[Q] ow detect if Desire S is s_off and backup system

Search This thread

TF85

Nov 24, 2011
STRASBOURG
Hello,
I've got a Desire S, how can I detect if it has a S-OFF or S-ON ?
How can I do a backup for my Desire S before any thing ?
Thank you

nenad_l

Feb 13, 2012
Beograd
In settings/power untick fast boot

turn your device off

hold vol down, click power

information you want will appear on screen (among other things)

Then you will be able to reboot device. You move trough the menu on vol up/down, and you select option with power button. DO NOT pull battery out, or some similar stunt. Navigate to "fastboot", click power, then in fastboot menu navigate to "power down", or "reboot" and click power button.

There is no need to perform backup before this because you make no changes to your device..

If you decide to root/install custom rom you have to do MUCH reading before doing so. Make sure to educate and be sure in what you are doing before trying ANYTHING with your device, because you can and will brick it if you don't.

And make sure to search before you post!

Reactions: TF85

TF85

Nov 24, 2011
STRASBOURG
Thank you for your helps,

The Revolutionary: S-OFF & Recovery Tool 0.4pre4, could work for Desire S with HBOOT-2.00.0002 ?

Last edited:

nenad_l

Feb 13, 2012
Beograd
No.

Revolutionary cannot be installed if hboot is 2.00.0002.

If you are determined to carry on with installing custom rom there are two options.

1) Downgrade hboot [guide] then s-off with revolutionary, and you are ready to go

or

2) unlock bootloader [guide], flash recovery and you are ready to go...

Both methods have their advantages, but i would recommend to go with first.

It is much more difficult, but you will be forced to learn much stuff that surely will come handy later on, and i have to say that some roms didn't work when i installed them via second method.

Read forum. I know it's overwhelming, but answers to all these questions are here.

Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you need to enter boot loader and the screen will show you

Simply google how to get boot loader desire s

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
    In settings/power untick fast boot

turn your device off

hold vol down, click power

information you want will appear on screen (among other things)

Then you will be able to reboot device. You move trough the menu on vol up/down, and you select option with power button. DO NOT pull battery out, or some similar stunt. Navigate to "fastboot", click power, then in fastboot menu navigate to "power down", or "reboot" and click power button.

There is no need to perform backup before this because you make no changes to your device..

If you decide to root/install custom rom you have to do MUCH reading before doing so. Make sure to educate and be sure in what you are doing before trying ANYTHING with your device, because you can and will brick it if you don't.

And make sure to search before you post!