[Index] PRL

Search This thread

izzystylez

Nov 3, 2009
Los Angeles
Hey, just thought it would be a good idea to keep an updated list of the PRLs for sprint for our HTC Evo if you choose to opt out of OTA or otherwise just need to revert to an older PRL or something.

Here is some general PRL info:

PRL Definition - (Preferred Roaming List)

The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of some kinds of digital phones. It lists the radio frequencies the phone can use in various geographic areas.

The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. Therefore it's a kind of priority list for which towers the phone should use.

The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.
Originally Posted by navalynt
PRL Backup
(the following instructions are adapted from THIS link)

1. Download and install the latest version of QPST from HERE
2. Dial ##3424# on your Hero to put it into diagnosic mode and connect to your computer via USB
3. Open QPST Configuration and go to the PORTS tab
4. Click on "Add New Port".
5. Select the port listed as USB/QC Diagnostics (may vary, just don't use the data modem one)
6. Go to Start Clients Dropdown and select Service Programming
7. From Service Programming your phone should be selected - Click OK
8. Click "Read from Phone" and Enter MSL. Various fields should populate, don't worry about what tab you are one
9. Click "Save to File" and save to wherever you want (just remember where)

The prl will be located in the directory you saved the file in and labeled as <yourphoneesn>_sp.rl0

PRL Restore [With the phone]

1. Copy the PRL file to the root of your microSD card
  2. Dial ##775# on the handset and enter the MSL code when prompted for password
  3. Tap on Update PRL
  4. If it read your microSD card correctly your PRL file should be listed in the bottom half of the screen to select
  5. Select your PRL and click OK
  6. Press the MENU button and tap on Commit Modifications (which will reboot the phone)
PRL RESTORE [With QPST] Originally Posted by [URL="http://discussion.treocentral.com/members/100653.html"]Ebag333[/URL]
  • From the QPST tools, launch QPST Service Programming. (Warning: This is an incredibly powerful tool, and it has the capabilities to completely brick your phone, rendering it useless. If you do not know what something does, don't touch it!)
  • Make sure that your phone is selected, and click OK.
  • Click the Read from Phone button. This is where you will enter your MSL/SPC code.
  • Browse to the Roam tab.
  • In the Preferred Roaming box, click browse. Choose your PRL file. (Note: While this shows the 60650 version, this version may or may not work for you, and this may not be the latest version.)
  • Double check that you didn't change anything you weren't supposed to!
  • Click the Write to Phone button. (Note: You may be promoted for your MSL/SPC code again.)
  • Soft reset your phone.
  • Enjoy!
  • from http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-800w/175238-update-prl-preferred-roaming-list-manually.html
Old Corolada PRL Index for other Carriers

Also for those of you who get choppy 3G in your area you can follow techknowfile's guide to roam on Verizon

Do you have a PRL that you see missing? If you would like to contribute to the PRL INDEX just post here and I will add to this Main Post.

sources:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95986
http://cid-eabe29f3770d8d15.skydrive...x/.Public/PRLs

Updated PRL of March 23, 2011

Attachments

• 60677.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reactions: sling

snandlal

Apr 14, 2010
Ya. No one has been able to flash prl thru recovery. Im suprised. Is it even possible?

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
##775# doesn't work for me. Running latest stock Sprint sense Rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I am on stock rooted 3.70 rom. The ##775# doesnt work. I did the ##3282# and got in but saw NO place to change PRL like the OP states. :confused:

It does work from myn rom ;)

Last edited:

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
If someone with 60678 can pull it with the instructions above I would love to have it so I can add it to my analysis site.

EDIT: I have 60678 now... I just need 01117 now. You can find the analysis' at www.batonrougebroadband.info

Last edited:

Rem3Dy

Jun 28, 2010
I am on stock rooted 3.70 rom. The ##775# doesnt work. I did the ##3282# and got in but saw NO place to change PRL like the OP states. :confused:

It does work from myn rom ;)

In order to change prl you need the 2.1 epst. The option was removed with the froyo update. Read technofiles guide to roaming on 3g for the fix.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, just thought it would be a good idea to keep an updated list of the PRLs for sprint for our HTC Evo if you choose to opt out of OTA or otherwise just need to revert to an older PRL or something.

Here is some general PRL info:

PRL Definition - (Preferred Roaming List)

The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of some kinds of digital phones. It lists the radio frequencies the phone can use in various geographic areas.

The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. Therefore it's a kind of priority list for which towers the phone should use.

The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.
    Originally Posted by navalynt
    PRL Backup
    (the following instructions are adapted from THIS link)

1. Download and install the latest version of QPST from HERE
    2. Dial ##3424# on your Hero to put it into diagnosic mode and connect to your computer via USB
    3. Open QPST Configuration and go to the PORTS tab
    4. Click on "Add New Port".
    5. Select the port listed as USB/QC Diagnostics (may vary, just don't use the data modem one)
    6. Go to Start Clients Dropdown and select Service Programming
    7. From Service Programming your phone should be selected - Click OK
    8. Click "Read from Phone" and Enter MSL. Various fields should populate, don't worry about what tab you are one
    9. Click "Save to File" and save to wherever you want (just remember where)

The prl will be located in the directory you saved the file in and labeled as <yourphoneesn>_sp.rl0

PRL Restore [With the phone]

1. Copy the PRL file to the root of your microSD card
    2. Dial ##775# on the handset and enter the MSL code when prompted for password
    3. Tap on Update PRL
    4. If it read your microSD card correctly your PRL file should be listed in the bottom half of the screen to select
    5. Select your PRL and click OK
    6. Press the MENU button and tap on Commit Modifications (which will reboot the phone)
    PRL RESTORE [With QPST] Originally Posted by [URL="http://discussion.treocentral.com/members/100653.html"]Ebag333[/URL]
    • From the QPST tools, launch QPST Service Programming. (Warning: This is an incredibly powerful tool, and it has the capabilities to completely brick your phone, rendering it useless. If you do not know what something does, don't touch it!)
    • Make sure that your phone is selected, and click OK.
    • Click the Read from Phone button. This is where you will enter your MSL/SPC code.
    • Browse to the Roam tab.
    • In the Preferred Roaming box, click browse. Choose your PRL file. (Note: While this shows the 60650 version, this version may or may not work for you, and this may not be the latest version.)
    • Double check that you didn't change anything you weren't supposed to!
    • Click the Write to Phone button. (Note: You may be promoted for your MSL/SPC code again.)
    • Soft reset your phone.
    • Enjoy!
    • from http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-800w/175238-update-prl-preferred-roaming-list-manually.html
    Old Corolada PRL Index for other Carriers

Also for those of you who get choppy 3G in your area you can follow techknowfile's guide to roam on Verizon

Do you have a PRL that you see missing? If you would like to contribute to the PRL INDEX just post here and I will add to this Main Post.

sources:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95986
    http://cid-eabe29f3770d8d15.skydrive...x/.Public/PRLs

Updated PRL of March 23, 2011