[Q] Nexus 7 2012 not updating after flash

Search This thread

seanwayne1

Aug 16, 2014
Hello all,

I am fairly new to rooting so please bare with me, I'll keep this short since I know I screwed up big time. I have a Nexus 7 2012 running 4.2.1, I rooted it no problem. My issue is that I had the cyanogen mod rom and the gapps that I wanted to flash but couldn't flash the cyanogen, so I flashed the gapps. Needless to say..now google doesn't work (youtube, gmail, etc.). Tried to restore, but it keeps doing the same thing and it won't update at all. Still running the stock recovery and just wanted to know how to fix this problem so that I can eventually get on android 4.4.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

norwoodesteel

Aug 13, 2011
Hello all,

I am fairly new to rooting so please bare with me, I'll keep this short since I know I screwed up big time. I have a Nexus 7 2012 running 4.2.1, I rooted it no problem. My issue is that I had the cyanogen mod rom and the gapps that I wanted to flash but couldn't flash the cyanogen, so I flashed the gapps. Needless to say..now google doesn't work (youtube, gmail, etc.). Tried to restore, but it keeps doing the same thing and it won't update at all. Still running the stock recovery and just wanted to know how to fix this problem so that I can eventually get on android 4.4.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

go to stock recovery and do a factory reset and read alot more before you do anything else

seanwayne1

Aug 16, 2014
Didn't Work

go to stock recovery and do a factory reset and read alot more before you do anything else

Thanks for the advice, but I tried that and once it comes back up I still get the "Unfortunately, Gmail, Youtube, Google Play Music, & Text-to-Speech has stopped." Should I try to manually update to 4.3, I read that I can't get to 4.4 without being on the earlier version.