[ROM]RUU_Spark_HTC_Europe_1.09.401.08_Spark_5.51.09_REL EASE

Search This thread

Seven_PRX

Feb 9, 2009
-edit: nevermind, I must be blind :) -
Is Spark the codename for Trophy? Haven't heard of HTC Spark...

Last edited:

delltech1

Nov 16, 2009
It is very simple, disconnect your phone from the USB cable. Turn him off. Press VOL down holding him and press start holding it. Then you will see this color mode with SPL version, connect USB to the phone, new driver for sync will be installed, after that start the firmware update..

But i still get a error message: Wrong Vendor ID, so we need to wait for some HSPL or SPL.

Enjoy

Last edited:

lagejan

Oct 28, 2010
Yes I have. Do I need to start up Zune?

Edit: To be more specific: I get the "connection error". They tell me to check my usb-cable. I don't understand what's wrong. When I return to normal mode and connect my phone to Zune, it is recognised....

Last edited:

sparky00

Oct 30, 2010
Hello,
thank you for this page. This website has given me the only info I can find with this phone.

I want to update my firmware as I can only have one apn active, some options are not there that I am sure should be.

To get the driver to work, you need to install ActiveSync. Zune did not install the driver needed for the firmware update.

I followed the process through. Got to the stage of it being updated, then recieved an error "This NBF file cannot be used for your PDA phone. Please get a newer NBF file"
I have a htc spark and im sure its an old version, I have been using it for dev and testing..
any ideas or possibly a different firmware image to try?
Much appreciate the info on this site.

petertc

Jul 4, 2009
You cannot un-brand your Phone with this rom. If you have a Vodafone Trophy it will not update.

junchangchen

May 3, 2006
It is very simple, disconnect your phone from the USB cable. Turn him off. Press VOL down holding him and press start holding it. Then you will see this color mode with SPL version, connect USB to the phone, new driver for sync will be installed, after that start the firmware update..

But i still get a error message: Wrong Vendor ID, so we need to wait for some HSPL or SPL.

Enjoy

i got wrong vendor ID as well, i am the vodafone one, but flashing the vodafone rom with no problem...

petertc

Jul 4, 2009
How did you do it? I and everyone I spoke gets the wrong vendor id with the Vodafone branded Trophy rom.

Last edited:

bippo

Dec 29, 2009
Flashing with "wrond (vodafone) id??"

i got wrong vendor ID as well, i am the vodafone one, but flashing the vodafone rom with no problem...

How did U do it because when "Wrong vendor id" appears flashing stops and phone reboot automatically:confused:
Of U only want to disturbs this, otherwise, very friendly helping forum???:mad:

matthijs81

Jul 29, 2006
's-Gravenhage
I am just not sure about updating my HTC Trophy 7 Vodafone with this ROM. Is there any knowledge on how Microsoft will apply updates to Windows Phone 7?

So far, I have read on several places on the web that, in case of a provider modified phone as mine, the provider has to confirm the Microsoft updates for their custom (provider) ROM. I wonder if it is the ROM contacting the Microsoft searching for updates (with or without IMEI information, Vendor ID etc.) or if Microsoft just pushes the updates toward the active Windows Live accounts.

Couldn't there be a chance that if we, somehow, apply an "unofficial" update for a device (like the EU ROM for a Vodafone device) that we will not be able to receive further updates anymore?

Sorry for posting this here, it is just that I think this could be possible and I couldn't find any documentation on this on the web.

mtem1985

Oct 26, 2008
yeah i've read that to...
Was quite dissapointed because i also have an vodafone branded rom...

But anyways, it's a matter of time before we can flash different kind of roms to the phone.
And when the update comes, maybe some guys over here can benefit from it to flash an rom to the signed phone.

sergioalvarezmac

Mar 2, 2010
Langreo, Asturias
yeah i've read that to...
Was quite dissapointed because i also have an vodafone branded rom...

But anyways, it's a matter of time before we can flash different kind of roms to the phone.
And when the update comes, maybe some guys over here can benefit from it to flash an rom to the signed phone.

+1

With my Nexus One, was only a matter of time at first. After that period of time of nobody knowing anything, well, you know the rest, everybody have their devices rooted and with cooked and stock unbranded roms, and all work very fine.
I suppose that with WP7 is only a matter of time too, so no worry about it. Enjoy your beautiful new phone, and when an update comes officially from MS, then we will see.

P.S. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my Trophy, probably on monday or tuesday. I believe that I could have it today but... :(

Top Liked Posts