The "all-in-one-location" XDA Skyrocket General Info/Root Method/Kernel/ROM Thread!

Search This thread

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
Does anyone know if SuperOneClick will increase the flash counter and make the yellow triangle appear?
No it does not trip flash counter
If you didn't notice that question has been answered already...read and search. Also it would be a question you'd probably find the answer to directly on the thread for SuperOneClick.

I hope that ALL questions and requests related to linked content will be posted in the appropriately linked thread(s).

Has anyone seen ROMs/Kernels/Root Methods anywhere else that aren't listed here?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Great

I think I agree with you! Cause for the newbies, this is a good place for it because it has all the good rom's & info is in one place.
Good job IMO

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
It is a great place for noobies like me! AND I just happen to have a couple of noobie questions..first of all, is there somewhere that videos of some of the roms can be seen?
I have read many times that you're meant to boot up into cwm... but if you are already in cwm, there is the option to reboot into recovery there... so why not do it that way?

I've also read that you can down load a rom onto your EXTERNAL SD directly from your phone... but I keep seeing instructions that say, download the new rom to your p.c. first??

Finally... some times it seems that sd card is used to describe either the internal card and other people mean the external SD...it's pretty confusing for noobs?

Oh, and it's hilarious that after a month.... xda has me designated as a "senior member" I've rooted, with help but have yet to flash a single rom. :)

Last edited:

skrambled

Mar 2, 2011
New Hampshire
InSaiyanone, looks like an update is needed. There are some recently updated roms and some new roms.

I was thinking you might want to keep the build number out of the roms to make it easier to maintain this thread (for example, you have Alien Build 4 which now links to Build 5--maybe just have the link say "Alien". Sky Ice Cream has also had a recent update, by the way.).

Roms to add:

[ROM][1/3] NeXusM0Di727-v1.05 / AT&T Base / 2.3.5 / AOSP like
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426590

[ROM][1/1] NeXuSM0DNoCIQ-RC2 / NoCIQ / 2.3.5 / AOSP / UXKJ2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419517

[ROM][2.3.6] Super Stock (AT&T Skyrocket)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1403342

Cheers!

LordGeek

Aug 1, 2007
Ohio
Faux123 creates kernels out there for many phones, including the TMO SGSII .. he has now ported over his excellent kernel over for our phones .. however, he has not yet posted it in our thread .. he started posting about it lastnight via Twitter, and now I found the full posting up on RootzWiki .. if anyone is interested .. here is the link:

[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/Power Saving[Jan-08]

Reactions: InSaiyanone

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Faux123 creates kernels out there for many phones, including the TMO SGSII .. he has now ported over his excellent kernel over for our phones .. however, he has not yet posted it in our thread .. he started posting about it lastnight via Twitter, and now I found the full posting up on RootzWiki .. if anyone is interested .. here is the link:

[Kernel]Skyrocket[2.6.35.14](v0.0.8)OC~1.73GHz/GPU OC/OTG/UV/SLQB/Power Saving[Jan-08]

I'm trying this now too

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA
Has this thread been abandoned? It is quickly falling behind...

I've also been wondering that. It's no longer the go-to thread for the latest in development. It'd be nice to have a thread that tracked, almost in "real-time", the updates and additions to the development forum. Like if the devs sent a pm or post to the OP when they rolled something out, and he could go and quickly update the thread. I realize that's quite the task, but it was just a thought. It looks like this thread started out very strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
Sorry everyone for disappearing for a bit. After the holidays things got hectic for me. Anyways, roms and such will be up to date by the morning (it's 12:40am here now so say by 8am) I've also been meaning to look into a few ICS breakthroughs I've heard about so if I find anything promising I'll put it up too. Night all.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
I was going to Contact Mod and see what's going on here but since your back it won't be necessary. There is nothing for Skyrocket as far as ICS goes.;)

Sorry everyone for disappearing for a bit. After the holidays things got hectic for me. Anyways, roms and such will be up to date by the morning (it's 12:40am here now so say by 8am) I've also been meaning to look into a few ICS breakthroughs I've heard about so if I find anything promising I'll put it up too. Night all.

Reactions: GeezyF.Ladies

GeezyF.Ladies

Dec 15, 2011
San Antonio
only things I see missing is the young mod kids lol forgot his name but I think his rom is quickwiz could be wrong and faux kernel......lol nvm what I said haha all of it!

Last edited:

Budge

Dec 4, 2006
Somewhere in Texas
My skyrocket is has the stock rom and kernel (it's only rooted). My quadrant score is 3398 and my antutu score is 6015. My battery life gets me through the day, but it's usually in the teens by 11pm. I have had NO stability issues...ever.

Should I load a custom rom or kernel if I'm happy with what's stock? I wouldn't mind having better battery life, the 14 toggle mod, the bravia engine (if there's no tradeoff), and no ciq. What would y'all recommend?

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
My skyrocket is has the stock rom and kernel (it's only rooted). My quadrant score is 3398 and my antutu score is 6015. My battery life gets me through the day, but it's usually in the teens by 11pm. I have had NO stability issues...ever.

Should I load a custom rom or kernel if I'm happy with what's stock? I wouldn't mind having better battery life, the 14 toggle mod, the bravia engine (if there's no tradeoff), and no ciq. What would y'all recommend?

The unfortunate truth is..there has been very little progress made with customizing or enabling functions on the truely "stock" ROM that came on the SkyRocket. So if you want additional functionality, I think you might have to go with a custom ROM. Some of the ROMS look pretty amazing and the Devs do a good job helping people and trying to give them what they want. So it all really comes down to what you want. I am satisfied with the stock ROM (rooted of course), I just wish things like NFC could be enabled like in the custom ROMS. If you decide to try a custom ROM, be careful, I hear that flashing ROMS can become addictive! And make sure you let the Devs know you appriciate their work.

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
I loaded the alien 4 Rom and honestly haven't had any issues at all. I am still keeping an eye out on other roms and I test them out once in a while but I'm cool with this one for now. My only need out of a rom at the moment is to be able to set up a wifi hotspot and to have it rooted for a few apps, so I haven't a need to find another one...yet.

Eventually I'll probably want to customize the interface a little more (change font, colors, etc.)

hocplyr98

Jun 20, 2010
So, what would be the most stock ROM for the Skyrocket without all of AT&T's bloatware? And is that ROM fully stable and do everything stock can do?

Top Liked Posts