• TrickDroid 9.1.0 | Sense 4+

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Other Sense based ROM

Votes: 26 22.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

FlyinGrub

Nov 17, 2012
Anyone finding worse sound quality with headphones on aosp compared to sense? I don't use beats or anything, no sound equaliser mods, on aosp I use DSP manager on flat mode but I don't think it sounds as good as on venom ROM. Haven't done back to back testing so it could be in my head.

I'm using koss porta pro and koss ksc75s mostly classic rock.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

I think you will love SourcE ;)

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
I can't find this SourcE ROM you speak of. I googled it. Is it geared towards audio quality or something?

salutcemoi

Oct 29, 2012
Anyone finding worse sound quality with headphones on aosp compared to sense? I don't use beats or anything, no sound equaliser mods, on aosp I use DSP manager on flat mode but I don't think it sounds as good as on venom ROM. Haven't done back to back testing so it could be in my head.

I'm using koss porta pro and koss ksc75s mostly classic rock.

yup

El_Svanto

Jul 4, 2013
Using Illusion 2.1 with stock kernel. My favorite ROM so far. Hopefully Droid wont quit releasing new builds for Ville.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gelo01

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
OnePlus 8T
Currently viper rom but looking to try Sense 5 based roms if one of them would have a stable bluetooth.
On stock kernel still as i have problems flashing kernels with cwm.. :(

Sent from my Viper One S using xda premium

rvntn

Jul 30, 2013
Bytom
ROMs i was using

So, ROMs that I was using for my OneS (S4) (sorted from oldest)

1. CyanogenMod 10.1 Milestone - my first ROM after root, it was great, all those customization You can make after switching from carrier-branded android was amazing, however after some time I started to notice some stability issues, and besides i wanted to experiment with some other ROMS

2. AvatarROM Arion - i went with this one cause it had some extra themeing features, but i had problem with 720p recording and some camera features, plus the wake up lag (nearly 4 seconds from pushing power button for device to wake up) was really annoying.

3. PAC-man ROM (latest) - I wanted to try this one because it was uniting all the cool features of 3 other ROMS together. Pretty stable, i used bubba kernel, but first i had to do S-OFF and SuperCID to install it properly, otherwise my Wi-Fi was not working no matter what. And again, wake up lag problem, i found out on the forums that it's the 3.4 kernel problem, so I decided to let this one go.

4. ViperOneS 2.2.0 + ElementalX Latest stable Kernel - I decided to go back to Sense based ROM because i really like it's layout widgets etc, and finally no wake up lag, stable, OC functions and many tweaks. I'm still experimenting with OC, at the moment i'm at 1.7 with min v 900, thats lowest i can set for it to be stable, at least for now. I think that sometimes newest isn't always the best and less is more, that's why i decided to stay with Viper now, it's great :)

gumil1

Sep 10, 2012
Opole
Hi,
I'm using [Rom][MagioRom_ONE_S_RC_1][Sense5][JB4.2.2][s4] for my HTC ONE S
smooth, stable, very good looking :good:

Tialis

Oct 24, 2011
One question regarding this topic...

Is there a stable ROM with android 4.2 for the One S?

I'm currently using CM 10.1, but its stability is definitely a problem... isn't there any other ROM more stable with 4.2 features?

mannte

Sep 24, 2011
Enschede
One question regarding this topic...

Is there a stable ROM with android 4.2 for the One S?

I'm currently using CM 10.1, but its stability is definitely a problem... isn't there any other ROM more stable with 4.2 features?

Both MagioRom and MaximusHD are stable sense 5 android 4.2 roms. I don't know or there are any stable android 4.2 AOSP roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROMs i was using

So, ROMs that I was using for my OneS (S4) (sorted from oldest)

1. CyanogenMod 10.1 Milestone - my first ROM after root, it was great, all those customization You can make after switching from carrier-branded android was amazing, however after some time I started to notice some stability issues, and besides i wanted to experiment with some other ROMS

2. AvatarROM Arion - i went with this one cause it had some extra themeing features, but i had problem with 720p recording and some camera features, plus the wake up lag (nearly 4 seconds from pushing power button for device to wake up) was really annoying.

3. PAC-man ROM (latest) - I wanted to try this one because it was uniting all the cool features of 3 other ROMS together. Pretty stable, i used bubba kernel, but first i had to do S-OFF and SuperCID to install it properly, otherwise my Wi-Fi was not working no matter what. And again, wake up lag problem, i found out on the forums that it's the 3.4 kernel problem, so I decided to let this one go.

4. ViperOneS 2.2.0 + ElementalX Latest stable Kernel - I decided to go back to Sense based ROM because i really like it's layout widgets etc, and finally no wake up lag, stable, OC functions and many tweaks. I'm still experimenting with OC, at the moment i'm at 1.7 with min v 900, thats lowest i can set for it to be stable, at least for now. I think that sometimes newest isn't always the best and less is more, that's why i decided to stay with Viper now, it's great :)
    I'm the head chef of CharmanDroid and rather embarrassingly I'm using AOKP for the battery life.

All other AOSP-based have problems elsewhere, I need Bluetooth and external camera apps (Snapchat etc) so that rules out Sense 5 ROMs, and Sense 4+ ROMs look inferior and pathetic now.

So yeah, for AOSP ROMs look no further than AOKP, and for Sense based ROMs I recommend you use mine :p different theme to all other Sense 5 ROMs and is just better ;)

Sent from my One S using xda premium

Plus I here the guy working on themeing and mods for that ROM is kick as$, lol.:D

:tootingmyownhorn:

hTConeS | SoFF | ChaRmAnDrOiD | BuLLetprOOf

Inverted Sense 5 Theme Updates+Tweaks

Inverted Sense 4+
    I used to use AOSP roms
    Then I used Sense 5 based roms

Then I tried Venom ... I don't care if it's "only" Sense 4+ and JB 4.1.1, it's the best :D

There's your main problem, you're using CWM. Get TWRP 2.3.3.0. Most stable recovery going.

Sent from my One S using xda premium