[RECOVERY] TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) 2.2.0.1 [15-08-2012]

Search This thread

Uejji

Feb 1, 2009
Today I noticed that adb doesn't seem to be working, while it works just fine when using other recoveries like CWM.

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
Updated to 2.2.0
Sorry for the delay
Please check it out as I have no idea if it boots or not

Reactions: ayysir

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
It supports ext4,ext3 and yaffs2(probably more,but those are the most important)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tahahawa

tehSecret

Jul 28, 2012
Thanks OP, works great on my p-999 . Much better than cwm.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

sarim.ali

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
The one click flasher doesnt work for me. It fails while extracting, anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Figured it out, i was using 7-zip to extract, the built in windows 7 extractor worked like a charm.

Last edited:

tehSecret

Jul 28, 2012
likewise, I ran into the same problem. 7 zip kept saying something about compression methods.

Last edited:

cwaffles

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks for the release! Just a note, after flashing through the shell, I lost my stock firmware and had to reflash it. In addition, the version is 2.2.1, not 2.1.8, so you might want to update the thread title and description. Many thanks :D

tehSecret

Jul 28, 2012
I can't say that I tried recovering cwm backups with twrp...But What I did do was make a backup using cwm first , flashed twrp, checked to make sure all was well, then started making twrp backups. I have read that twrp does in fact recover cwm backups, but I didn't want to take any chances and just made the switch. Sure glad that I did.

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
I can't say that I tried recovering cwm backups with twrp...But What I did do was make a backup using cwm first , flashed twrp, checked to make sure all was well, then started making twrp backups. I have read that twrp does in fact recover cwm backups, but I didn't want to take any chances and just made the switch. Sure glad that I did.

Sigh. I have got a dozen backups. Until I get a decisive answer, I think I'll stay on cwm.

Sent from my LG-P999

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
I have a script to recover Cwm backups from anything, but I'm not at home..

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    I don't own any LG phone,so my support will be limited,I don't even know if this recovery boots
    If you want more informations and/or you want to donate,please go to this page
    Phone look:
    phonehome.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

INSTRUCTIONS:
    If you want to do it manually
    Download recovery.img and place it on root of your sdcard
    Make sure your phone is rooted
    Open a terminal(Terminal Emulator from market works perfectly)
    Type
    Code:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
    Reboot in recovery and enjoy

You can use also This oneclick flasher by mustangtim49

CHANGELOG:

• On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
    • Name new backups and rename existing backups
    • Rename files and folders in the file manager
    • Pseudo-terminal emulator
    • Support decrypting an encrypted data partition on Galaxy Nexus (enter password using keyboard)
    • Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
    • Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
    • Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
    • Improved zip install compatibility
    • Updated update-binary source code
    • Numerous small bug fixes and improvements

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it here,possibly with a recovery.log. It's very hard to keep up with multiple threads for multiple devices. Please search the issues list first. Your issue may have already been reported.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link
    If none answers there,please join #neopeek on Freenode.

DISCLAIMER:
    I don't own this phone,and I don't have a tester,I take no responsability for bricked devices,nuclear wars or such things
    I'm porting it just because this phone is similar to P990,and I've got TWRP working on it successifully

CREDITS:
    TeamWin for making the recovery
    TeamKang for the device tree
    E3D for the hosting
    Off hand, I don't know which partition. I know that we in a sense CAN run 2 recoveries, one on the true persistent partition and one on the "fake" rom manager recovery partition. I'm working on the one-click package right now.
    OK, I'm done with the one-click flasher, works great. OP, PM me if you want this in your op. Thanks!
    I took TGA_gunnman's one-click flasher and Modded it to flash this recovery. All instructions are the same as original, just select cwm5020 and this recovery will flash.
    DOWNLOAD:http://db.tt/nrxulELJ
    Link to newest:

http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/63

Edit: MTP issue not fixed. Site out of date? Also, this does NOT SUPPORT EXT4 FILE SYSTEMS.
    yeap i flashed using terminal and got twrp bootloop

the only gripe i have so far is that the recovery does not see folders and zip files on external sdcard nor its not mounting sdcard via twrp

EDIT: I made a nvflasher version based on Russ' NVFlash Recovery Flasher, all credit goes to rusty, it should work both for linux and windows (linux you have to make the .sh file Executable)

steps:
    1. Make sure you make a nandroid backup
    2. Extract contents in zip to a desired location
    3. Make sure you have apx drivers
    4. Run TWRP.bat as Admin
    5. Have sexy time

Click here for Download

I Had the same issue. Figured it out by going to mounts and use external SD then reflashed rom and gapps without wiping.

Mount using twrp recovery requires windows to install mtp drivers which we dont have

Sent via G2X-SINGH-UI