one and phone boots normally

bernhardtdrew

Jul 27, 2014
what xposed framewrok r u using?!?
if its 2.6.1 and up then restart your phone and start pressing vol keys so that xposed app_prossess file get back to original one and phone boots normally

yes i am using 2.6.1. i was able to fix it by flashing the xposeddisabler.zip to disable xposed framework.
@mikmitch let me know if you need something from me to fix this. from my observation, it doesn't allow you to enter your pin lock (haven't tried removing the pin lock though)

mikmitch

Jul 18, 2008
Tallahassee
yes i am using 2.6.1. i was able to fix it by flashing the xposeddisabler.zip to disable xposed framework.

@mikmitch let me know if you need something from me to fix this. from my observation, it doesn't allow you to enter your pin lock (haven't tried removing the pin lock though)

Thanks for the feedback on the lockscreen issue. I was able to re-create the issue with the PIN lock screen and am working on a solution now. I will post the updated version soon!

UPDATE: The issue has been resolved. The module now ignores packages/processes that are keyguards/lockscreens. The updated apk pushed to the Xposed repo.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernhardtdrew

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
I am sorry but is this just for fun?

bernhardtdrew

Jul 27, 2014
Thanks for the feedback on the lockscreen issue. I was able to re-create the issue with the PIN lock screen and am working on a solution now. I will post the updated version soon!

UPDATE: The issue has been resolved. The module now ignores packages/processes that are keyguards/lockscreens. The updated apk pushed to the

works well now! thanks!

just a few more:

- App Lock password input goes crazy (seems like it automatically types in "groot" ?)
- Just a comparison with @Hodor, those in the Status Bar (e.g. Time, Battery, Notifications, Flip Settings, etc.) are not "I am Groot"
- not sure how the sound works but is it really like overlapping or something?

Thanks again!
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am GROOT!

Android Xposed module to play Groot sound effects during app activity transitions and/or to 'Groot-ify' almost all text.

Includes configuration options to turn sound effects and text on/off, inject Android system and/or app text, and specific text widgets to intercept at run-time.
    Currently working for TextViews, GL canvas, and EditTexts; replacement of text in browsers and other WebViews in progress.

Featured on XDA-portal. Thanks to @Tomek Kondrat (eagleeyetom) for the article!

Screenshots
    lv4Ax76.png

x5nXPmg.png

asbxXXw.png

DDy8oLX.png

Requirements

Instructions
    • Download apk from Xposed Module Repository
    • Install module as a normal apk
    • Open Xposed Installer and click checkbox to enable
    • Reboot device to activate module

Download
    v1.1 - Xposed Module Repository

Disclaimer
    I try my best to thoroughly test everything I publish, but given the staggering number of devices, ROMs, and apps I cannot make any guarantee that something will go wrong. Use at your own risk!

Source code
    This module is open source software, available on my Github page, licensed under the Apache 2.0 license
    If you are a developer and want to contribute, fork the repo and submit a pull request.

Credits

Problems/feedback
    • If you find this useful, click thanks!
    • If something is broken, let me know and I'll try my best to fix it!
    • If a feature is missing, suggest it and I'll try to add it!
    I am sorry but is this just for fun?

No, this is a must-have module for all Android users.
    So it is for fun.... :confused:

No, all android users must groot
    Could I change "GROOT" to another word?