[App]HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing[21/07/2009]

Search This thread

ykhehra1

Oct 5, 2010
it is not working on my htv hd2, just tring to connect but never succeed. I have 2 htc hd2 and they were working fine as wifi router before with wmwifirouter trial and android SD rom hotspots. but suddenly stop working after I my carrier to wind canada. So I tried this app, still no luck. Is it possible that Wind block wifi sharing?

PS. internet on phones working fine.

silenthatred

Nov 13, 2008
HBG, PA
it is not working on my htv hd2, just tring to connect but never succeed. I have 2 htc hd2 and they were working fine as wifi router before with wmwifirouter trial and android SD rom hotspots. but suddenly stop working after I my carrier to wind canada. So I tried this app, still no luck. Is it possible that Wind block wifi sharing?

PS. internet on phones working fine.

They would have to block internet from your phone to prevent you from using this app. Gotta be something else. Are you getting assign an IP address? DNS? I'm assuming it sees the wireless network?

ykhehra1

Oct 5, 2010
all IP DNS setting are default on automatic. But got it working on android SD rom by changing rom.

silenthatred

Nov 13, 2008
HBG, PA
all IP DNS setting are default on automatic. But got it working on android SD rom by changing rom.

Cool, they should be on the default automatic setting. What I meant was are you actually getting them assigned automatically. If you look at your connection status after it is connected, you should be able to see what IP address and DNS you are assigned. But glad you got it working!

Jopeke

Oct 16, 2009
unable to uninstall w@p CM Wifi Internet Sharing

Has someone any idea how to manually remove this software package?
I have installed the cab from the initial thread.
It is installed on my HTC Touch2 (running Windows Mobile 6.5)
but the wifi tether didn't work (it was not possible for wifi to get connected to my wireless router)
I have tried to uninstall through the uninstall feature of win mo
But I get an error, this package can't be uninstalled.
Any idea which files and which regestry settings I have to remove?
i already removed windows\CMInternetSharing.exe and windows\CMInternetSharing.0409.mui, but haven't got an idea which registry settings to remove.

Thanks is advance
Johan

Jopeke

Oct 16, 2009
apologize, Wifi tethering is working.
I had tried to connect my medion lyfetab (android 3.2) but it seems that android doesn't supporting adhoc networks by default, which causes me from thinking the wifi tether didn't work.

Still any idea for the uninstall error(problem) ?

How do you stop the wifi sharing ?
Rgds Johan

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Found a thread of blackplatypus on enabling ad-hoc on android. Gonna try this for sure. I'll hope it will work on android 3.2 as well

USOSLOW757

Jul 14, 2009
At&T Nastygram ... STOP Tethering !

I have been using this cab. For over a year on my HTC TP2, running WM 6.5 Pro., and today AT&T sent me a Letter in the mail saying they are going to add Tethering to my account.
My question is there a way to connect and not be tracked; I mainly connect to an ipod T4?
When I launch this cab It brings up a screen and at the bottom has “Internet Connection”, and mine is Media Net (with a green dot next to it). Is this the only option I have? there are no others showing. Is there another way to connect and / or hide?
Does At&T really know im tethering to a ipod, or do they just see me use a lot of data? Im still under their unlimited data plan. I used about 3-4 gb per mo.
Any help on this anyone?

fruehling

Dec 26, 2007
Is this working on HTC 8x? I am on Walmart $30 unlimited plan over tmobile network. Tmo seems to not be allowing connection sharing. I get "Connection not shared. Internet sharing isn't currently allowed"

Any help?

karelkopp

Dec 24, 2007
please anyone help me with this?
I trying to use this app but i dont know how to change internet connection on this app for internet i using connection O2 INTERNET but this app wants use connection via O2 WAP
thanks for reply

mirabilos

Dec 31, 2010
www.mirbsd.org
This does *not* work on an Eten glofiish X650 with stock ROM (WM 6.1 Pro).

The QVGA version scrolls, the other doesn’t scroll. The “Status” part of the UI stays empty, and the Android phone (Samsung, which I borrowed for a while) does not “see” the network either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC CM Wifi Internet Sharing

Thanks To Tom_Codon For Sharing the Package from his New Tom Topaz Rom.

I resized and compressed The Graphics for VGA and Compressed The Exe File.

So this looks to be Working Without any Dependencies, Please Give feedback so others know where it is or isn't working.

I know people want this, so Getting it out there was Prime Directive. (Not sitting on something that will be out in a month or two, keeping it just for myself in roms i cook, sharing it)

Share Your Internet Connection As A Wifi HotSpot, Thank you HTC for looking at what users want.

Download

It is adviced to install this with the Topaz CommManager as its an add on to a newer version.Does Not have a Shortcut in Programs because it has a Control Panel >> Connections entry!

QVGA Version By wapvirus + HTC Sroll
    Did anyone know that this app works for HTC Evo for sprint its amazing!

No, because the Evo is running Android. This is a Windows Mobile app. Wireless tether works on the Evo and accomplishes the same thing. Actually more since you can connect multiple clients at once and it runs in router mode.