[ROM/Port] (Unofficial) CodeNameAndroid 1.4.0 Nightly (02/26) [4.0.3 ICS AOSP] [DEAD]

Is this Port of CNA stable enough to put in the Development Section?

• Yes, Please...

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No way, needs more work

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
I was on this rom for a little more than a day and really liked it. But since I'm a flash o'holic I thought that I would try another new rom in the i9000 forum. Its a team kang rom from the nexus that has been ported to the sgs. Its has about the same options as this rom, with a little extra. So far it has been good not as smooth but have yet to fine bugs other then GPS, but we are lucky if that works on a stock rom on are phones. Just giving more options to people that like to flash everything like me.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1489213

That build looks killer. 3, 2, 1... PORT!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
I really like this covert/incognito thread in the vib general section! Keeps a lot of "does is have the mute/unmute fix" or does GPS works lol

My plan. I would like some "old" users test first. I know there are bugs.
Btw no mute bug that I've found or speaker phone bug.

Last edited:

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
Secret +1
Going to take the dive now see u on the other side

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

OFF THE HOOK!
Definitely some major bacon peeps!
Lots of options which is took me a while to set it.
Like the tap sound it's like my t.prime

eshiku

Feb 4, 2012
sorry for the noob question. the CodeNameAndroid rom says its for i9000, but this will also work for Vibrant T959 ?

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
[/COLOR]OFF THE HOOK!
Definitely some major bacon peeps!
Lots of options which is took me a while to set it.
Like the tap sound it's like my t.prime

Welcome to the dark side of ics, kind of nice not having to flash anything else to get more options in the rom?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

sorry for the noob question. the CodeNameAndroid rom says its for i9000, but this will also work for Vibrant T959 ?

Yep, but you'll need a vibrant ics kernel, vibrant modem and key fix. Or just use the one that bob put together in the first post.

eshiku

Feb 4, 2012
Welcome to the dark side of ics, kind of nice not having to flash anything else to get more options in the rom?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Yep, but you'll need a vibrant ics kernel, vibrant modem and key fix. Or just use the one that bob put together in the first post.

Thanks for the quick reply! imma try this one out :)

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Just to conquer I full wiped with darkside super wipe and then factory wipe(lol),flashed rom and followed with the Migrate2datadata.zip and zero issues for yhe past hour!
This might flourish into something greater in future :eek:

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
Just to conquer I full wiped with darkside super wipe and then factory wipe(lol),flashed rom and followed with the Migrate2datadata.zip and zero issues for yhe past hour!
This might flourish into something greater in future :eek:

I hope so. I've been on the team kang AOKP for about 5 hours and there was a little lag at first, now it flies. Kang and code named android are the two fastest roms I have ever used.

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
I hope so. I've been on the team kang AOKP for about 5 hours and there was a little lag at first, now it flies. Kang and code named android are the two fastest roms I have ever used.

Agreed! I thought my vib was lightening on the last builds of cm7 but this tops it.
Has anyone tinkered with the combo of the free ram option along with processes in dev. options? Mines set @100 min ram and max 2 process and zero lag liveoc 110% 13×× gHz monster

jeremy2420

Nov 25, 2010
Isanti
Agreed! I thought my vib was lightening on the last builds of cm7 but this tops it.
Has anyone tinkered with the combo of the free ram option along with processes in dev. options? Mines set @100 min ram and max 2 process and zero lag liveoc 110% 13×× gHz monster

The team kang has a built in memory killer that you can set to keep a certain amount of ram free at all times. I have mine set at 50mb, you can set it as high as 100mb. Im at 200 min 1000 max with 110% live oc.

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
So far, so good. CNA 1.3.2 + icssgs #257179 kernel working great. Glitch v14b3 just froze on boot.

MP

From my virtual Ice Cream Truck.

Samsung Vibrant, T-Mobile USA
Onecosmic ICSSGS RC4.2, KA7 modem, Platypus 3.0.8 TeamICSSGS #257179 kernel @1Ghz,noop,lulzactive,datadata,gapps v11

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Who isn't bored of the gay parade bootanimation lol
This bootanimation I use is elegant and gets to the point
Sam Gal S Ice Cream Sand animation cmw flashable if you don't know
http://db.tt/E0NwHgmR

Btw...You took the plunge ay MP lol
Tweak it and enjoy!
Edit: It's not flashable anymore. Extract it push it in system/media ,overwrite or delete old fix perms...and....Golden

Last edited:
Reactions: bobshute

mikka06

Dec 13, 2010
Nice
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
i'm trying this rom for few hours and all i can say is i'm impressed. First time i followed installation steps from OP and i had the same bugs reported by XriderX66, i mean Gmail not working and Market issues in spite of flashing Gapps.zip and i had also several self-reboots in recovery. After a full wipe install, i mean wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset, dalvik cache, format data, format cache, format system this rom simply flyies. Gmail and Market is ok even if it took some time for sync.

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
Playing around in developer options I limited backround processes to 2 and changed both animation scales to .5x. I haven't had a hint of any lag since.

markfjones

Feb 2, 2011
Still the bomb

I've used this rom for 2 days now and it's the fastest rom I've had to date. I really like it. No problems so far other than it rebooted itself once. Thanks again!

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
I just no wiped and flashed again because it became a little laggy at times.
Seems good, I've ran it with glitch b3 and wanted to try a different combination which one are you guys liking (I got them all) .

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
I just no wiped and flashed again because it became a little laggy at times.
Seems good, I've ran it with glitch b3 and wanted to try a different combination which one are you guys liking (I got them all) .

I couldn't get Icy Glitch v14b3 to work on CNA. It kept freezing the Rom shortly after boot. I switched to TeamICSSGS #257179 (RC4.2 kernel) with Noop IO Scheduler and Lulzactive CPU governor, and everything was nice and smooth.

Jumping to CM9 Build 16 now to work on mods, but I'll be back to this later.

MP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CodeName Android is now officially supported on the Vibrant so this thread's life is at an end.
    Go here:http://codenameandroid.com/cna-1-5-0-add-multiple-devices-and-nightly-builds/ to get the latest nightly build.
    or in XDA here for sixstringsg's build:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531135

HERE WE GO with CodeNameAndroid 1.4.0 Nightlies for my (or your) Vibrant. This is pure CNA. It is from a I9000 (nightly) build made by Bubble-be from the 02-26-2012 source.
    Bubble-be’s thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1512938
    It is a straight build from source, nothing added, nothing changed. I have only ported it to the Vibrant. GAPPS is not included so you will need to flash GAPPS after flashing the rom. I have removed the asserts in the update script so be sure you have a T-Mobile SGH-T959 Vibrant before flashing.

Please visit and donate at the CodeName Android Development Site @ http://www.codenameandroid.com

This is a port that I personally made for myself. I liked it so much I decide to share with all here.
    If you are an experienced user try it out. As I made this for me, what you see is what you get.
    Do not expect support, although I will try to help if you have problems. Please visit the pages linked above to get info and change logs etc.

Additional issues fixed in the 02/26 nightly besides those in the below change log.
    * RIL issue (not correctly registering signal strength and taking a long time to get a signal after reboot) has been fixed.
    * External SdCard now mounts properly on the PC

1.4.0 Changelog
    * common: CNASettings has been merged into settings and has been completely re-writen to work better on both phones and tablets
    * common: removed google apps from compile
    * common: added the file manager back
    * common: wait to lock screen (romanbb)
    * common: webos style recents (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
    * common: better rotation control options (Team Eos)
    * common: Added CombinedBar Auto Hide (Flemmard)
    * common: all lockscreen graphics have been improved and resized (androiduser)
    * common: root is now option (cyanogen – in developer options)
    * common: faster transition animations in the launcher (nebkat)
    * common: Hiding media from folder with .nomedia file. (cyanogen)
    * common: all battery and clock customizations now work on tablets
    * common: enabled the Notification Power Widget Enable on tablets (TDR)
    * common: improved scrolling chache for much smoother scrolling (pawitp)
    * common: zRam and Kernel samepage merging (cm – performance -> memory management)
    * common: option for always enabling battery percentage on the lock screen (whitehawkx)
    * common: improvements made to the lockscreen to work better on both phones and tablets (codenamedroid)
    * common: phone target is now replaced with browser when compiled for tablets
    * common: camera unlock target is now always accross from the unlock target to emulate the stock android lockscreen layout
    * common: Increase Zygote preload GC threshold to half the heapgrowthlimit for faster boot times (Vijay Dandiga)
    * common: fully configurable power menu (romanbb for screenshot and codenamedroid for reboot and airplainemode – Interface -> General)
    reboot and screenshot options disabled by default to be more in line with stock
    * common: made clock on big clock a tab bit smaller: looks nicer and works better on phones with smaller screens
    * common: Profiles – Quiet Hours – gives the ability to have certain sounds, vibrations, and notifications to mute a specific times (DvTonder)
    * common: fast torch – enable flash light from lockscreen by holding down on the power button while the screen is off (Zaphod-Beeblebrox – Interface -> Lockscreen)

This port includes:
    CNA 1.4.0 nightly(I9000)-02/26/2012, Thanks to Bubble-be
    Icy Glitch V14b5 Kernel, Thanks to sixstringsg
    KB5 modem, Thanks to scrizz
    GPS files compilation, Thanks to hurtz777
    Keylayout files, build.prop edits, updater-script edits

CNA 1.4.0 nightly (02/26): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/cna_1.4.0_nightly_02-26_vibrant.zip
    GAPPS 02/24/2012: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip

A full wipe Flash is recomended for the first install.

My installation method:
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Format /system
    Flash rom
    Flash GAPPS
    Wipe Dalvik
    Fix permissions
    reboot recovery
    reboot system, wait 10 min for Dalvik cache to build
    reboot system

Older ports
    CNA 1.4.0 nightly 02/23
    Rom: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/CNA_4.0.3_v1.4_2-24-2012_Vibrant.zip Kernel is Nelsons v12 b8 for ICS Passion
    GAPPS 02/15/2012: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip

DaxINFINITY ported the CodeNameAndroid rom from the Nexus S to the I9000. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1485734. 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 are ports of ports. GAPPS are included.
    Here's the flashable zip of CNA 1.3.2 ported to the Vibrant (includes gps fix also) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/CNA_4.0.3_1.3.2_Vibrant-signed.zip
    Here's the flashable zip of CNA 1.3.3 ( GPS works but it does not survive deep sleep) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/CNA_4.0.3-1.3.3-Vibrant-signed.zip
    No Wipe needed over CNA 1.3.2, full wipe is OK and probably recomended if you are using a kernel other than stock.

Do a backup, try it out.
    If you really think passion is for noobies then why did you try it in first place? And ICS Euphoria is coming out...wait for that monster.

Euphoria is passion with parts of AOKP ported into it. Of course he's patented Euphoria name is plastered all over it. Don't be confused its just another port. You passion cult kids need stop drinking the koolaid seriously.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
    @bob...am I tripping or did you include the bootanimation I shared on 133?
    Or did it stick after my no wipe update

I put it in. I love it. Thanks

Ver 1.3.3. Is really smooth for me.

The only thing I found is that the signal bars are full when you have service but nothing in between. So it shows either you have no service or full service but that's not a big deal.

I also have a no go on GPS. I need to find the right GPS files to insert.

edit: Flashed the Passion v9+gps kernel then then Passion b8 kernel on top of it rebooted and now gps locks.

edit: I put full rom up for download with gps fix in the OP.
    I'm surprise nobody has commented on this, this post has been in General for more than 2 weeks.

OP, you should follow the rules and post where it is appropriate.

are you out of your mind?