[APP][2.3+] FTPDroid (2.1.0) - Pure-FTPd ported to Android

Search This thread

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Unfortunately i cant use the pro version on my Nvidia Shield TV, the unlocker app doesn't support it...

Hi @berserker_devel,

long time user of paid FTPDroid here.

I am wondering whether you plan any more updates to the app in future?
Last update is (at least on play store) from end of 2015.

Usually the app works quite well, however on an Android TV box I have trouble with the autostart. And I would like to help troubleshoot and fix that if possible.

Many thanks
Andi

Voyager0611

May 22, 2012
Excellent FTP sever app for nougat devices

May of 2017

I have a couple android devices, a kenzo (xiaomi redmi note 3 pro) and klimtlte (Samsung Galaxy tab s). Both have got nougat 7.1.2 (lineage os).

On previous android (marshmallow 6.0.xxx) almost all ftp server apps work ok, full access to any storages attached (root access, internal storage, ext SD card, usb flash drive, external hdd) no problem.

With nougat, i only found two ftp server apps that really work (this FTPDroid and another one) . Before i found these two apps, it was extremely frustrating to have a system like in the marshmallow days.. , i almost revert back to MM . No ftp server app with root access, some of them only give access to internal storage, or only external sd card, none of them gives access to usb storage device.
ftp server is very important to me, with external hdd, it's kinda like having a wireless hdd, very convenient setup.

Between those two ftp server apps, this one - FTPDroid - is really the better one, easier setup, somehow faster accessing folders and files, down to root..
Probably because this is a newer one (last update August 2015), better suited to newer Android version. It works perfectly on both of my android devices.

Anyway, thank you very much dev, for this awesome ftp server app..

sharnish

May 4, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Hi, I've just updated my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the last firmware, and FTPDroid stopped working, it can't start the server. In the log, it says:
Unable to start a standalone server: [Invalid argument].

Same problem with same phone, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Any help would be appreciated.

Mr Wolf did you find a solution? (Has been 10 months since your post but no replies.) Thank you.

Last edited:

schand99

May 11, 2011
Kiens
fail on Samsung XCover4

FTPdroid will not start stanalone Server on Samsung XCover4. It say's "unable to start standalone Server: [invalid Argument]. The device is on Android 7.0.
Any Idea how can I fix that Problem?

schand99

May 11, 2011
Kiens
File download fail

FTPDroid isn't working well.
Main problem is that the download of files from FTPDroid running on smartphone, frequently results in partial downloaded files only. And it is strange, that the download fails always on the same byte of file.
Testet on Galaxy S7, Lg G6, Xiaomi Mi5s with filezilla. For downloading I have used filezilla and a self-writen Software (Lazarus & Synapse and/or Delphi 10.1 and Indy 10).
Similar FTP Server Software for Android Smartphones are working fine (Wifi FTP Server, FTPServer...), but on this FTPServers ist is'nt possible to activate some options

Mr Wolf

Aug 1, 2011
Hi, I installed FTPDroid on my Galaxy S7 edge with Nougat (and on other phones) and it works well. To transfer files from and to the phone I use FireFTP, an addon for Firefox. Maybe, you can give it a try.

LockClock

Sep 24, 2014
I solved the problem. It is necessary to disable the option "Chroot everyone" and in the "manages user" manually turn on the chroot.

misakitchi

Sep 3, 2016
Hello!
Thanks for this very good app! :)
I have a folder in my android with more than 18000 files... but i can only see 10000 in Filezilla! :(
Please help! :)

quicktrick

Sep 9, 2011
@berserker_devel, could you please upgrade your great app for Android 10? As for now. FTPDroid is the only FTP server working on Android 10. But when installing it, the system says it's built for an old Android version, and while working the app's screen is dimmed. But everything seems to be working fine, though the dimmed screen is very inconvenient.

Solace50

Jul 17, 2011
@beserker_devel

Where can we bind Passive IP address? we have passive IP port range but I do not see where to bind Passive IP, or do you input the IP separated by a comma under bind IP?

lbt

Jan 20, 2009
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
It looks like all of berserker_devel's apps, including ftpdroid, have been removed from Google Play

I'm not asking for APKs, I still have backup, just for information

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FTPDroid is an FTP server for Android that will let you to manage files and folders on your device without the USB cable.
    Why FTPDroid is the best FTP server for Android? Because it's not YAFS (Yet Another FTP Server) since is a native port to Android of best FTP server around: Pure-FTPd

The benefits of using this application are:
    • Transfer files and folders to/from any computer and your device without the need of the USB cable.
    • No need anymore to mount/unmount the SD card.
    • Easily share files with other devices (Android or anything else, see the FAQs)
    • Keep the USB port of your device safe.

image.png
    image.png

image.png
    image.png

Features
    • Anonymous access
    • Configurable users
    • Restrict access to specific folders
    • Active and passive mode
    • Multiple files transfers
    • UTF-8 support
    • Root support to allow binding on standard FTP port 21 (please note that root is supported but NOT required)
    • SSL/TLS support (pro)
    • App widget (pro)
    FAQs
    • q: How can I share files with another device?
      a: Look for an FTP client (every system like Android, iOS and Windows Phone has its own).
    • q: Why my transfer speed decrease when I turn off the screen?
      a: Enable the option 'Lock Wifi'. If your device is running at least Android 2.3.x, you should get full speed transfer even when the screen is off, otherwise enable the option 'Lock screen' too.
    • q: How can I disable anonymous access?
      a: Please follow the instructions in the help (open the menu from the main page of the application).
    • q: How can I automate the application start/stop?
      a: Use the following broadcast intents:
      • START: berserker.android.apps.ftpdroid.command.START
      • STOP: berserker.android.apps.ftpdroid.command.STOP
    FTPDroid on Google Play

Changelog 2.1.0
    • Optimized layout for tablets
    • Fixed a problem with in-app purchase restore
    • Google Play Services updated
    • Minor UI changes
    Changelog 2.0.3
    • fixed file overwrite issue
    Changelog 2.0.2
    • minor changes
    Changelog 2.0.1
    • complete UI rewrite!
    • sperimental x86/mips support
    • armeabi-v7a performance improvement
    • AdChecker removed
    • android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission added
    • new option to enable/disable an ftp user
    • new option "autostart service"
    • new option "enable root"
    • new option "anonymous can read dotfiles"
    • new option "resolve hostname"
    • better home folder selection
    • no more adchecker (pro version has more features)
    • SSL/TLS support (pro version)
    • WiFi white list (pro version)
    • Transfers page (pro version)
    • Widget support (pro version)
    Changelog 1.2.0
    • ICS compatibility fixes
    • Active connections are now closed correctly once the service is stopped
    • Translations updated
    Changelog 1.1.0
    • Bandwidth (download/upload) can now be limited
    • The main application icon can now be long pressed to toggle the FTP service (short press is supported too)
    • Notification icon can be disabled
    • New translations: chinese, croatian, french, germanm italian, polish, russian and ukrainian
    • AdMob SDK update (free version only)
    • AdChecker now allows to revert the hosts file (free version only)
    welg.png
    If you want to become a beta tester of this app please follow these steps:
    Support this project
    If you want to translate FTPDroid into a new language:
    • download the attached file (translate.zip)
    • edit the xml inside the zip (strings.xml) in this way:

Original line:
      <string name="ftp_user_invalid_password">Invalid password</string>
      Translated line:
      <string name="ftp_user_invalid_password">My translation of Invalid password</string>
      Please do not translate anything inside the "name" attribute:
      <string name="do not translate this">
      But only:
      <string name="my_key">Please translate only this part</string>
    • Attach in this topic a modified version of the file or send me a pm with the download link (please remember to indicate the new language!)

I'll be glad for every contribution :)

Available translations:
    Troubleshooting Help

I recently got the update to lollipop on my htc one m8, and the app stopped working. It wasn't auto starting, and when I pressed start the text on screen would flash quickly, and the status would never change from stopped. I uninstalled the ftpdroid app, and re-installed and now the app says the server is running, but I'm not able to connect with a client. I've tried windows, my backup client (syncback), and filezilla. None appear to get any response from my phone and ftpdroid never shows anything in the log. I have the unlocked pro version of ftpdroid, and have signed up to the beta channel but still no luck. Any ideas to help troubleshoot? I am not rooted. Is this a known issue? The new OS has only been available for a couple weeks on the HTC.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I recently got the update to lollipop on my htc one m8, and the app stopped working. It wasn't auto starting, and when I pressed start the text on screen would flash quickly, and the status would never change from stopped. I uninstalled the ftpdroid app, and re-installed and now the app says the server is running, but I'm not able to connect with a client. I've tried windows, my backup client (syncback), and filezilla. None appear to get any response from my phone and ftpdroid never shows anything in the log. I have the unlocked pro version of ftpdroid, and have signed up to the beta channel but still no luck. Any ideas to help troubleshoot? I am not rooted. Is this a known issue? The new OS has only been available for a couple weeks on the HTC.
    SCRATCH THAT! After seeing reviews from people with my same device on the app that seem to have no problems. I uninstalled the app, and the unlocker app. Reinstalled both apps, rebooted phone, and it's working now! Anyone having issues after a lollipop upgrade should do the same.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I have the paid version and I am unable to write to the external card. The "Enable Root" option is disabled.

How can I enable the option to allow root access and/or get write access to the external card?

Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0

Kevin

Write access to the SD card has been an OS limitation up until Lollipop. The "enable root (if available)" option is disabled for me too, but my phone is not rooted, so that is expected. Is your phone rooted? If you have the paid version and your phone is rooted, than you may actually have a valid problem, but it appears to me that you need a rooted phone to be able to use the enable root option. Hopefully the developer will integrate the SD card write access features made available in Lollipop soon so even those of us without root access will be able to write to our SD cards via FTP server again. I'm assuming you have a special requirement for the FTP functionality, but if you're just trying to copy a file to your phone via wifi, write access to SD is integrated into ES file explorer already, and you can copy from an ftp server or other network location to your SD card manually in the meantime.
    Best FTP-server app. :) I can help with translation into Russian and Ukrainian.
    Hi, thanks for your help ;)
    I modified the second post with the instructions for making a new translation, if you have any question write me a pm.
    Thanks again ! ;)
    Installed the server, launched it says "ready" with ip address, but inserting this address in any ftp client it isn't reachable. It's limited to wifi? i'm in 3G.
    Hi, it's not "limited" to WiFi but on 3G is carrier dipendent...does it work on WiFi?