Simple tool for viewing of Bada firmware

Search This thread

k8500

Tools based on Wave Remaker source

Alright, I thought I'd share here, too. Based on ho1ods discontinued Wave Remaker source code, I wrote three command line tools:

RAW24toIMGc:
Converts 24 Bit RAW (RGB, interleaved) files to IMG. This fixes the broken function used in ho1ods original source code.

dassRBM:
Enables editing of RBM files and adding of new images in PNG format. You can disassamble and reassamble RBM files and convert PNG files to the LZ16 and LZ32 formats to be included in a RBM file. This effectively enables us to edit RBM files and change aspects of the GUI that have been formerly unchangeable (think main menu icons, drop down menu icons, etc...).

convRSR:
Converts RSR files to easily editable CSV files and vice versa. Much easier and faster than WRs single laguage to text conversion.

I won't do it myself, but, maybe, if someone takes up the development of Wave Remaker, he wants to include these source codes in a next release. I prefer the command line, but inclusion in WR would be much easier for most users.

Attachments

• raw24toIMGc.7z
    16 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

k8500

... and convRSR was updated. Taxidriver, maybe you want to help finding a new maintainer for Wave Remaker? The starting point would be adding these three tools, of course, and that shouldn't be too difficult for an advanced programmer. You could make a specific blog post about it. Just asking :).

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33887466&postcount=55

Again S8600 (S7350,S5380)...

Filesize is stored in name.bin + end.bin

Wave_Remaker seems only to generate name.bin changes in size...
Not the 2 others in end.bin ...

I was not able to change manually... :eek:

But it seems working, if original file is bigger then Mod file...

In other words...
If Original RC1 is 40 MB, your file can NOT be bigger then 40 MB...

Biggest RC1 I've found is S8600 XXLD1...

Will check other S8600 RC1, maybe somewhere bigger files exists as template...

Best Regards

Reactions: nip_miniw

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
Thx buddy this program helped a lot...

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Btw thx for the source code too...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a my program for viewing of bada firmware.

This source code
    This source code Wave_Remaker. Everyone can use it in their programs. Everyone can continue to develop this program. Thanks to everyone who helped me. Goodbye Bada.
    Update v 0.0.3

New features:

Added decrypt and encrypt files (apps_compressed.bin , boot_loader.mbn)

The program can be downloaded in the first post

Attention! Encrypted files are not signed

PS

This is a picture from the decrypted Loader :)
    update 0.2.0
    Only for test

Added QMD routines from b.kubica
    Added tooltips wish file size
    Added few bug fixes

Thank you b.kubica
    bada 2.0 has enabled signature checking. as we know last 0x10 bytes of encrypted data are stored in footer at offset 0x198. Next 0x40 bytes is rsa signature taken from sha1 hash of 0x160 bytes (in footer 0x48-0x1A7).
    No chance to generate valid signature but we can reverse this pattern and modify encrypted data to pass rsa1 signature check :)

3 things needs to be done to pass BL security:

1. rsa signature needs to be valid (in footer)
    2. last 0x10 bytes of encrypted data must be equal to 0x10 bytes at footer offset 0x198
    3. last 0x10 bytes of decrypted data must be equal to 0x10 bytes of seed key (FF FF FF FF ...)

attached routines does that - encrypted apps pass BL security checks and we can download it to phone with no problems. We lose 0x10 bytes of nand apps space but who cares? :)

regards,
    Bartek