Z1 New firmware certified 14.3.A.0.761

Search This thread

palkia171993

Aug 3, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh City
Just my thought though. Maybe, just maybe, Sony released buggy update on purpose so that we will be satisfied when the new update comes out with all the bug fixed and we will not demand new features from z2 anymore :D Besides, with a buggy Z1, they might mean that's Z1 limit, and that will make us want to upgrade to future models. :p
I still love my Z1 on iHackers though :angel: My most annoying problem now is the overheating stuff. Camera was actually better than 681 in term of performance (nearly no freezing yet). Battery is about the same.

FahmyAbou

Dec 30, 2013
Vienna
Just my thought though. Maybe, just maybe, Sony released buggy update on purpose so that we will be satisfied when the new update comes out with all the bug fixed and we will not demand new features from z2 anymore :D Besides, with a buggy Z1, they might mean that's Z1 limit, and that will make us want to upgrade to future models. :p
I still love my Z1 on iHackers though :angel: My most annoying problem now is the overheating stuff. Camera was actually better than 681 in term of performance (nearly no freezing yet). Battery is about the same.

Thats weird and I didn't view it from this side but everything could be true. I think it is their job to fix the bugs and problems AND provide us with the latest features of the Z2 as the Z1 and Z2 share very similiar hardware. If they don't do this I and many others won't buy a sony handset again and I don't think that Sony wants to ruin their reputation

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
It's all about marketing. Sony is not required to provide all newest features to their phones. Sony's main target is to earn as much money as possible, thereby they add new features to newest phone in order to make people interested in them and buy them.

If Sony would all the newest features to older phones as well, then people wouldn't be that interested in buying new phones, thereby losing some great profit.

It's just the way life is and it can't be changed.

Reactions: Zaim2012
It's all about marketing. Sony is not required to provide all newest features to their phones. Sony's main target is to earn as much money as possible, thereby they add new features to newest phone in order to make people interested in them and buy them.

If Sony would all the newest features to older phones as well, then people wouldn't be that interested in buying new phones, thereby losing some great profit.

It's just the way life is and it can't be changed.

This is rule for all brand, not only for sony.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Zaim2012

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
Absolutely no issues here that other are facing, 4th day on 4.4.2 stock, rooted, Oxide with custom kernel and mega amount of tweaks, 3 battery cycles and battery is doing well, it is for me most stable ROM to date.

Ycb04

Oct 20, 2007
Also add nfc quick settings toggle broken in 757 firmware too

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ayhamx360

May 19, 2011
Fast battery drain??? I have .757 firmware and my battery lasts 2 days!! Camera performance?? Maybe, heating... don't have this problem.

i dont have any battery drain either ! my battery last more than a day with average usage..and my camera takes 1 or 2 seconds top to open and im on 757 firmware
so i think the problems occurs with some devices...

Reactions: randymess

nifty_mats

Feb 27, 2014
Guwahati
My Z1 is also running perfect. No issues at all. 100% smooth, lag free & ice cool.[emoji3]

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
Guys i have few suggestions..

1) lag,fc,reboot:- use ftf flashing with wiping options enabled, if u use recovery flashing, do data factory reset before flashing. Also odex firmwares are speedy than deodex ones.. And alo remb to delete "data and android" folders from sd card too..( but u can backup and reuse data which are big, like game data files)

2:- camera probs :- check ur sd speed if u save pics in sd, recommended speeds are class 6, to u1, not needed u2 or extreme cards above 40mb/s rw.
Or just save pics to internal, and move to external when needed.

Sd card are not simple things, random rw to sd drains battery much more rapid, may slow down s/m and so on..

3) reboots and networks:- use default kernal or moded ones, which are derived from same region ftf's, ie if u use euro version ftf, euro version kernel is recomended and not others ( especially if u face network probs)

4)battery:- use of messaging apps, social networking apps, widgets, antivirus, etc it will drain battery quick, also most battery savers have opposite effects on batter, as they run as services, instead if u are rooted, i recomend greenify app, also turn off location finding using wifi and mobile data, insted use gps! ( ya.. I said gps, why? Coz it does turn on only when wanted, but in case of wifi or mobile, it usually syncs with network to retrive location data), another one- use manual brightness set at lowest when u are inside room most time, and just turn on automatic when outside..
Turn off haptic feedbacks and click sounds, keep the volume as much as u want..

May this things will help

randymess

Jun 24, 2013
Madrid
www.500px.com
The problem is that some people want to play games that consumes a lot of RAM and GPU like Asphalt 8 for example, and they complaint about "heating problems".

Terepin

Dec 9, 2010
Košice
www.jamendo.com
I just really hope they will fix lag issue. Because in current state EVERYTHING lags. I had Nexus 5, which has the same HW and it was butter smooth. My new Z1 feels liker my old Desire, which is ridiculous.

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
@ Denonite, Re: SkyGo and root

This is not indicative of all users experiences with the Z1, please don't think it is. In my experience this is a great phone (screen could be better), I get over a days battery, I've currently been away from a charger for 8 hours 24 minutes and have 64% left with mild browsing, email and a few hours of music listening. I regularly get home after a days work with in excess of 50% charge left. Camera launches almost instantly. I have no power saving enabled and have GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi enabled too. I'm running stock 757 firmware unrooted (the UK SkyGo TV app will not run rooted).

I'm sorry that some are having issues but it's really not all users experiences and if your running a non-stock kernel or ROM I suggest you look at what your running and stop whining about issues with stock firmware.

I'm using the SkyGO app in the UK, on NUT's 14.3.A.0.757, rooted with LB and all is well. Where and how did you come to what seems like a definitive assertion that this app cannot run on rooted devices. Maybe it would be truer if you had said this app not working for you.

I'm not trying to have a go, but this is an example of how misinformation can fuel unnecessary concerns for some users of this, IMHO, quite amazing device.

ing005

Nov 12, 2011
I just really hope they will fix lag issue. Because in current state EVERYTHING lags. I had Nexus 5, which has the same HW and it was butter smooth. My new Z1 feels liker my old Desire, which is ridiculous.

I have the same issue. this can be fix with wiping the phone. but I can't backup programs becuase Titanium backup requires root. And since we have to unlock bootloader first before root, which is it will erase all the data.

anyone has any other solution ?

Last edited:

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
I've tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3 and 4.4 (both firmwares) the battery drain is only present in 4.3 and 4.4.

here are several things that seemed to fix my drain issue

unmounts your ext sd and the battery drain will stop (remount)

setting/apps/running - force stop anything that has camera in the name

uninstall Skype

after doing the above over a few days at random times (except Skype) I now have a fully stable device no heating or battery drain, don't understand why but my phone is now working perfect and I had huge issues

There is a known bug in 4.4.2 admitted by google to be fixed in 4.4.3 that has something to do with apps calling the camera module - Skype being one of them

The problem is easy to see if you look at the battery usage in profile in power management - media server will be running at about 40% of battery usage instead of the normal 2-3% - it stops the phone from sleeping

Based on what google has said Sony may not be able to resolve this issue as it is a KitKat issue

Anyway through messing around for over 3 weeks with apps and disabling stuff and what I said above my phone is now working normally

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

You have to charge your battery few times and battery will settle down.

I'm using 757 and...
View attachment 2705552

It's stock (NUT) deodexed and rooted and it's great.
My screen is always on 60-70%
gegu4yhy.jpg
and my battery holds for a 20-30 hours... (screenshoots are in battery thread in general section)

I can believe someone could have problems but, guys, don't forget - we are using 7 months old devices, battery could be "damaged" on some devices.

rubbish

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
guys, im still in 4.3 build 14.2.A.1.136 i got an update notification in my phone for the 4.4.2 build 14.3.A.0.681. then i plugged my phone in my computer and opened PC Companion and I got an update pop up window for 4.4.2 build 14.3.A.0.757

please let me know , and tell me what kinda of bugs u get and in which build number? i won't update until i make sure all is bugs free!

thanks so much for the help!

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Tried factory reset. Didn't help. I take 4.3 wasn't suffering from this?

I really can't understand you guys...
If you have problems with one firmware use another one.

If KK doesn't work well on your device and you were perfectly satisfied with JB then use JB until Sony release new firmware which will maybe fix your problems.

As I said few times and I see I'm not the only one - 757 firmware is working great on my 6903.

But if I have problems on it I wouldn't whining all the time, I would flash firmware that works best in my phone and would wait for another firmware...

I know few guys who are still on 290 - they have best battery, camera and memory consumption on that firmware.

But we all want latest firmware no matter it's not working well....humans are strange beings.

I'm not saying Sony shouldn't fix it and we should be satisfied with JB, no, they must fix it but while you are waiting - use something that actually works for you...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Z1 New firmware certified 14.3.A.0.761

Xperia_Z1_14_3_A_0_761_640x563.jpg

Source:
    Xperia Blog
    If anyone its interested i made a flashable zip rooted and with dual recovery of the last unbranded nordic NCB .761 firmware following Nut´s guide.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53036866&postcount=58

Cheers
    Tried factory reset. Didn't help. I take 4.3 wasn't suffering from this?

I really can't understand you guys...
    If you have problems with one firmware use another one.

If KK doesn't work well on your device and you were perfectly satisfied with JB then use JB until Sony release new firmware which will maybe fix your problems.

As I said few times and I see I'm not the only one - 757 firmware is working great on my 6903.

But if I have problems on it I wouldn't whining all the time, I would flash firmware that works best in my phone and would wait for another firmware...

I know few guys who are still on 290 - they have best battery, camera and memory consumption on that firmware.

But we all want latest firmware no matter it's not working well....humans are strange beings.

I'm not saying Sony shouldn't fix it and we should be satisfied with JB, no, they must fix it but while you are waiting - use something that actually works for you...

when the firmware .761 release??? still waiting for fix bugs

It is only certified, so we can't say if it will be released or not. Hope that it will be released soon

.761 is available for China variant of c6902(from yesterday).............check xperia update checker tool.....

cust no:1277-2526
    C6903 14.3.a.0.769 firmware certified by ptcrb!!!