[Resource/DevTools] TheCollectiveHelpPackageSCH-i800[everything you need & some]72813

Search This thread

adan009

Jan 1, 2013
San José
Can't mount

I have this error with my sch-i800..

Attachments

• 20130922_123854.jpg
    20130922_123854.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 308

m1j2e

Mar 1, 2008
Unable to download

Trying to fix a friends bootlooped Tab. Tried to download this package a bunch of times from different locations (and even different countries!) . Always stops short of the full file. Any other way to download this? Maybe one with resumable download? ;) Thanks in advance!!!

puskyer

May 29, 2013
Trying to fix a friends bootlooped Tab. Tried to download this package a bunch of times from different locations (and even different countries!) . Always stops short of the full file. Any other way to download this? Maybe one with resumable download? ;) Thanks in advance!!!

If it is a galaxy tab then this may help...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1133590

It has help me during some bad flashes...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 4

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
So I am trying to download the package that is for this which would be most helpful for me as .......
So we need the DL fixed so we can download the Collective Package.

Thanks again for the help and great write-up.

Lem
:angel:

Try a direct download link

http://www.theandroidcollective.org/i800/public/TheCollective-HelperPackage_sch-i800.zip

Sometimes download errors like yours seem to happen when the user is behind a proxy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

VALENTIGER

Nov 25, 2013
mirror plz

Hey, i would like to try also, but download is interrupted after a few minutes. I also tried using a download manager.... fail.

plz provide a mirror link...?
thanks!!:crying:

tastypotato

Jan 21, 2009
Okay, I seemed to have messed something up along the way.

Downloaded the zip that includes all of the tools and the .tar for flashing.

As of right now I've got a VZW Galaxy Tab that is stuck in a bootloop due to something that I did. I'm just trying to get it back to a usable state right now. Odin can't even see the device when I plug it in, so I'm thinking there is a problem with the drivers on my computer. I tried to install the Samsung USB drivers that you have included in your zip file, but I think that might have made my problem worse.

Here's where I'm at right now:
Tab is in download mode. C++ installed, Samsung USB drivers are installed, but after installing them windows says "Device drivers were not installed correctly" and I've got yellow warning signs next to all of the drivers in my device manager, when trying to use the zadig I cannot find anything that is remotely related to Android or USB (Aside from USB root, but that's not it).

So obviously, when I try and flash anything Heimdall can't find the device.

Any tips on how to get this to work, or maybe a pointer as to where something went wrong?

EDIT: Okay, got it working finally. I overwrote the Samsung USB Drivers that were showing up in zadig when the tablet was plugged in - and I used the Windows USB option. That worked.

Now the tablet is booting properly, but there is a System Update (And a perpetual notification on the top of the screen) that I cannot run because it bootloops the tablet.

Now what? :/

Also, there are no Google apps on the entire thing - this isn't completely stock is it?

Last edited:

udg21

Mar 17, 2011
Yes. I had same issue on my captivate trying to restore stock from a cm7
To fix I had to flash in the kernel and recovery from cm and in cwm under advance mounts format data. Back then on that device speedmod kernel allowed users to select format method (fat32/ext4/etc)

But also hemidall should format with the repartition. But that is assuming it can read and mount the partition.

You can use this package but instead of flashing the ROM package,
Load the pit and load only the kernel and recovery
Then boot into cwm and mount and format data (might as well while your at it mount and format system, and cache)

how can i flash the kernel and recovery?
ok i flashed only the kernel and recovery now cant get to recovery am stuck at samsung

Last edited:

Deep Nox

Aug 6, 2013
Full restock

How to do a full restock? I got heimdall and odin working. What do i need, and need to do.

micechef

Sep 27, 2011
Hamilton
Could someone please post a mirror of the zip file. Not just the direct link which also has problems. Have tried numerous times, diff os, browsers, computers, networks & cannot get it to download. Thanks

MxChris

Apr 4, 2009
Could someone please post a mirror of the zip file. Not just the direct link which also has problems. Have tried numerous times, diff os, browsers, computers, networks & cannot get it to download. Thanks

Since so many people can't seem to download this here's a mirror: http://www.filedropper.com/thecollective-helperpackagesch-i800

OP if you don't want your file hosted on a mirror let me know and I will remove it.

I was able to download the .zip from the direct link provided earlier but only after trying a few times....it seems the host is not very good.

Nov 21, 2013
Cannot download files.

Something is clearly wrong with where those files are hosted. Half a dozen people cannot download them including myself.

Update: please contact the original poster. I sent an IM.
The MD5 posted for
TheCollective-RootedStock-Odin-sch-i800.tar.md5
is
91d23d3d0f5dcd371648f53d238084a5
not
bf1906c961552551acdb9f3ccc7a0d58

So even the original upload is corrupt. Bad file host.

Last edited:

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
UPLOAD Fixed

Thanks to ndrsconschrtysvcs's efforts to bring the issues to my attention.
I have updated the files on the server, and updated the file delivery system that was in place.
you can now check the MD5 and SHA-1 check sums live on the server.
Futhermore downloads should be much smoother now as those of you living behind a proxy couldn't download through the "download.php" i had been utilizing. The upgraded system in place "should" alleviate those issues.

if there are any more problems please dont hesitate to send ndrsconschrtysvcs a PM.
he will let me know.
thanks!

Reactions: rickthecabbie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Resource/DevTools] TheCollectiveHelpPackageSCH-i800[everything you need & some]72813

phoenix-wheat.png

TheCollective SCH-i800 Help package

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/P1c_Info

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCollective is Proud to present to you StockRooted-sch-i800 Verzion Galaxy Tab

For what ever reason we all need to get back to the default factory state.
    soft brick
    resale
    loss of stablity

to name a few.

Here are the steps you will need to take.

First let's point out that this package contains EVERYTHING YOU NEED for this Except the windows PC to which it will be used on.

Before we begin Install Samsung usb device drivers located in the package.
    **\tools-resources\drivers
    Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0

next is unpacking Hemdall 1.3.2 (The only one that worked for me on my SCH-i800)
    **\tools-resources\Heimdall\
    heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32.zip

But here is a link to the developers page so you can download the original/newer if you want.

http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

You will also need *Microsoft C++ 2012 32bit [if 2013 32/64bit has already been installed you will need to remove it first to install 2012]
    This needs installed on your machine because it has .dll files Heimdall uses.
    **\tools-resources\MicrosoftC++12\
    vcredist_x86.exe

Now you will need to install the drivers this is also needed for Heimdall.
    unzip heimdall and go into the drivers folder where you will see /zadig.exe. Run this.
    At the top you see options. Click "list all devices"
    Then in the dropdown select Android USB composite device (or whatever it says, eg genirc serial device) (tho NOT massStorageDevice)
    [good idea to remove any other usb devices as they can and sometimse do interfere with the packet data sending/receiving]

Click the button "replace driver" and let heimdall download/install the drivers. {libusb0 is the one that worked for me, but try another if it dont for you, there are three}

Run Heimdall-Frontend.exe as admin

Files provided To Flash Your Tab with
    **\TheCollective-StockRooted-sch-i800.tar.gz >--TheStockRooted 2.3.5 that came on your tab.
    **\tools-resources\HumberOS\heimdall-uses
    boot.img >-- a CM10.1 kernel with TWRP for sch-i800
    recovery.bin >-- CM10.1 twrp for sch-i800

if you need the pit file --> my-sch-i800.pit [extract it from the stock tar gz]

Ok, Let's get to flashing over the files and getting your tab back to normal.

1: Connect your tab to your PC

2: Launch your tab into download as it is already connected to your PC.*(Do this by holding the volume down and pushing the power button)

3: Go in to the folder "Heimdall" and start " heimdall-frontend.exe" as ADMIN

4: Set up the file you are about to LoadPackage tab. [It should look something like image.]
    attachment.php

5: After you have the file in place click load, it will change tab to flash with files listed, simply click start to flash.
    ALWAYS make sure your battery is sufficiently charged or you will have MAJOR problems.
    Tab should boot. [if not factory data reset in recovery e3 and reboot]

After this is should be just like you took it out of the box, and already rooted.

Hope this helps!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wish to unroot I've included SuperOneClick shortfuse.
    just hit unroot

If you wish to install CM or other AOSP rom here is some helpfull info.

Heimdall command line

Flash boot.img with heimdall command line like this:
    Press Power + VolDown untill you get the Download screen or PC <–> Tab screen.
    on PC open CMD prompt in the folder of Heimdall and place boot image in same folder
    type this command string:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --kernel boot.img --recovery boot.img

Or just replace boot.img inside the ROM ZIP with your desired kernel.

*TIPS

In case you get any strange symptoms.

Flash full TheCollective-StockRooted-sch-i800.tar.gz (with repartition) via Heimdall.
    Flash the Kernel included in the package using the heimdall command above.
    Boot directly into CwM Recovery, holding Power + VolUp.
    Flash CM10.1 ROM, if it reboots by itself repeat the step above.
    If you want Google’s stuff, flash latest GApps for Android 4.2.2.
    Only Reboot after everything.

Wrong MAC? Wrong IMEI? Try restoring files from /sdcard/backup/efs*/* to /efs/. If you don’t have a backup, then start over with FULL Restock, and next time save your backup/efs folders, which are created everytime you install CM10.1.

Market problems? Clear Google Services Framework data and reboot.

No touch? That means you got the wrong kernel installed. A couple of builds had problems identifying the exact model. Just flash your kernel through recovery or heimdall / odin.

No boot? Stuck at the SAMSUNG logo? Flash the correct kernel using Download Mode using heimdall!

Deep Sleep not kicking in? Try wiping cLock’s data or freezing / removing it (com.cyanogenmod.lockclock).

--------------------------------------Highlights of What you get inside---------------------------------------------------------------

attachment.php

**\TheCollective-StockRooted-sch-i800.tar.gz
    The Heimdall package

**\tools-resources\drivers\Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe
    Samsung Mobile Drivers for usb

**\tools-resources\Heimdall\heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32.zip
    Heimdall

**\tools-resources\HumberOS\heimdall-uses\boot.img
    CM10.1 humberOS Kernel P1c

**\tools-resources\HumberOS\heimdall-uses\recovery.bin
    TWRP Touch Recovery 2.5.0.0

**\tools-resources\HumberOS\CwM_CM10.1-humberos_kernel_p1c-20130715.zip
    CM10.1 humberOS Kernel P1c

**\tools-resources\MicrosoftC++12\vcredist_x86.exe
    Microsoft C++ redisturbutial

**\tools-resources\ODIN-1.7\
    Odin3 v1.7.exe
    If you need it for modems or kernels

**\tools-resources\PartitionTool4microSD\pwhe8.exe
    if you get encryption failed, you might find this usefull to partition your external sdcard [deeper instruction online at rootzwiki]

**\tools-resources\SuperOneClick\SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip
    unroot/root what ever just good to have hard to find

DOWNLOAD
    MD5 Sum: F0F9C9FA54219EDFA50E85163D9A7C54

Since so many people can't seem to download this here's a mirror: http://www.filedropper.com/thecollective-helperpackagesch-i800

OP if you don't want your file hosted on a mirror let me know and I will remove it.

I was able to download the .zip from the direct link provided earlier but only after trying a few times....it seems the host is not very good.
    No use.. same error every time . Tried with each driver as well. All I get is this:
    Just a question. Every time I boot to recovery <3e>, and try to wipe data, I get the following:

E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)
    E:install_application_for_customer: Can't mount /data
    your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions​

Could this have anything to do with why I'm not able to get out of my bootloop?
    I guess this is a pretty common issue for CDMA user's. alroger's download page says to copy the modem.bin to the /radio. I downloaded the original verizon modem binaries for my sch-i800 but I don't see a /radio folder. In the about tablet section, baseband is unknown. I just created a radio folder on the root of the tablet and renamed my download modem.bin and stuck it in there. I'm about to reflash the just the kernel but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. So how do I get my radio/modem back and get 3g working with this kernel? cafe-ti.blog.br/1956~cm10-1-sgt7-p1000.html

Easiest way is to tar the modem.bin and Odin it into the device.
    Load it into the phone slot