[FP8A][Stock][CWM]Full Odexed and Deodexed Stock

Search This thread

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
It doesn't look like anything is really around for this, and with a few other options already I am unsure how useful it is, but I figured I would post it anyway.

[size=+1]I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS (GOOD OR BAD) AS A RESULT OF FLASHING OR ATTEMPTING TO FLASH WHAT IS POSTED HERE![/size]

I am normally a bit verbose on things, but I really didn't do much here. The below files were all pulled from either dumps from the phone (/system, kernel) or from the FP5-to-FP8 update zip.

The odexed version I did NOTHING to (except fashion it into something CWM flashable), which means it is unrooted and it will overwrite both the kernel and any custom recovery with stock variants. The deodexed/zipaligned version includes SuperSU v1.25 (found here) as well as busybox (v1.20.2 thanks to imnuts). It does not include a kernel, and I also put a .bak at the end of /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to avoid the custom recovery overwrite that goes on when that file is unedited.

You will need to have CWM (version 5.0.2.7 can be found here, but earlier versions like 4.0.1.4 will work fine as well) already on your phone, and I would strongly recommend doing a data wipe/factory reset within CWM before flashing either of the full roms (odexed or deodexed) as well.
Also - if you are flashing one with a kernel, MAKE SURE voodoo lagfix is completely disabled and /data, /dbdata, /cache, and /system are all rfs BEFORE flashing!

CWM Installation instructions:
- Download file and place on sdcard
- Boot into CWM recovery
- Recommended to wipe data/factory reset
- If flashing a kernel - you better not be ext4
- Install the .zip you put on your sdcard

NOTES:
While I am unsure how relevant it is now, I have encountered an occasional odd issue in the past with CWM after flashing that seems to require adb to resolve.
  • The issue is that after flashing and then booting into recovery, I occasionally get a "can't mount /sdcard" error. Apparently that in itself is a known issue, and it is listed as such in the CWM recovery thread.
    The fix requires you to perform the following commands using ADB:

Code:
    adb shell
    umount /sdcard
    rm -f /sdcard
    mkdir /sdcard
    exit
  • If you do not have ADB installed and you are having the "can't mount /sdcard" error after flashing - I have a possible workaround for you. Download the ADBsdcardFix.zip here - then extract the folder (should be fine to extract it to your desktop) and attach your phone to the computer via USB (I did this while the phone was already in CWM). Open the newly-extracted ADB folder, and then double-click on the CWMsdcardFix.bat - something should pop up on the screen for a brief second, which is completely normal. After double-clicking the .bat file, on the phone go to mounts and storage, then select mount /sdcard - and it now should work!
  • Either approach here (adb code or the stuff in ADBsdcardFix.zip) has worked every time I have needed it, although again in my experience I have not been able to cull the rhyme or reason out of when that need will present itself.

Please let me know if there are any problems/issues.

---CWM FP8A STOCK FILES---

BLOATED FP8A DEODEXED ROOTED BUSYBOX-ED CWM .ZIP
md5: 53D10A47CBFAF2F4C3D77BA857FE0BBC

BLOATED FP8A ODEXED CWM .ZIP
NOTE: This includes the stock kernel, so you MUST be rfs for this. If you are ext4, you WILL have problems.
md5: 2EBF23AA1CC16F5D1A3AB7023CA786DC

STOCK FP8A KERNEL CWM .ZIP
NOTE: Only flash these if you are rfs - issues will abound when flashed over ext4 setups
md5: 27B18228EC18F2446A774E1E19D196C5

STOCK FP8A RECOVERY CWM .ZIP
md5: CBF88C999B7C9800BD2ACA7527C68B30

FP5-TO-FP8 MODEM UPDATER CWM .ZIP
NOTE: Only flash this if you are ALREADY on the FP5 modems!!
md5: 6EEB24542025282DAF52AA51DA764438

---MISCELLANEOUS---

ADBsdcardFix.zip
NOTE: READ DESCRIPTION ABOVE FOR HOW AND WHY TO USE THE FILE BELOW -
--- DO NOT FLASH IN CWM!! ---
md5: 5A362D2AB8BD5D7878AC1835A4AD558E

FP8 Animated Gif Support
Flash this to get the FP8 version of the let-my-gifs-play-regardless-of-available-memory hack in Tweaked in FP5 - thanks flare!
md5: 917273012589484497B3F0B2C0FE0585

Last edited:

deafptl4ever

Aug 30, 2009
Fort Smith, Arkansas
How about a debloated odexed zip? The bloated one is super fast so I imagine without bloat should be faster .Thanks .

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE by Premium XDA application. Capize???

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
How about a debloated odexed zip? The bloated one is super fast so I imagine without bloat should be faster .Thanks .

I'll take a crack at it, though I plan on implementing it somewhat differently... should have more info tonight :)

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
I'm still here and enjoying your work :) Just wanted to say thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: deafptl4ever

usererror404

Sep 14, 2011
Wilmington, NC
LOL - truth be told since the update I haven't done all that much really - mostly chase down bugs that people report, that's about it.

That being said - it is fun, so guilty as charged :)
Dwit, nobody cares how long it takes you. You do far more work on the charge than you've got any reason to. I'm fairly certain I'm slightly gay for you, and the second I'm not perpetu-broke, you're gonna get some serious sammich moneys. The fact that the charge is still even on your ****ing backburner in 2013 is simply amazing, and we all love you for it.

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
I still have a Charge and I have rocked Tweaked on the Note 2.
Tweaked is seriously top notch stuff.

Don't update dwith, then I don't have to spend hours tweaking my new version of tweaked ;)

I know there are a few Chargers out there still , it is fun to stop in every now and then.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dwitherell

deafptl4ever

Aug 30, 2009
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Dwit, nobody cares how long it takes you. You do far more work on the charge than you've got any reason to. I'm fairly certain I'm slightly gay for you, and the second I'm not perpetu-broke, you're gonna get some serious sammich moneys. The fact that the charge is still even on your ****ing backburner in 2013 is simply amazing, and we all love you for it.

Don't listen to above. Going into night 4. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-i705 using xda premium

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Lolz - yeah yeah I know. To be fair I haven't done too much android stuff at all over the last week or two - I've been at the new job long enough that they feel I'm ready for workload inundation. I hear MidnightNinja has something together on another forum though :)

tmanschuette

Oct 23, 2011
NinjaRomV2 is available over on chargeforums.

http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=59137

As well as eclipse over on Nitro's site (made a thread).

Both are solid Roms with different color bases and options. It make take Dwith awhile to build the new Tweaked, but at least we have something!

I really like both Roms that are out. I have backups so that I can switch between them. Midnight has the libdroid toggles (status bar) like in Tweaked, with a green base, and Nitro has a few CM features like DSPManager, and an ICS blue color base.

Don't mean to derail your thread Dwith, just trying to take some of the pressure off :).

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't look like anything is really around for this, and with a few other options already I am unsure how useful it is, but I figured I would post it anyway.

[size=+1]I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS (GOOD OR BAD) AS A RESULT OF FLASHING OR ATTEMPTING TO FLASH WHAT IS POSTED HERE![/size]

I am normally a bit verbose on things, but I really didn't do much here. The below files were all pulled from either dumps from the phone (/system, kernel) or from the FP5-to-FP8 update zip.

The odexed version I did NOTHING to (except fashion it into something CWM flashable), which means it is unrooted and it will overwrite both the kernel and any custom recovery with stock variants. The deodexed/zipaligned version includes SuperSU v1.25 (found here) as well as busybox (v1.20.2 thanks to imnuts). It does not include a kernel, and I also put a .bak at the end of /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to avoid the custom recovery overwrite that goes on when that file is unedited.

You will need to have CWM (version 5.0.2.7 can be found here, but earlier versions like 4.0.1.4 will work fine as well) already on your phone, and I would strongly recommend doing a data wipe/factory reset within CWM before flashing either of the full roms (odexed or deodexed) as well.
    Also - if you are flashing one with a kernel, MAKE SURE voodoo lagfix is completely disabled and /data, /dbdata, /cache, and /system are all rfs BEFORE flashing!

CWM Installation instructions:
    - Download file and place on sdcard
    - Boot into CWM recovery
    - Recommended to wipe data/factory reset
    - If flashing a kernel - you better not be ext4
    - Install the .zip you put on your sdcard

NOTES:
    While I am unsure how relevant it is now, I have encountered an occasional odd issue in the past with CWM after flashing that seems to require adb to resolve.
    • The issue is that after flashing and then booting into recovery, I occasionally get a "can't mount /sdcard" error. Apparently that in itself is a known issue, and it is listed as such in the CWM recovery thread.
      The fix requires you to perform the following commands using ADB:

Code:
      adb shell
      umount /sdcard
      rm -f /sdcard
      mkdir /sdcard
      exit
    • If you do not have ADB installed and you are having the "can't mount /sdcard" error after flashing - I have a possible workaround for you. Download the ADBsdcardFix.zip here - then extract the folder (should be fine to extract it to your desktop) and attach your phone to the computer via USB (I did this while the phone was already in CWM). Open the newly-extracted ADB folder, and then double-click on the CWMsdcardFix.bat - something should pop up on the screen for a brief second, which is completely normal. After double-clicking the .bat file, on the phone go to mounts and storage, then select mount /sdcard - and it now should work!
    • Either approach here (adb code or the stuff in ADBsdcardFix.zip) has worked every time I have needed it, although again in my experience I have not been able to cull the rhyme or reason out of when that need will present itself.

Please let me know if there are any problems/issues.

---CWM FP8A STOCK FILES---

BLOATED FP8A DEODEXED ROOTED BUSYBOX-ED CWM .ZIP
    md5: 53D10A47CBFAF2F4C3D77BA857FE0BBC

BLOATED FP8A ODEXED CWM .ZIP
    NOTE: This includes the stock kernel, so you MUST be rfs for this. If you are ext4, you WILL have problems.
    md5: 2EBF23AA1CC16F5D1A3AB7023CA786DC

STOCK FP8A KERNEL CWM .ZIP
    NOTE: Only flash these if you are rfs - issues will abound when flashed over ext4 setups
    md5: 27B18228EC18F2446A774E1E19D196C5

STOCK FP8A RECOVERY CWM .ZIP
    md5: CBF88C999B7C9800BD2ACA7527C68B30

FP5-TO-FP8 MODEM UPDATER CWM .ZIP
    NOTE: Only flash this if you are ALREADY on the FP5 modems!!
    md5: 6EEB24542025282DAF52AA51DA764438

---MISCELLANEOUS---

ADBsdcardFix.zip
    NOTE: READ DESCRIPTION ABOVE FOR HOW AND WHY TO USE THE FILE BELOW -
    --- DO NOT FLASH IN CWM!! ---
    md5: 5A362D2AB8BD5D7878AC1835A4AD558E

FP8 Animated Gif Support
    Flash this to get the FP8 version of the let-my-gifs-play-regardless-of-available-memory hack in Tweaked in FP5 - thanks flare!
    md5: 917273012589484497B3F0B2C0FE0585
    No tears lost here. Most Charge owners feel the same way but afraid to say anything in hopes a last one will be made. He promised me he would make a unblotted rom based on the F8 and would have it ready that night. Never happened. He also said he would do other thing I asked and never did. It's all documented on here. So boo hoo to you fools who let him get away with this. I just feel sorry for those who donated a good portion of money to him with the understanding he would stick to the end like most rom makers do.

Only fool I see here is you... Thinking that someone on an internet forum owes you something.
    Dwith, I thank you for your work and support. I, and the rest of the community have got your back.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
    Does this mean you won't be making a Tweaked rom with F8?

No, I plan on making an updated tweaked (though very slowly it seems).
    that stinks pretty bad. So I found ninja ROM and Eclipse as well as the tweaked 3.2 which I think all these are off of FP8. Are the any other good roms? I see an ICS ROM but looks like camera and data do not work. Any others out there I have not seen?
    Those are the three around, though I'm sure deafptl4ever would be the first to point out tweaked 3.2 is fp5 still, not fp8. The barbed comment he made about someone taking money and running was vague enough to defend though given recent posts was most likely (though not definitely I suppose) directed at me. He has decided me to be quite the awful person and occasionally pops on to lash out and say veiled nasty comments across threads. His claim of take-money-and-run gets a little cloudy when I offered him any of the money he donated back, but I saw no response. It's curious how I became the target considering the bevy of developers sorts (a group I do not consider myself a part of) that have done things for this phone... ah well.

Anyhoo, Eclipse and Ninja are the two most recent options - both of them are quite good in fact. I would try them both and see what fits you best and go from there :)

And nice to see you deafptl4ever :p
    LOL - truth be told since the update I haven't done all that much really - mostly chase down bugs that people report, that's about it.

That being said - it is fun, so guilty as charged :)