Is Google Drive on Android viable for normal file transfers?

Search This thread

kebles

Dec 30, 2013
Plymouth, MI
I use the Windows version of Google Drive to push whatever miscellaneous files I need to throughout my systems. I can't tell, but on Android it doesn't seem to have a basic file sync on the actual phone's storage. I can go from the Drive app and make it open the files through apps on the phone but they seem to be stored deep in the Drive app's storage directory, almost like a temp dir.

Is it viable to use Drive to push like, zips and apks and whatnot? Am I missing something straightforward?

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

2girlzdad

Jan 23, 2014
I haven't used Drive in a while now, but I had used it in the past to side load apps from my PC to our Nabi2 tablets before I installed the Google Play store on the tablets. The process from what I recall was pretty straight forward and I don't remember there being any issues pushing APKs to the tablets using the Windows version of Drive.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
I use the Windows version of Google Drive to push whatever miscellaneous files I need to throughout my systems. I can't tell, but on Android it doesn't seem to have a basic file sync on the actual phone's storage. I can go from the Drive app and make it open the files through apps on the phone but they seem to be stored deep in the Drive app's storage directory, almost like a temp dir.

Is it viable to use Drive to push like, zips and apks and whatnot? Am I missing something straightforward?

You are right, google drive app in android is basically an app to push our files into google drive directories. When we open the Drive app it shows the files uploaded in our drive cloud storage. This will not be downloaded anywhere in d device(but it may cache some jpgs). But there is a possibility in the app that you can download it into your device storage, by clicking download. This happens as the same way if we download a file from web.
This wont work as a sync in PC, with this u can upload, download and share.

Reactions: James Colvap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You are right, google drive app in android is basically an app to push our files into google drive directories. When we open the Drive app it shows the files uploaded in our drive cloud storage. This will not be downloaded anywhere in d device(but it may cache some jpgs). But there is a possibility in the app that you can download it into your device storage, by clicking download. This happens as the same way if we download a file from web.
    This wont work as a sync in PC, with this u can upload, download and share.