[Q] adb shell access

Search This thread

blablubb32

May 19, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm new here and this is my first thread, so I hope I've chosen the correct section for my issue.

I have a sony ericsson xperia x10 mini pro and wanted to gain root access. I managed it so far and made some manipulations within the /system/ directory and due to some mental black-out I made a 'chmod 700 /system/' which now causes my device to fail on each boot. Also just connecting my phone with a computer gives the output of the white sony ericsson label followed by a rebooting, without showing the battary loading screen.
Using adb I have only a few seconds of access to the device and I wanted to change the rights of /system/ to some reasonable values. Unfortunately running 'adb shell' gives:

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13) -

so I downloaded adb plus some other stuff following this description android.serverbox.ch/?p=1217. I replaced each and every occurance of /system/bin/sh to /bin/sh in order to call a different shell which I might have read access but still the same error as above occurs, also stating /system/bin/sh instead of /bin/sh.

Does somebody of you have an idea on how I can gain access and change the permissions or how I can completely reset the phone?

Thanks and cheers

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I'm not familiar with Sony devices but most OEMS have some way of flashing stock firmware/software to the device such as with fastboot or a flash tool. If Sony has such method and has a package specific to your device this would probably be the best way.
Otherwise I assume you were rooted or you wouldn't have been able to change permissions to /system so can you boot to a custom recovery and then just flash a new ROM or fix permissions there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
Hi guys,

I'm new here and this is my first thread, so I hope I've chosen the correct section for my issue.

I have a sony ericsson xperia x10 mini pro and wanted to gain root access. I managed it so far and made some manipulations within the /system/ directory and due to some mental black-out I made a 'chmod 700 /system/' which now causes my device to fail on each boot. Also just connecting my phone with a computer gives the output of the white sony ericsson label followed by a rebooting, without showing the battary loading screen.
Using adb I have only a few seconds of access to the device and I wanted to change the rights of /system/ to some reasonable values. Unfortunately running 'adb shell' gives:

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13) -

so I downloaded adb plus some other stuff following this description android.serverbox.ch/?p=1217. I replaced each and every occurance of /system/bin/sh to /bin/sh in order to call a different shell which I might have read access but still the same error as above occurs, also stating /system/bin/sh instead of /bin/sh.

Does somebody of you have an idea on how I can gain access and change the permissions or how I can completely reset the phone?

Thanks and cheers

Go to the recovery then do a fix permissions in recovery. Or flash a new rom. Or use flash tools to install stock images again.

Sent from my Moto G

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
I tried to, but my mobile can not be found by fastboot. Even if I make adb reboot bootloader.

Thats nearly impossible.. Install your drivers.

Despite all this you can use flash tools to flash stock back again.

If you're using Linux type lsusb in the terminal and see if you see your device

Regards
MasterAwesome
Sent from my Moto G

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Reactions: Lgrootnoob

blablubb32

May 19, 2014
I tried to flash my mobile, using flash tool (from here: chip.de/downloads/Xperia-Flash-Tool_65533558.html) and now my mobile does not do anything anymore. So I guess this thread can be closed, except anyone has an idea what I can do now.

Top Liked Posts