China Bought GT-i9500 with ZCUCMH1 Firmware
So I went to China and bought a GT-i9500 Octacore from Beijing Samsung store. Little did I know there were so many issues! No Google services and a wack of bloatware. Since I know a bit about Android phone and rooting, I tried to see if I could fix it.
The first thing I did was search XDA forum and honestly, no luck with any of my issues. I could root the phone fine but there wasn't any helpful posts to simplify the process, so for the benefit of people (who doen't have to sufer from a lack of sleep or mini heart attacks from soft bricking their phone), here is MY process:
1) Ensure KIES is installed and phone is on the I9500ZCUCMH1 firmware.
2) Root the phone using ODIN (any version, see other tutorials on using this...)
a. Flash this file to root the phone google this file: CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip
b. In ODIN, put this file in the PDA line, and boot in download mode (vol down+ pwr + home)
3) After this, flash the CWM recovery file here, using the same method as above (unzip and use the .md5 file)
4) Restart and load the file into the root folder of your phone, then flash (install) the following file through CWM install (Don't unzip the file)
YourZgappsXS-4.2.2-2013.05.15.zip - 12.57 MB google this and download it
5) Boot into Google, download Titanium B/U from google play store, then delete the asian bloatware.
PM me if you need further directions...
BTW, you cannot flash the firmware with China bought i9500, it will soft brick!
I cannot post any link because of forum rules...google and download the files: