Downgrade G9 Firmware?

Search This thread

zsalzy

Mar 30, 2011
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware on the G9?

I just updated to ICS, but would like to go back...

Or, if anybody can tell me how to hide the menu bar completely for a kiosk application I am developing, that would be helpful.

This is possible in Honeycomb from what I can tell by killing systemUi, but not in ICS.

Thanks

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware on the G9?

I just updated to ICS, but would like to go back...

Or, if anybody can tell me how to hide the menu bar completely for a kiosk application I am developing, that would be helpful.

This is possible in Honeycomb from what I can tell by killing systemUi, but not in ICS.

Thanks

YES.

You can do this, if you flash ICS rooted version and than you can install Custom Rom 3.2.80 ! .....after that you can install firmware_archos_it4.aos , or may be you don't need Custom Rom. Try directaly after ICS root to install orig Honeycomb....IT shoud be ork too ! Good luck !

zsalzy

Mar 30, 2011
when i try to update with the custom 3.2.80 rom, it says I need an lzo file, not gz. Is there a way to convert it?

In the meantime, I am trying the original 3.2.80 from archos. (It didn't work - error 221).

Thanks

Last edited:

agarius

Nov 10, 2005
Same to me Error 221. How is the correct name for firmware_archos_it4.aos?
I want to downgrade vom 403 zu 32.80.

petescou

Feb 2, 2009
im getting the same error 221 , i also want to downgrade to 3.2.80

i have no programming skills whatsoever, i just follow tutorials

something i did notice however was that the linux kernel for 3.2.80 was 2.x? and the kernel for 4.04 is 3.X

does it mean that the new release has made it unable to read the .aos from 3.2.80, like a new recovery menu

Sepol P

Jun 27, 2012
Hi everyone, where can I found 3.2.80 Archos firmware aos file, is not available on Archos website. Thank you so much.

UltraMaks

Jul 15, 2011
Minsk
www.dinamo-minsk.org
I wonder is there a real way to downgrade Archos 4.0.28 firmaware to 3.2.80?
I tried to downgrade and received an android robot picture rotating on loading for many minutes

I could only update it again with 4.0.28 firmware to make the tablet working