Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

Bxsteez

Jun 9, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If I've been following this thread correctly. The Droid 4 can work on at&t when running GB but it will NOT work on the ICS (CM9/AOKP) builds?

liongood9

Nov 23, 2008
works for att but not for Tmobile postpaid

I tried the radiocomm hack however it only worked for ATT not Tmobile postpaid. I even got new Tmobile USA simcard

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I'm picking up a Droid X to tinker with will the T-Mobile/At&t hack work for me?

hugostudio

May 4, 2012
Can't access Mobile networks after hack?

First, thank you for this post (I'm new at all this posting so please excuse me if I'm doing something wrong) I followed your instructions and it worked. I'm in Mexico and can now use my Bionic with Usacel, Unifon, Movistar or Telcel but everytime I go into Settings>Wirless & Network>Mobile networks I get this message The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly please try again. I can not go into the mobile network window to click on use packet data so that I can use 3g or 4g. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

alexncc

May 9, 2012
First, thank you for this post (I'm new at all this posting so please excuse me if I'm doing something wrong) I followed your instructions and it worked. I'm in Mexico and can now use my Bionic with Usacel, Unifon, Movistar or Telcel but everytime I go into Settings>Wirless & Network>Mobile networks I get this message The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly please try again. I can not go into the mobile network window to click on use packet data so that I can use 3g or 4g. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you
i have same problem, i try to flash stock and gymmy 4.

thanks, but i do it before, and i stiil have not acess to "mobile networks"((

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
Everyone gets that error in mobile networks. Try dialing *#*#4636#*#* under "phone information" make sure your "preferred network" is set to "wcdma preferred". Also if you hit menu while in that same screen there is an option to "enable data" don't know if that will help but it might. I wouldn't mess with any other options in that menu.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Get AnyCut from the Play Store and you can set shortcuts to all of the hidden menus on the phone instead of using key codes. Its much easier and there are a large number of useful low level radio configuration menus. If you set one to Testing it has several including Phone Information that has the band preferences.

I still have not gotten this to work on the D4 or Razr with US GSM carriers, and I suspect there is a different form of lockout in effect on these devices that is not on the Bionic.

hugostudio

May 4, 2012
I've tried the enable network setting in phone info but no luck. Also, it keeps reverting back to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) after reboot and I have to keep going back to phone info and setting it back to WCDMA preferred, I'm using the Bionic in Mexico UNEFON SIM card. Everytime I try to go into Mobile network settings it craches and reverts back to GSM/CDMA auto, and I believe that setting does not let me receive calls but I can call out. I'm on Sv 5.9.902, does that have anything to do with it reverting back to GSM/CDMA. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if I can get some other advise on how I can trouble shoot my Mobile network issues. Thanks

Ed27

Jan 8, 2007
Matagalpa
Get AnyCut from the Play Store and you can set shortcuts to all of the hidden menus on the phone instead of using key codes. Its much easier and there are a large number of useful low level radio configuration menus. If you set one to Testing it has several including Phone Information that has the band preferences.

I still have not gotten this to work on the D4 or Razr with US GSM carriers, and I suspect there is a different form of lockout in effect on these devices that is not on the Bionic.

Hi I wonder if the hack works on the motorola droid razr maxx for use in GSM networks? a friend of mine sell me a bad esn razr maxx for $150, Im in Nicaragua and I want it to use with Claro.

sorry for my bad english
Thanks

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I would say your chances are good for getting it to work on a non US carrier and $150 is an excellent price to have some fun finding out!

Thus far it seems easier to get them working on non US carriers than ATT or T Mobile US.

Ed27

Jan 8, 2007
Matagalpa
I would say your chances are good for getting it to work on a non US carrier and $150 is an excellent price to have some fun finding out!

Thus far it seems easier to get them working on non US carriers than ATT or T Mobile US.

Thanks for answering my question.

Is there a zip files for performing the NV edit required For the Droid Razr without the need for RadioComm?

only found for bionic and D4 the zip files for performing the edit NV not for Razr.

Thanks

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The D4 files work on Razr too, but I made a set with the Razr binary as well, just haven't posted them yet because I have been concentrating on D4.

I will post them in the Razr section. The thread there is very rambling and poorly titled because it is not, in fact, working yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this done - no gsm data yet

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
    1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
    ----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
    1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
    This post shows the directions in pictures.

directions.jpg
    Bionic GSM Band Config update.zip

Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!
    I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.