Letting this thread die -- too long -- use as reference only

Search This thread

spacecasespiff

Jun 27, 2010
We use safstrap to do is that correct? And we can go back to stock? Just wanna try it out then go back.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

jojo4747

Jul 6, 2010
Lancaster
Hey hashcode, I noticed a couple of things that may be able to help. With the orientation, I noticed that it works only w/ the keyboard open, the orientation isn't backwards, also in the storage part in the settings. If you hit the menu key and select that option then go back, you'll see different categories of storage i.e music, misc, and other storages, but it only flashes for a quick couple of seconds. and in the camera app, with the previous version you could see the camera ui for a bit, but withn the most recent you can't even see that ui. Wifi also looks like it tries to come on.

prstorero

Sep 12, 2011
Dallas
Amazing aside from the main functions not working haha but that's a given for now. Hopefully it wont be too hard to get the main things working like 3g phone and sd card :) keep up the great work :)

rvschuil

Oct 7, 2010
Must say i'm blown away by how fast you got it running on this device. Sure, most functions aren't working yet, but so far Hashcode has done nothing but amaze me. Respect!

Tweezydak1d

May 6, 2009
Sacramento, CA
My gf has a Droid 3 and I rooted it but its still the stock Rom....how do I flash this just to check it out and then return to stock....I kno how to flash roms but I've never done the droids before they are a little different

Sent from my 丅-爪◯阝工しモ ム丹し丹メㄚ ち 工工 w/ Cyanogen Mod 7.2 ツ using XDA Premium App

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
My gf has a Droid 3 and I rooted it but its still the stock Rom....how do I flash this just to check it out and then return to stock....I kno how to flash roms but I've never done the droids before they are a little different

First, you want to install Bootstrap or Safestrap for backing up and restoring roms.

For starters, use Safestrap.. Download the Safestrap 1.06 apk.
Put that APK on your phone and install the recovery but make sure you don't have bootstrap installed already.

Once you install safestrap:
1) Power off your phone.
2) Power on and you will see the Safestrap Splash Screen after the "Dual Core" screen goes away --> PRESS THE MENU BUTTON. You will have 10 seconds.
3) From the CWR, go down to backup and restore, and select backup. (Use Volume up and down to navigate and power button to select)
Backup to either External or Internal card.

Once it is complete, stay in CWR and wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache (For good measure), and format system (Under mounts and storage)

After you finished that, Install CM9-Droid 3 and thats it!

Tweezydak1d

May 6, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Oh cool so after I'm done playing with ics how would I restore
First, you want to install Bootstrap or Safestrap for backing up and restoring roms.

For starters, use Safestrap.. Download the Safestrap 1.06 apk.
Put that APK on your phone and install the recovery but make sure you don't have bootstrap installed already.

Once you install safestrap:
1) Power off your phone.
2) Power on and you will see the Safestrap Splash Screen after the "Dual Core" screen goes away --> PRESS THE MENU BUTTON. You will have 10 seconds.
3) From the CWR, go down to backup and restore, and select backup. (Use Volume up and down to navigate and power button to select)
Backup to either External or Internal card.

Once it is complete, stay in CWR and wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache (For good measure), and format system (Under mounts and storage)

After you finished that, Install CM9-Droid 3 and thats it!

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Oh cool so after I'm done playing with ics how would I restore

Like this. Check this out son.
You'll do the same thing. Boot into recovery.

Go down to Backup and Restore. Find your restore on the sd card you saved your backup.. select it and it will restore that backup.

Reboot system and all is good!

jellydroid13

Oct 15, 2011
@hashcode bionic has a new build with a lot more stuff working do you have all those working on d3? if so are you going to release the build

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I have the same enhancements in my build. I just figured it wasn't enough to warrant a new preview.

slvrarrow

Jul 1, 2008
is it possible to make the safestrap prompt look more stock android/moto and simplify the amount that's shown, it looks a little busy and "hacky"

The-Captain

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Themer
May 18, 2011
How long is it gonna take for this to become a stable rom? Great work though!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALPHA #4 of CM9/ICS for Droid 3

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

An OMAP4 optimized build using CM9/AOSP sources. I used some of the published Moto Source from D3 and RAZR where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running.

Download Link Here

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
    http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.

Temporary Workarounds:

- For GSM/WCDMA users please enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

What is working in this build:

Fixed Data usage stats
    Removed useless FM radio apps
    SD Card change: internal = /sdcard, external = /sdcard-ext (just like Motorola setup)
    Facebook sync
    Voice search fixed
    Trebuchet as launcher (Nebkat rules)
    Many hard keyboard issues resolved (including B key! Thanks to Tezet)
    Bugfixes from Alpha #1
    Embedded GApps (for now)
    Larger default apns-conf.xml file for international use
    Embedded WirelessTether app
    3G Data
    Audio
    phone is connected to the network
    Wifi
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    SD Cards (needs testing again)
    HW Accelerated Graphics (RenderScript apps will have issues -- like Web Browser)
    Adbd

What isn't working:

Camera (in progress)
    Some Codecs (in progress)

Screenshots:
    droid3-ics-home.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone.png
    Fix For Home Key!!!!!

guys i just figured out why button remapper wasnt working on the d3 and figured out how to fix it. just move the attached files into /system/usr/keylayout reboot and your home key will be fully functional!:)
    http://t.co/AScWERTj
    http://t.co/W2AW6vUT
    i also recommend backing up your current ones
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delays. Building times isn't really the issue. I probably do about 5-6 builds a night. And if I had to guess, I'd say about 30-40 GB for ICS files. I keep Gingerbread active as well for Safestrap builds and that's another good bit (20GB).

It's the right build to release that I'm looking for. Unlike Bionic which doesn't have the hard keyboard f'ing things up, I still have rotational issues and an MIA "B" key. I worked till 5am last night on the rotation, but it's a lot of digging through code and then testing different theories out.

I love that you guys are so excited to see advancements in the ICS build.

If I can't fix rotation or the B key issue tonight, I'll put a build out anyway.

Tonight, I debugged the keyboard a bit, and fixed quite a few errors (including the HOME key). I couldn't get the "b" key working at all.

Its so weird. I see debug logs showing the button click, but it just doesn't want to print. I'm tracing code to see where it gets lost.

The hard keyboard will probably need even more tweaks in the future to support shift key state/alt key state and their related LEDs.

Right now you have to hold shift / alt down and hit the other key at the same time to see the alternate output.

Slightly related is the rotation issue: The hard keyboard is being recognized as an external attachment (like a bluetooth keyboard would be.) New to ICS is a device config file, and I'm setting one up for the keyboard to let the OS know that it's an internal keyboard, etc.

3G data is officially janky in ICS. It doesn't work quite the same way as GB, and I'm in the process of coming up with a fix for it. (I can tweak the phone to GSM and then back to CDMA and sometimes it comes up. But that's not a real solution.)

Audio is working in all capacities as the CM7 build (no docks working yet- need to decompile the APKs which support them). However, I noticed some memory allocation errors when streaming audio, etc. So I'm back to sorting out syslink/tiler mem issues, which *should* fix up all of the multimedia glitches.

Not sure if working audio alone warrants a new build.. what do you think?

In the OP I put up a quick build with 3G working (12/18). This is basically my debug build, because my son is sick and I'll have limited time for the rest of the day.

However, I expect to clean this up, and fix Market FCs tonight/tomorrow and put up the first Alpha build soon. That build should support network swapping for CDMA/GSM. But as always testing will be needed.

Once I upgrade to Alpha, I'll open up the tracker again for ICS/CM9 bugs.

Have fun.