Felica is valid scl22, Custom Image

Search This thread

dolphin_fune

Nov 6, 2008
Tokyo
It is a system image to root of odin in the SCL22 of Japan.
Su is enabled at startup.
System status is official.
Felica is enabled.

Custom Image v1 is Here.
http://www1.axfc.net/u/3168553

Custom Image v1.1 is Here.
http://www1.axfc.net/u/3172168

XDA:DevDB Information
Felica is valid scl22, Custom Image, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
dolphin_fune, dolphin_fune

Version Information

Created 2014-02-11
Last Updated 2014-02-15

dolphin_fune

Nov 6, 2008
Tokyo
It is a system image to root of odin in the SCL22 of Japan.
Su is enabled at startup.
System status is official.
Felica is enabled.

Custom Image v1 is Here.
http://www1.axfc.net/u/3168553

Custom Image v1.1 is Here.

XDA:DevDB Information
Felica is valid scl22, Custom Image, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
dolphin_fune, dolphin_fune

Version Information

Created 2014-02-11
Last Updated 2014-02-15

This Mod is Update.
ver1.1 is Here.

Reactions: ducmthai

ducmthai

Mar 21, 2011
Hi,

I also interested in this rooting method. However, the link for v1.1 seems to be invalid. Please check.

Thanks!

ducmthai

Mar 21, 2011
i have SCL22
what is this thread all about
can anyone explain

SCL22 rooting, the custom image maintains working NFC (NFC in Japan market is different with international market, as it is involved in mobile payments). You will need to flash the custom image via Odin, but you'll lose all of your data.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hi again, it seems that the link for your v1.1 is corrupted. Also, KDDI has updated their firmware version to SCL22KDUBNB1. Could you please provide any rooting information about this new version? Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Reactions: niranjan.anu

dolphin_fune

Nov 6, 2008
Tokyo
There is no link of v1.1. I am sorry. Nb1 even can make an effective system of felica. For more information, please contact github.com/rara7886/make_rooted_system-rara7886[/url].
Thx.

Reactions: ducmthai

ducmthai

Mar 21, 2011
There is no link of v1.1. I am sorry. Nb1 even can make an effective system of felica. For more information, please contact github.com/rara7886/make_rooted_system-rara7886[/url].
Thx.

Thank you very much for your reply. However, I don't understand Japanese, it also takes a huge amount of time to learn it :(

So could you please help to translate those instructions in the git repository to English? We are very grateful if you provide us a translated version.

I also have one more question to ask, if I flash custom recovery/kernel to SCL22, FeliCa won't work; does this affects NFC too? Then after I re-flash stock recovery/kernel, will FeliCa & NFC work again?

Thank you very much for your time!!!

beast08

Dec 30, 2013
Anyone tried to install this? Does it work?

Sent from my SCL22 using xda app-developers app

jcroot003sh

Jun 25, 2012
SCL22 AU - Got Root. I'll help if I can ....

The long story that is my SCL22 (AU) successful root. I’ve been trying for months and doing lots of reading but I did not want to trip the Knox fuse so I kept waiting. Last weekend I went at it hard. I blended a couple of threads together and will try to explain below so the rest of you can try it.

1) I tried lots of ROM downloads but some were broken and some were for the SC-01 (Docomo) which I was reluctant to try. I also installed and reinstalled SU several times but I think I could have just installed it early and left it.

2) I downloaded the “make_rooted_system-rara7886-master” and figured it out. I eventually had to correct line 274 of the .sh file where the word "install" was spelled wrong. I got the system.img.ext4 and cache.img.ext4 output in a nicely wrapped .tar file named . (See step 8) I ran it in Ubuntu 14.04 but it took a little doing. You will need to SUDO it and when it is working you will see the BusyBox and other files copying. When there are no errors, you’ve got it. Link is
http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=71

3) Next I flashed this ROM with Odin. Easy. But I could not install SU. I thought I failed.

4) So I tried another downloaded file named SCL22KDUBNB1_SCL22KDIBNB1_SCL22KDUBNB1_HOME.tar
This flashed the ROM perfectly and the phone was working fine but once again I couldn’t get root.

5) It seems as long as I am only writing the two .img files, Knox is not tripped. So I think I can keep trying with different versions in the .tar file indefinitely. I must have flashed it 6 or 7 times. (Can anyone confirm this?)

6) I finally ran out of patience and decided to try the SC-01F rooted ROM called
SC01F-ROOTED-system.tar

7) This flashed fine but when the phone booted (complete with DOCOMO logo) I kept getting a message “MMBPROCESS stopped unexpectedly” every 10 seconds or so and this made the phone unusable. I wasn’t even able to check for root but I wonder if this was when I actually got root (or later with GNT3eXT?)

8) Then I flashed back to my own custom made .tar.
SCL22KDUBNB1-ROOTED-system.tar
Again this was easy with Odin. My system was back to normal but when I tried su I got an error. Then I tried GNT3eXT again and was careful to check the boxes. (I had missed this before because they are not worded very clearly) and suddenly I was done. Then I tried su again and it searched for administrative rights and I knew I was good. Rootchecker is fine, RootFTPServer works as does TB. Bluetooth is also fine.

I was working off of a number of explanations but I think this one is pretty close to how I did it.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46447385&postcount=2
I did not need to do anything with Busybox and I haven’t installed Xposed either. If I had checked the boxes in GNT3eXT earlier, this may have taken WAY less time. My bad but I got it in the end and I didn’t trip Knox and FeliCa works in case I want it in the future.

So, long story short

1) Get the latest ROM from Samsung. Extract the system.img and cache.img and run it through system-rara7886.
2) Try flashing it and then enabling su in GNT3eXT first. THEN check SU. If this doesn’t work you may consider flashing a ROOTED version of SC-01F and then immediately flashing the ROOTED SCL22 ROM from rara. Then enable GNT3eXT and you’re golden.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Bad quality Youtube video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LfzWOxcwrQ

Last edited:
Reactions: xdaoxs

xdaoxs

Jan 24, 2014
make_rooted_system-rara7886 Simple Explanation

The long story that is my SCL22 (AU) successful root. I’ve been trying for months and doing lots of reading but I did not want to trip the Knox fuse so I kept waiting. Last weekend I went at it hard. I blended a couple of threads together and will try to explain below so the rest of you can try it.

1) I tried lots of ROM downloads but some were broken and some were for the SC-01 (Docomo) which I was reluctant to try. I also installed and reinstalled SU several times but I think I could have just installed it early and left it.

2) I downloaded the “make_rooted_system-rara7886-master” and figured it out. I eventually had to correct line 274 of the .sh file where the word "install" was spelled wrong. I got the system.img.ext4 and cache.img.ext4 output in a nicely wrapped .tar file named . (See step 8) I ran it in Ubuntu 14.04 but it took a little doing. You will need to SUDO it and when it is working you will see the BusyBox and other files copying. When there are no errors, you’ve got it. Link is
http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=71

3) Next I flashed this ROM with Odin. Easy. But I could not install SU. I thought I failed.

4) So I tried another downloaded file named SCL22KDUBNB1_SCL22KDIBNB1_SCL22KDUBNB1_HOME.tar
This flashed the ROM perfectly and the phone was working fine but once again I couldn’t get root.

5) It seems as long as I am only writing the two .img files, Knox is not tripped. So I think I can keep trying with different versions in the .tar file indefinitely. I must have flashed it 6 or 7 times. (Can anyone confirm this?)

6) I finally ran out of patience and decided to try the SC-01F rooted ROM called
SC01F-ROOTED-system.tar

7) This flashed fine but when the phone booted (complete with DOCOMO logo) I kept getting a message “MMBPROCESS stopped unexpectedly” every 10 seconds or so and this made the phone unusable. I wasn’t even able to check for root but I wonder if this was when I actually got root (or later with GNT3eXT?)

8) Then I flashed back to my own custom made .tar.
SCL22KDUBNB1-ROOTED-system.tar
Again this was easy with Odin. My system was back to normal but when I tried su I got an error. Then I tried GNT3eXT again and was careful to check the boxes. (I had missed this before because they are not worded very clearly) and suddenly I was done. Then I tried su again and it searched for administrative rights and I knew I was good. Rootchecker is fine, RootFTPServer works as does TB. Bluetooth is also fine.

I was working off of a number of explanations but I think this one is pretty close to how I did it.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46447385&postcount=2
I did not need to do anything with Busybox and I haven’t installed Xposed either. If I had checked the boxes in GNT3eXT earlier, this may have taken WAY less time. My bad but I got it in the end and I didn’t trip Knox and FeliCa works in case I want it in the future.

So, long story short

1) Get the latest ROM from Samsung. Extract the system.img and cache.img and run it through system-rara7886.
2) Try flashing it and then enabling su in GNT3eXT first. THEN check SU. If this doesn’t work you may consider flashing a ROOTED version of SC-01F and then immediately flashing the ROOTED SCL22 ROM from rara. Then enable GNT3eXT and you’re golden.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Bad quality Youtube video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LfzWOxcwrQ

Hi,

Thanks a million for taking the time to report your methodology. Unfortunately I have been racking my brains trying to sort out how to use the zipped files in Linux Ubuntu to get it all working. The explanation is in Japanese (big thanks to the Japanese gentlemen who have worked hard on this - if they are in Osaka Ill buy them a beer!!) but difficult to comprehend using translators online - guess I need to study harder.

My request is for you to step by step in simple English go through th esteps in Linux to use the zipped folder that ma34 put together. I have my AU SCL22 firmware file and have run it through WIndows as you suggested to extracte the system.img.ext4 and cache files. Next I go into Linux Ubunto and have the make_rooted_system-rara7886 folder I downloaded on the desktop. I have put my two files (do I also need the cache one?) in the root of this folder and am kind of stuck what to do next.....Can you take the time to explain this more throughroughly? Look forward to getting this working with your explanation.:)

Update: Ok I have managed to set permissions as in the read me text file, for example..

Please add execute permissions to bin/ext4_utils/mkuserimg.sh and make_rooted_factoryfs.sh.
(dir) $ chmod a + x make_rooted_factoryfs.sh
(dir) $ chmod a + x bin/ext4_utils/mkuserimg.sh

And then in terminal dropped and executed the make_rooted_system.sh file but receive the following error..

185: .: Can't open ./install_su

BTW (I checked for any mispelling in files but all seems okay.

If you could post your tar file so I can test that would make it easier but I still wanna get this going by myself for the sake of it and for others. Thanks a million for any support. Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!

Update :good:: I overcame the cant open install_su issue by logging in as root using sudo su. I was able to execute the chmod commands on the two files (as Im on AU KDDI it was make_rooted_system.sh not the one listen above Ive used the windows method to get the readable img file for Linux Ubuntu but I get the following error messages:

Error reading sparse file header
mount:you must specify the filesystem type
and lots of umount...No such file or directory

Maybe Ill try redoing the files through the windows method. Anyone with any ideas?

Last edited:

jcroot003sh

Jun 25, 2012
xdaoxs,

Sorry for the delay. Apparently I am not getting any of the updates from this site. I'll check into that.

OK, I am running Ubuntu 14.04 on my server here and I copied the rara folder to the desktop and then put the two files (you mentioned that you already have them) into the correct location according to the info below (from the rara instructions which I have semi translated) :

Instructions

In the same directory as readme.txt, put in place the factoryfs.img (system.img.ext4) from the factoryROM。Files and folders should be positioned/named as below

(dir)
├ bin/
├ config/
├ img/
│ └SCL22 (your phone’s model name)
│ ├(cache.img) ※you must add this
│ └factoryfs.img(system.img.ext4 or system.img) ※ you must add this
├ sed/
├ user/
│ └Sample (This was already there I think)
│ ├install.sh
│ └xxxx.so (I actually didn't have this file and it still worked)
│ └.gitignore (this file came included as well)
│ readme.txt
├ install_su
├ make_rooted_factoryfs.sh
└ user_custom.sh

When the positioning is finished, start Terminal, navigate to the the folder and execute as “sudo make_rooted_factoryfs.sh"

You will get a .tar file in a folder which will be created called "out" that can be flashed as is using Odin. Mine is called SCL22KDUBNB1-ROOTED-system.tar

Hope this helps. I'm in Nagoya by the way. Let me know how it goes.

xdaoxs

Jan 24, 2014
moved on to KitKat

Thanks jcroot003sh. I managed to succeed with this process but due to work wasnt able to respond. Thanks for trying to help.

I just updated to SCL22 KitKat and am working on getting a proper root using the method here. Will post when I have success.

Thanks again

xdaoxs,

Sorry for the delay. Apparently I am not getting any of the updates from this site. I'll check into that.

OK, I am running Ubuntu 14.04 on my server here and I copied the rara folder to the desktop and then put the two files (you mentioned that you already have them) into the correct location according to the info below (from the rara instructions which I have semi translated) :

Instructions

In the same directory as readme.txt, put in place the factoryfs.img (system.img.ext4) from the factoryROM。Files and folders should be positioned/named as below

(dir)
├ bin/
├ config/
├ img/
│ ├(cache.img) ※you must add this
│ └factoryfs.img(system.img.ext4 or system.img) ※ you must add this
├ sed/
├ user/
│ └Sample (This was already there I think)
│ ├install.sh
│ └xxxx.so (I actually didn't have this file and it still worked)
│ └.gitignore (this file came included as well)
│ readme.txt
├ install_su
├ make_rooted_factoryfs.sh
└ user_custom.sh

When the positioning is finished, start Terminal, navigate to the the folder and execute as “sudo make_rooted_factoryfs.sh"

You will get a .tar file in a folder which will be created called "out" that can be flashed as is using Odin. Mine is called SCL22KDUBNB1-ROOTED-system.tar

Hope this helps. I'm in Nagoya by the way. Let me know how it goes.

DeadCode1

Nov 24, 2014
Osaka
www.allthec.blogspot.com
SCL22 rooting, the custom image maintains working NFC (NFC in Japan market is different with international market, as it is involved in mobile payments). You will need to flash the custom image via Odin, but you'll lose all of your data.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hi again, it seems that the link for your v1.1 is corrupted. Also, KDDI has updated their firmware version to SCL22KDUBNB1. Could you please provide any rooting information about this new version? Thanks in advanced!

Root SCL22 working fine - http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/samsung-galaxy-note-3-scl22-au-kddi-t2964801

niranjan.anu

Jan 9, 2014
Homagama
Hello
Is there any lolipop bootloaders for scl22 note 3 au kddi. I want to install lolipop custom rom. But without lolipop bootloaders i cant intall any custom roms.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts