HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
Again, no need to spin this, just post the facts.

Evo 3D CDMA Android Development forum: 20 threads with posts today.
EVO 4G LTE Original Android Development forum: 6 threads with posts today.
EVO 4G LTE Android Development forum: 7 threads with posts today.
Sprint Galaxy S III Original Android Development forum: 3 threads with posts today.
Sprint Galaxy S III Android Development forum: 12 threads with posts today.

So, as you can see, the Evo LTE is the least active. Even the Evo 3D has more activity in the dev forum. Not sure why you bumped this thread and called me out if you had the facts before hand.

You're judging development activity based off of how many posts are made in each forum?

HAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: roids87 and Rxpert

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011

Sprint Galaxy S III Original Android Development forum: 3 threads with posts today.

So, as you can see, the Evo LTE is the least active. Even the Evo 3D has more activity in the dev forum. Not sure why you bumped this thread and called me out if you had the facts before hand.

While your facts may indeed be true, they dont describe what you are trying to use them to describe... "Evidence" thrown out

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
You're judging development activity based off of how many posts are made in each forum?

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, of course. If you're not judging activity by the actual activity in the forums, then what are you suggesting we use to judge it?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

While your facts may indeed be true, they dont describe what you are trying to use them to describe... "Evidence" thrown out

Of course they do. Unless you have a better way to measure activity in the development forums besides the number of posts?

mthii

Jul 4, 2010
California

All of the effort you made to put together this list of "facts" probably seemed worthwhile in your head, but I don't think you really made anybody do a 180 or anything. Just saying, next time just let it go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
All of the effort you made to put together this list of "facts" probably seemed worthwhile in your head, but I don't think you really made anybody do a 180 or anything. Just saying, next time just let it go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I didn't try to make anyone do a 180. Someone else bumped this thread, not me. Someone bumped this thread specifically to call me out and say I was wrong and this device has way more development activity than other devices, etc. So I merely posted the facts.

I don't care if you prefer this device, dev on this device, or anything else. I merely set the record straight when someone else bumped a thread calling me out, when the facts indicate that he should have probably left this one at rest.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
I didn't try to make anyone do a 180. Someone else bumped this thread, not me. Someone bumped this thread specifically to call me out and say I was wrong and this device has way more development activity than other devices, etc. So I merely posted the facts.

I don't care if you prefer this device, dev on this device, or anything else. I merely set the record straight when someone else bumped a thread calling me out, when the facts indicate that he should have probably left this one at rest.

whoa not who is spinning what now?....never said this had more development....just that it was seeing wayyy more than your predictions were giving early on....if were only a thread or 2 shy of your daily post in dev section criteria compared to the SGS3 then ill take that....esp with the crop of dev's we have here...

before this release you acted all doom and gloom on this device and the development for it. thats a fact that everyone will back up...So yes I was setting the record straight to show that its never ever a good idea to start predicting doom and gloom for devices that have a following to start before it even releases...that and your whole bootloader locked up tight was wrong too...unlocked fairly quickly yet again....(yes its relocked now but point is that at first onset of the device it wasn't long which is what happens with every htc device here)

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
whoa not who is spinning what now?....never said this had more development....just that it was seeing wayyy more than your predictions were giving early on....if were only a thread or 2 shy of your daily post in dev section criteria compared to the SGS3 then ill take that....esp with the crop of dev's we have here...

before this release you acted all doom and gloom on this device and the development for it. thats a fact that everyone will back up...So yes I was setting the record straight to show that its never ever a good idea to start predicting doom and gloom for devices that have a following to start before it even releases...that and your whole bootloader locked up tight was wrong too...unlocked fairly quickly yet again....(yes its relocked now but point is that at first onset of the device it wasn't long which is what happens with every htc device here)

Hey if you're happy with your device, good for you, that's all that really matters in the end.

But if you're going to bump an old thread specifically to say "you were wrong, there is lots of development on this device" then that is another matter.

I will simply point out that the Evo 3D, a device that is pretty much dead, discontinued by Sprint a while ago. And this Evo 3D was generally said to have poor dev support (with "reasons" or "theories" ranging from locked bootloader, HTC not releasing source in a timely manner, and 3D and/or Wimax being difficult to dev for), but this Evo 3D currently has almost twice the activity in the dev forum as the Evo LTE.

And before anyone takes this out of context, let me just say this is no knock against the devs. I know they work very hard, and I know they work for free. I am simply pointing out that this Evo LTE doesn't have anywhere near as much dev support as previous HTC devices, and not as much dev support as even current Samsung device. And the only reason I am even pointing that out is because someone bumped an old thread specifically to call me out on my prediction that this device wouldn't have much dev support.

So, again, context is everything. The discontinued Evo 3D, which was said to have poor dev support back when it was the flagship phone, currently has almost twice as many active threads in the dev section as this Evo LTE.

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
"Yes, of course. If you're not judging activity by the actual activity in the forums, then what are you suggesting we use to judge it?"

Except when you're talking about development activity and forum activity they're almost completely separate from each other. If every single post in those forums was made for the sake of development, then your argument would hold water, but since the posts in those sections are 90% normal users asking questions, what you're saying holds no ground.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
"Yes, of course. If you're not judging activity by the actual activity in the forums, then what are you suggesting we use to judge it?"

Except when you're talking about development activity and forum activity they're almost completely separate from each other. If every single post in those forums was made for the sake of development, then your argument would hold water, but since the posts in those sections are 90% normal users asking questions, what you're saying holds no ground.
Not true. I wasn't counting total posts, I was counting active threads. An active thread in the dev forum is a pretty good indicator of dev activity.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
It's a decent indicator but in no way does it mean that threads that aren't posted in every day don't have active development going on.

So should I count the total number of threads in each forum then, regardless of when the last post was? That would actually even further my point as the Evo 3D will surely have way more than the Evo LTE.

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
So should I count the total number of threads in each forum then, regardless of when the last post was? That would actually even further my point as the Evo 3D will surely have way more than the Evo LTE.

Again, your logic is very flawed. You can't quantify active development just by counting posts or threads. Not everyone shares their work on XDA, and a lot of the more cutting edge development, like CM10, is discussed mainly on IRC. XDA isn't the only medium for development, so you can't just count posts and call it a day.

Reactions: bootny and ckoadiyn

fachadick

Jul 3, 2010
Northern NJ
fachadick.wordpress.com
Over the past 2 days (today and yesterday) evo lte dev has had 25 threads updated, s3 dev has 24. So I guess the Evo lte has more development then the s3? Boy, I feel sorry for all those losers who picked up the s3 thinking their phone would attract any development. It's like a ghost town over there.

this argument is silly.

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
Again, your logic is very flawed. You can't quantify active development just by counting posts or threads. Not everyone shares their work on XDA, and a lot of the more cutting edge development, like CM10, is discussed mainly on IRC. XDA isn't the only medium for development, so you can't just count posts and call it a day.
Well we're on XDA so that is what I assume we're talking about. If someone is "bragging" about the development of this phone, and they are posting it up on xda, I have to assume they are talking about development on xda unless they state otherwise.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Over the past 2 days (today and yesterday) evo lte dev has had 25 threads updated, s3 dev has 24. So I guess the Evo lte has more development then the s3? Boy, I feel sorry for all those losers who picked up the s3 thinking their phone would attract any development. It's like a ghost town over there.

this argument is silly.
What is silly is making crap up, lol. I just went through and counted the total threads with posts today and yesterday. The numbers were as follows..
Evo LTE Original Android: 10
Evo LTE Android Development: 12
SGS3 Original Android: 5
SGS3 Android Development: 19

So even doing it that way, the Evo LTE has less.

And, again, I was not the one who came in here boasting about the levels of development activity on either phone. Someone bumped an old thread specifically to call me out while they boasted about the level of development activity on the Evo LTE. All I did was respond by posting the facts about how that level of development activity compared to other phones.

And I should also point out that he specifically mentioned the Evo 3D in his post, which has had 26 different threads in the dev section get posted in since yesterday.

sullivan7221

Oct 11, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Holy sh*t!! Who cares!? This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen!! No one has a clue which device will get the greatest amount of development, pre release or post release! It's all guessing, it's all non-factual. Frankly, who the hell knows what it'll look like tomorrow!? I dont, and neither does anyone else. Maybe today the gs3 devs are attending to there normal lives and can't release anything and the EVO LTE forum updates put a major woopin on every active devices thread. Maybe tomorrow everyone's quiet and the HTC Hero gets 780 threads updated!!! Not to mention, any one of the gs3 folk could swap there phone out for a different device today or tomorrow.... Or for that matter, how many actually might have multiple devices including the 2 in question!? Who really gives a flying f*** about the number of threads updated in a day.

Get over it guys, for real. What a BS debate!! I almost feel dumber for trying to squash it. Lol

Someone please just close this thread!!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: ckoadiyn and Emerl

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
Holy sh*t!! Who cares!? This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen!! No one has a clue which device will get the greatest amount of development, pre release or post release! It's all guessing, it's all non-factual. Frankly, who the hell knows what it'll look like tomorrow!? I dont, and neither does anyone else. Maybe today the gs3 devs are attending to there normal lives and can't release anything and the EVO LTE forum updates put a major woopin on every active devices thread. Maybe tomorrow everyone's quiet and the HTC Hero gets 780 threads updated!!! Not to mention, any one of the gs3 folk could swap there phone out for a different device today or tomorrow.... Or for that matter, how many actually might have multiple devices including the 2 in question!? Who really gives a flying f*** about the number of threads updated in a day.

Get over it guys, for real. What a BS debate!! I almost feel dumber for trying to squash it. Lol

Someone please just close this thread!!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Please explain to me how the heck your post even relates to me? lol

Again, I was not the one who bumped this old thread boasting about the amount of dev support this device currently receives.

If someone was going to bump an old thread and boast about the amount of dev support this device receives, you'd think they'd have some pretty solid facts on their side of the argument. But in this case, the facts are solidly against him.

You may or may not think the facts supporting my defense are great, but at least there are some facts. There haven't been any facts whatsoever posted on the other side of this "debate" or whatever you want to call it.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Well we're on XDA so that is what I assume we're talking about. If someone is "bragging" about the development of this phone, and they are posting it up on xda, I have to assume they are talking about development on xda unless they state otherwise.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

What is silly is making crap up, lol. I just went through and counted the total threads with posts today and yesterday. The numbers were as follows..
Evo LTE Original Android: 10
Evo LTE Android Development: 12
SGS3 Original Android: 5
SGS3 Android Development: 19

So even doing it that way, the Evo LTE has less.

And, again, I was not the one who came in here boasting about the levels of development activity on either phone. Someone bumped an old thread specifically to call me out while they boasted about the level of development activity on the Evo LTE. All I did was respond by posting the facts about how that level of development activity compared to other phones.

And I should also point out that he specifically mentioned the Evo 3D in his post, which has had 26 different threads in the dev section get posted in since yesterday.

Look till you take a step back and rethink this from an unbiased opinion you will never understand....

I bumped this thread up to bring it back up. no need to beat around it over and over in EVERY post you put in here.

fact is that you blasted over and over again how the development was going to be poor here for this device wayyyy before it was released, citing things like the locked bootloader as reasons why it would be such, and doubting we'd get unlock shortly after release b/c of the state of the 3D's...which we did anyway btw...

fact is you claim this to be "less" development based on having 1-3 less active threads....sorry if we all give a crap if we are less by a couple threads....thats still vastly more than the picture you painted it would be like before it launched...
Again the argument wasn't that the LTE would have MORE/Less development than another device, BUT that you said the development would be flat out weak to none here, and its clear the development isn't weak here...regardless if its less than the SGS3, its far from weak....so stop pitting it against other devices when thats not even the point of the argument to begin with.

like I said earlier. The point of it was to show people you never ever doubt a device before its released and put through the paces....

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
Look till you take a step back and rethink this from an unbiased opinion you will never understand....

I bumped this thread up to bring it back up. no need to beat around it over and over in EVERY post you put in here.

fact is that you blasted over and over again how the development was going to be poor here for this device wayyyy before it was released, citing things like the locked bootloader as reasons why it would be such, and doubting we'd get unlock shortly after release b/c of the state of the 3D's...which we did anyway btw...

fact is you claim this to be "less" development based on having 1-3 less active threads....sorry if we all give a crap if we are less by a couple threads....thats still vastly more than the picture you painted it would be like before it launched...
Again the argument wasn't that the LTE would have MORE/Less development than another device, BUT that you said the development would be flat out weak to none here, and its clear the development isn't weak here...regardless if its less than the SGS3, its far from weak....so stop pitting it against other devices when thats not even the point of the argument to begin with.

like I said earlier. The point of it was to show people you never ever doubt a device before its released and put through the paces....
Well, like I said, keep it in context.

Is development totally dead and non existent on this device? Of course not. And you may be happy with it. That's fine.

BUT, like I said, the Evo 3D has almost twice as many threads in the dev section posted in today. And the Evo 3D is a discontinued device that was considered to have weak dev support even back when it was the flagship HTC device on Sprint.

So, when I said this Evo LTE would have low dev support, you have to consider the context in which it was said. That was at the peak of the Evo 3D's lifespan. It (the 3D) had way more dev support than it (the 3D) does right now. And even so, lots of people were saying they'd never buy another 3D phone, or another Wimax phone, because the dev support on the 3D was so little. But right now, today, the now discontinued Evo 3D, which you said in your post had little support (you actually said I was complaining about things on the 3D not being supported, same difference) but that Evo 3D right now today has almost twice as many dev threads getting posted in than this Evo LTE.

So you may be happy with your device, and that is a good thing. But if you actually look at the facts here, I was pretty much correct. If you thought the Evo 3D had little dev support, then either you think the Evo LTE has little dev support (even less than the 3D in its prime) or you have changed your standards for what you consider "little" dev support to be.

Top Liked Posts