[Q] PC won't find this messed up phone

Search This thread

krausebrause

Mar 18, 2013
Okay, so this is the status quo of my friends phone: HTC One M7 UL, S-On, HBOOT-1.55, TAMPERED, UNLOCKED
There is no OS instelled, I can only boot into recovery (while booting from the bootloader it starts Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.0.1, when I boot from the phone being off it opens ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6) or bootloader. The internal storage is wiped. My PC is not able to install the device driver software, so I cannot put any files on the phone via USB cable. Also it appears to not be rooted, as the recoveries ask me if I want to install SuperSU. But if I accept this, nothing changes and the next time I get the same question.
All in all almost erverything on this phone is deleted and I have no idea how to put a ROM back on it to flash. Can anyone help me fix this?

Update: Trying out the USB-OTG-cable I get the error "E: Can't mount /storage/usbdisk"

Last edited:

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
Okay, so this is the status quo of my friends phone: HTC One M7 UL, S-On, HBOOT-1.55, TAMPERED, UNLOCKED
There is no OS instelled, I can only boot into recovery (while booting from the bootloader it starts Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.0.1, when I boot from the phone being off it opens ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6) or bootloader. The internal storage is wiped. My PC is not able to install the device driver software, so I cannot put any files on the phone via USB cable. Also it appears to not be rooted, as the recoveries ask me if I want to install SuperSU. But if I accept this, nothing changes and the next time I get the same question.
All in all almost erverything on this phone is deleted and I have no idea how to put a ROM back on it to flash. Can anyone help me fix this?

What errors do you have when installing drivers (adb) on your PC?

Last edited:

krausebrause

Mar 18, 2013
What errors do you have when installing drivers (adb) on your PC? Without a PC the only option would be a usb OTG cable, you could hopefully install a 4.3 OS as the recovery isn't new enough for KitKat

oh i ment just the ordinary windows "error"
trying adb out right now, never heard of it before :eek:

Update: I don't get how to use adb. Could you maybe tell me what to do? I get the respose "List of attached devices" and thats it, doesn't find any.

Last edited: