[TOOL] HTC One (AT&T) All-In-One Toolkit V3.1 [7-28-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

libai8268

Oct 18, 2010
Before flashing recovery, use the tool kit to erase cache. Turn off the phone for 30 seconds. Power it back on, make sure both fastboot is off and usb debugging is enabled. Use the toolkit to flash recovery and then see if you can reboot into recovery from fastboot?

If that doesnt work, try erasing cache again?

Yes, I did try this after you suggested it. I even switched the USB port to see if it helps. I don't have USB 3.0. All USB ports are 2.0. And it didn't do anything. Phone would just reboot. Can't really figure out what steps are different between you and me.

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
What's the difference between this toolkit and the one you made in the international HTC one forum?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

robamacaf

Mar 19, 2012
Before flashing recovery, use the tool kit to erase cache. Turn off the phone for 30 seconds. Power it back on, make sure both fastboot is off and usb debugging is enabled. Use the toolkit to flash recovery and then see if you can reboot into recovery from fastboot?

Worked PERFECTLY for me and I couldn't get it into Recovery before

libai8268

Oct 18, 2010
Alright, mine works now. My method is re-install the HTC drivers again. I clicked on it and didn't really see anything installing. I tried to flash the recover again, this time "tampered" has shown on the very top of the screen. This worked for me. Hopefully it can help other people who have the same problem.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
What's the difference between this toolkit and the one you made in the international HTC one forum?

Same thing actually. This one has the newer recoveries. I didn't update the international one yet. Also, I provide links to the android development for the AT&T model, just in case AT&T users want ROMs specifically for their device. Less confusion overall.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Same thing actually. This one has the newer recoveries. I didn't update the international one yet. Also, I provide links to the android development for the AT&T model, just in case AT&T users want ROMs specifically for their device. Less confusion overall.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for clearing things up. I Got my Unlock_code.bin but haven't went any further with it yet. Now that the 2 roms have been posted in the AT&T section I'll probably take the plunge later this week.

Great Work .. thank you

rgoyena

Oct 15, 2010
When you flash recovery and able to get in it, do you still flash supersu to gain root??

Thank you

youwonder

Dec 22, 2011

This worked for me, thanks a bunch!

rgoyena

Oct 15, 2010
Sorry for asking but when flashing the recovery gain root access?

And what's the deal with s-off or on?

8125Omnimax

Jul 1, 2006
New York City
Step Down Guide

1) Unlock your bootloader, using the toolkit or the manual way ( I like the manual way but whatever method you are comfortable with )

2) During confirmation of the unlock process the phone will reboot, enter settings and in developer options, uncheck usb debugging and check it again.

3) Now in Hasoons toolkit navigate to the commands area on the bottom of the screen and select erase cache

4) Next your going to flash recovery, I reccomend TWRP because it made rooting easy ( check the next steps ). While still in the bootloader screen select the TWRP recovery, disregard the first DOS screen ( only sends a command to reboot into bootloader ), hit the x to close it, the second screen will flash the recovery.

You should still be on the bootloader screen at this point

5) Erase the cache one more time, let the process finish

6) From the bootloader menu select Bootloader>Recovery, TWRP will now load up. Touch the reboot icon. TWRP will detect that you are not rooted and will push an install package apk for SuperSU

7) Once your phone has rebooted, open the install SuperSU app it will detect that you are not rooted and offer you two methods, you will be given an option to root the phone the normal way ( standard su install ) or download a TWRP flashable zip that will PERM-ROOT the HTC One. CHOOSE THE TWRP FLASHABLE ZIP.

Once you choose the TWRP flashable zip, the phone will reboot back into TWRP and flash the SU automatically. when the phone reboots you are all set.

HRodMusic

Nov 30, 2010
Seattle
this guide helped me out so much! thanks man!!

i got stuck trying to flash the recovery, my phone would just reboot lol.. but after like 5 tries it finally did it!! i am now rooted!!

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Oh my God. I sat here for 30 minutes trying to get it to work and I had the HTC "fast boot" (not the fastboot that Android SDK has) was enabled. Disable that and then TAMPERED will show in your unlocked bootloader, THEN the recovery will stick> YES

Ha, thanks for this tip! Was driving me nuts as well, but finally got it! :)

cy88

Nov 14, 2010
Step Down Guide

1) Unlock your bootloader, using the toolkit or the manual way ( I like the manual way but whatever method you are comfortable with )

2) During confirmation of the unlock process the phone will reboot, enter settings and in developer options, uncheck usb debugging and check it again.

3) Now in Hasoons toolkit navigate to the commands area on the bottom of the screen and select erase cache

4) Next your going to flash recovery, I reccomend TWRP because it made rooting easy ( check the next steps ). While still in the bootloader screen select the TWRP recovery, disregard the first DOS screen ( only sends a command to reboot into bootloader ), hit the x to close it, the second screen will flash the recovery.

6) From the bootloader menu select Bootloader>Recovery, TWRP will now load up. Touch the reboot icon. TWRP will detect that you are not rooted and will push an install package apk for SuperSU

7) Once your phone has rebooted, open the install SuperSU app it will detect that you are not rooted and offer you two methods, you will be given an option to root the phone the normal way ( standard su install ) or download a TWRP flashable zip that will PERM-ROOT the HTC One. CHOOSE THE TWRP FLASHABLE ZIP.

Once you choose the TWRP flashable zip, the phone will reboot back into TWRP and flash the SU automatically. when the phone reboots you are all set.

Thanks so much! This guide helped a lot.

I think the key is "fast boot" that's enabled under the Power setting, like dtothesquare suggested. Perhaps the very first step should be:
- Turn off fast boot under power setting, wipe cache, turn off phone for 30 second. Power it back on and start your steps.

I think it doesn't make sense that some people have to try "multiple times" and randomly get it when they are doing the same steps of clearing cache and flashing the same recovery.img every time. It must have been something that gets cached by fastboot and eventually clears itself to allow the device to be "tempered". By turning off the fastboot and clear the cache manually first, that would speed it up.

Again, this is just a wild guess....but it worked great for me!

8125Omnimax

Jul 1, 2006
New York City
Didn't even need to disable fastboot in the power menu at all, although for some who have rooted HTCs are familiar with disabling this setting, clearing the cache before and after the recovery flash does the trick.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC One. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • TWRP
    Kernels
    • User provided kernels
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked
    - Link to the One Development thread
    - Boot Into Recovery/Bootloader/Phone
    - Flash kernel/recovery/RUU zip
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

15gzh9i.jpg

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Flyhalf205 for building CWM
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 4-20-2013
    - Initial Release

v1.3 Released! 6-2-2013
    - Updated CWM
    - Merged T-Mobile/M7/AT&T into one toolkit. Makes it all easier for me
    - Added links for Factory RUU, device specific android dev links and device specific toolkit threads
    - Placed links for my Androidfiles/Dev-Host account

v1.4 Released! 6-16-2013
    - Updated CWM/CWM Touch to 6.0.3.2
    - Updated TWRP
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.34
    - Added a Referral Program Link

v2.0 Released! 7-8-2013
    - Merged Sprint variant with all the other models
    - Added 2 S-Off commands (Write CID and Return to S-On) <--------- MUST HAVE S-OFF TO USE!
    - Added links for Sprint toolkit thread and Sprint Dev section.
    This is supports ALL HTC One models now!

v2.1 Released! 7-9-2013
    - Updated TWRP (GSM) to 2.6.0.0
    - Added Phil's CWM Touch 5.0.7.1 for Sprint Models
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.41
    - Removed HTC Drivers and replaced it with a link to download. Lightens up the size of download of the toolkit with all the different recoveries!

v3.0 Released! 7-22-2013
    - Added all the commands to run S-Off! You'll have it done within minutes!
    - Moved some stuff around
    - Added a command to launch CMD so you have access to ADB/Fastboot.

v3.1 Released!
    - Updated CWM Touch GSM to v6.0.3.4
    - Updated SuperSU to v1.45
    - Fixed the S-Off Tampered command
    - Added a link for remote root service (sponsor)
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    Step Down Guide

Same. So I unlocked the bootloader, I headed to flash recovery. Click on TWRP, phone rebooted into bootloader. Close the command window, another command window popped up and said pushing recovery, flashing recovery and finished. I unplugged (tried not unplugged too) and use the power button to get into the recovery option on the phone. Clicked on it, phone reboots.