[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
I'm noticing the screen taking up more battery on M5 than previously. I keep it at lowest or near-to-lowest setting. Anybody else notice this?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

webslasher

Jul 4, 2011
Malang
can i just change the config.xml and the power manager service manually ? maybe using using some text editor with adb pull / push ? i just flashed milestone 5 this morning and redownloading milestone 5.1.1 its kinda hard work since my bandwidth is limited in other hand really need the keyboard backlight to turn off correctly

Lueoldgregg

Mar 11, 2012
You really need to learn to search. All the questions you ask have been answered and are easily found by doing a search or a few searches. I realize you are probably new to this, but that is no excuse not to do the work yourself and learn as you go. search in the nyan thread for voodoo, gamma, etc... and you will find your answer.

I did search in nyan for voodoo and all I found were settings to change my color too...which I did, but I still get the flicker issue. I will continue to search.

Honestly I don't see why everyone flips their **** when someone asks a technical question considering the ROM, but when someone posts a useless post that has nothing to do with the topic...everyone is okay with that.

I've been a forum user for a long time and usually its the opposite...
You know, post a question or something related to the topic in hope for a solution..

Or get flamed for posting a bump post or off topic post.

Maybe its backwards here. I know to search before posting... although all I can use is the xda app for my browsing because I'm not able to use my lapslap at the moment. So searching is a little more tedious.

Anyway, I will continue to look but if anyone comes up with the solution before I find and resolve, please be kind enough to post it.

If you have nothing useful to say, don't bother quoting and responding to my post, unless you are the Topic Author. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Ahem....
Good...we are all breathing?
Thanks
FNM

Btw flicker means your colors are set too high.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
I'm noticing the screen taking up more battery on M5 than previously. I keep it at lowest or near-to-lowest setting. Anybody else notice this?

Its probably because you are so used to the issues you get from bad downloads, flashes, and poor sdcards. Screen is almost always the highest if you use your phone much. Amoled screens take a lot of power.

seoulseek80

Jan 21, 2011
Ok I just seen this milestone update. I can just flash 5.2 coming right from build 34 instead of 5.0 then 5.1 and 5.2 correct? great job guys

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Ahem....
Good...we are all breathing?
Thanks
FNM

Btw flicker means your colors are set too high.

What does the FNM mean in your posts as of recent?
Ehhrr, sorry for the Off Topic post, just wondering lol.

To salvage this post...ICS 4ever! Nyandroid's RULE!

Overkill? Yeah, I thought so...lol

~E.R.A.

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
Just click the things that says 5.2 it is a direct link from marcusant and is very fast. Thanks marcus!

Lueoldgregg

Mar 11, 2012
Sorry for the back to back updates!
I am on a roll.
See post 2 for the information on the updates.
If the issue you are looking for is included, then flash.
Flashing over top /should/ be okay.

Good job dev. This is great how devoted you are. Whatever is your inspiration, hold on to it. I hate it when devs put out so much and then fall off. If there is anything the users can do to help, please bring it to our attention (other than reporting bugs).

Lueoldgregg

Mar 11, 2012
Sorry for double posting but one more question, supercharger is useless with this ROM, correct? I'm just trying to get this straight before I wipe and move from b34 to 5.2.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
What does the FNM mean in your posts as of recent?
Ehhrr, sorry for the Off Topic post, just wondering lol.

To salvage this post...ICS 4ever! Nyandroid's RULE!

Overkill? Yeah, I thought so...lol

~E.R.A.

Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Oh...and GO AOKP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP(4.2.2) For the Samsung Epic 4g

Epic AOKP Presents!

cm9-promo-1+%281%29.png

For newest release, check here: Link

[OLD]AOKP Build 4 for Epic 4G now available!

Follow the Epic AOKP team for the most up-to-date news, changes, or releases for the AOKP Rom:
    Epic 4G AOKP: [Google+][Facebook][Blogspot]

Links:
    News
    Features/Screenshots
    Progress/Change Logs
    Install Guide/Downloads
    Notes...

We have moved to a more organized way of giving you information!
    As you can notice, there is now an issue tracker. (helps me sort issues)
    All the information that was in these two posts are now at our blogspot: here.
    Alias can always fix that up for us though , I'm sure ... ;)

If I get some time tonight, we will go for another build.
    Also, I put my app in tonight to be a device maintainer.

Thank you for the update notice.

LTE data toggle should be WiMax instead since the Epic doesn't even have an LTE radio...

Also what's up with b34?

If I didn't know this already, I shouldn't be compiling a ROM for you all.
    And since you want to be rude and tell people about taking pills... have yourself a chill pill :)
    #noanger

New build, in case no one knew o_O
    http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-34-r19

P.S. Why aren't we officially supported?! ):

As mentioned, its going through some proper channels.
    There are some pieces of code I edit manually that enables ours and disables others.
    I have to figure out a way to make both happy before we can be joyously supported.

Annnnddd further more. There are a few of you that appear to feel you are entitled to the work I do.
    Maybe a reminder is needed... I don't get paid for this. This is not my job.
    I have a life, which you are merely included in because you click the download button on the work I've shared.
    You are not entitled to it, its a privilege.
    If I had the choice to take that privilege away, some of you would no longer have it.
    Be grateful for what life and people give to you, it all can be taken away.