*******Why our Motorola Moto X still has no Custom roms and kernels customs ? ******

Search This thread

felipendc2012

Jul 30, 2012
SP
Hello everyone ^ ^
Excuse my ignorance but, :)
I wondered why our Moto x does not have many
custom roms and custom kernels? :silly:
motorola has not released any source? :confused:
To development ? :rolleyes:

Why we don´t have several custom roms and custom kernels as the nexus 4 and other devices? :silly:

we still don´t have developers to build a custom rom? :(

Thank you ^ ^ please like to know because I always had this doubt ^ ^:eek:

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Hello everyone ^ ^

Why we don´t have several custom roms and custom kernels as the nexus 4 and other devices? :silly:

Many reasons
Bootloader locked on the two largest carriers in the US
Stock rooted with XPosed mods is just about damn perfect
The press downplayed the device as midrange with flagship pricing.

I for a change don't care that there's no developer action on this phone.

Reactions: felipendc2012

sethes302

Dec 10, 2013
Why don't you make a custom rom and kernel instead of asking others to do it for you?

D

Darth

With this phone being so smooth and flawless as it is already...and nearly pure Android.....I'd never use a custom Rom. Xposed can give you all the custom Rom options I can think of. If you're rooted. If you can't or won't root to use xposed, custom roms won't do you any good either.

But if someone is a flashaholic and bought this phone.....you made a terrible mistake. Lol. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone.....

chaoslimits

Mar 19, 2010
Given that it's pretty much impossible to add the Moto X features to AOSP, custom roms for Moto X are a lot less appealing. I don't even use xposed because ART is so good.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

laur3n.newm4n

Dec 21, 2010
Manchester, NH
Many reasons

This is exactly it. I thought I would be really disappointed that I couldn't easily root it, but I haven't had one single reason to yet.

felipendc2012

Jul 30, 2012
SP
Why don't you make a custom rom and kernel instead of asking others to do it for you?

Yes partner! :good: if I had been able to compile a rom for our moto x I would not have made this topic! :cowboy:

Please learn to be educated like others ! thank you :cool:

Well, I created this topic for me to know what was happening because I bought the my moto x to 3 week :highfive:

And I'm trying to compile a AOSP source Cm11. But I also have no success. :(

Sources:
https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/107594-aosp-44-kitkat-for-moto-x-xt1058-rogers-and-non-us-gsm/

My Channel Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/FELIPENDC10

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Schaweet

Aug 2, 2010
General UI and app starting. The phone was smooth on Dalvik but it's noticeably better on ART imo.

Cool wasn't aware it was for any device other than the N5 at this point. Good to know.

I like my xposed and gravity box stuff too much. If I can't use them on ART then I'm sticking with Dalvik. Best device I've used so far anyway.

Sent from my XT1060

Last edited:

Coop9

Jul 15, 2010
What do you want in a custom ROM or kernel to do?

Custom ROMs or kernels are not automatically better than the stock kernels. The developers at Motorola, or HTC or Samsung for that matter are not bad developers and actually have full access to the hardware specifications in these devices. I'm not taking anything away from the guys who put together these custom peices of software, but I think they'd agree that they're working at a disadvantage when compared to the engineers who actually work for the maker. There's a reason why things are often weird when running a custom ROM.

The main reason you are not seeing a bunch of custom roms is Moto has kept things pretty vanilla, but added some features like active notifications and touchless control. They haven't done what samsung or HTC has done where they pretty much re-work the face of the OS. The reason I have flashed any custom roms in the past is to get updated versions of android before officially offered, or to go to an AOSP ROM. I feel that I would actually lose out by running CM on this phone. On other phones there were trade-offs, losing the camera app or some applications tied to the framework, but on this, I don't see the benefits like I did with the S3 or HTC phones I owned before it.

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
for those very reasons you should just flash eclipse rom and everything is happy go lucky. all the same features but none of the bloat. gets great battery life as well fyi.

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
The lack of development should be addressed in the near future now that the price has dropped permanently on this phone. The new price point makes it very enticing for devs to pick up and start development on. We already have a CM device tree as well and builds that are essentially stable and just have one or two glitches that should be addressed in the near future.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do you want in a custom ROM or kernel to do?

Custom ROMs or kernels are not automatically better than the stock kernels. The developers at Motorola, or HTC or Samsung for that matter are not bad developers and actually have full access to the hardware specifications in these devices. I'm not taking anything away from the guys who put together these custom peices of software, but I think they'd agree that they're working at a disadvantage when compared to the engineers who actually work for the maker. There's a reason why things are often weird when running a custom ROM.

The main reason you are not seeing a bunch of custom roms is Moto has kept things pretty vanilla, but added some features like active notifications and touchless control. They haven't done what samsung or HTC has done where they pretty much re-work the face of the OS. The reason I have flashed any custom roms in the past is to get updated versions of android before officially offered, or to go to an AOSP ROM. I feel that I would actually lose out by running CM on this phone. On other phones there were trade-offs, losing the camera app or some applications tied to the framework, but on this, I don't see the benefits like I did with the S3 or HTC phones I owned before it.
    Many reasons

This is exactly it. I thought I would be really disappointed that I couldn't easily root it, but I haven't had one single reason to yet.
    Hello everyone ^ ^

Many reasons

gunnyman;49235735/ said:

+1 ^^ This. Xposed let's you customize your phone almost exactly as you want with this phone.
    for those very reasons you should just flash eclipse rom and everything is happy go lucky. all the same features but none of the bloat. gets great battery life as well fyi.