trying to update to 4.4.3 from 4.4.2

Search This thread

cesar.maranhao

Dec 7, 2013
i am currently on 4.4.2 with root and xposed framework already uninstalled from within the app, philz recovery mode.

when i try to install the 4.4.3 update (about 92 MB) it gives me an error on a specific apk (cannot remember exactly which one).

what are my best options? flash a stock 4.4.3 image and re root?

Last edited:

cesar.maranhao

Dec 7, 2013
It's failing because of xposed. Try this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53109563
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

i am thinking and maybe the best for me is to make a fresh install (never did this before).

i have a couple of apps that i will need to have root and i also like keep the philz custom recovery

i never did this so i would like to know if it is safe to follow this guide:

How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2513701

i do not want to brick this. if i follow that, will i keep philz custom recovery? note that i am currently on 4.4.2.

and to get root again (after a fresh install of 4.4.3) will flash supersu.zip again be enough?

xposed is not needed for me and because of that i am havi all these troubles now, want to avoid that later.

edit: if i flash the file you posted, will it give me all the options i am asking right?

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
i am thinking and maybe the best for me is to make a fresh install (never did this before).

i have a couple of apps that i will need to have root and i also like keep the philz custom recovery

i never did this so i would like to know if it is safe to follow this guide:

How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2513701

i do not want to brick this. if i follow that, will i keep philz custom recovery? note that i am currently on 4.4.2.

and to get root again (after a fresh install of 4.4.3) will flash supersu.zip again be enough?

xposed is not needed for me and because of that i am havi all these troubles now, want to avoid that later.

edit: if i flash the file you posted, will it give me all the options i am asking right?

The link I gave you is the same as a clean install except you won't lose your data or custom recovery. You will lose root and will have to flash super su in your custom recovery. If you go with a complete clean install I'd use the link you posted. You'll have to flash a custom recovery via fastboot and then flash super su in it to root. My link will be simpler for you

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I recently upgraded to 4.4.3 myself. Everything you need is in the stickies my friend. Flash the stock 4.4.2 factory ROM through philz recovery. When you upgrade to 4.4.3 you will lose your custom recovery but the boot loader should still be unlocked (mine was). Its okay, there are two options to get philz recovery back. You can use fast boot commands with the phone in the boot loader menu connected to your PC. The command itself and how to set up android SDK is in the sticky called unlocking boot loader, rooting and flashing ROM (or something like that lol). Option two is to use the app flashify available from the playstore. It will back up your custom recovery and you can use that to reflash it after you upgrade. I have not used it myself as I prefer to just use the simple fastboot commands in the cmd menu.

EDIT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507905

Follow this tutorial on how to get your recovery back. Also the phone will no longer be rooted. There is a link in that tut to the superuser zip. Flash it through the custom recovery after you install it. You'll be rooted on 4.4.3 in less than 15 minutes from start to finish :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Last edited:

Tunderpimp

Jul 13, 2012
I just flashed rastakat 4.4.2 then dirty flashed rastakat 4.4.3. Runs smooth and I lost nothing

Top Liked Posts