[ROM][10Feb] Worst Rom Ever v1.5 [NoSense, NoApps, NoTweaks, NoBase, NoSupport]

Search This thread

MOEHEET

Jul 23, 2010
sydney
Guys jus a stupid question.
Is dis rom stable enough for a daily use?????
I know i can do it myself..but just want to know ur views abt dis rom...
Thnx in advance..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Thnx in advance..

I would say most definitely is. I am using it as my daily and have done a few days after its release.

You are best, of course to try it yourself. Some people, few now, struggle with a data connection. And sometimes battery drain but if you flash and give it a go you should find out.

As I said though, plenty stable for a daily.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: MOEHEET

yolinkin

May 9, 2009
Stratford-upon-Avon
Thnx in advance..

well my friend this is the beauty of XDA developing ... you have different ppl trying the Dev`s ROMs in their own personal ways (with your preferences, favourite apps) and let the Devs know what they should work on :)

from what i found out WRE 1.4 has problems with charging up to 100% and Panorama view for camera... WRE 1.5 has an issue with the "location setting" with any other app but Google Maps and Navigator and if not fully wiped b4 install you might find that the battery issue will remain from 1.4 ... other than tha,t from what i have seen, there is a small thing. It would be brilliant have my contacts linked to Facebook so you have their Profile pics on but TBH the ROM is in gr8 working condition ... very much close to perfect ;)

Reactions: MOEHEET

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
@yolinkin, to sort out your facebook sync profile pictures simply download contact-sync from the app store. I'm using this and it works perfectly on wre 1.5

The only thing I don't have working is facebook location.

Other than that it's perfect :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA App

Reactions: yolinkin
You shouldn't need the update fixer. Just download superuser. Update the binary, then reboot. Are you ensuring that you're allowing root access?

When i want to update superuser as you explained, the superuser app tells me, that the phone isn't rooted, so what I have to do?

Which version of WRE do you have installed?

If its 1.4 that wouldn't allow root access.

I've installed 1.5 and i flashed the su zip, then installed the superuserapp from the market and then i wanted to update with the su app

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
I've installed 1.5 and i flashed the su zip, then installed the superuserapp from the market and then i wanted to update with the su app

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

Clear your cache, dalvik, and reflash 1.5. Do not flash the su.zip and then try downloading su and going to preferences and update binary.

Let me know how that goes :)

Reactions: hitchmontana

yolinkin

May 9, 2009
Stratford-upon-Avon
@yolinkin, to sort out your facebook sync profile pictures simply download contact-sync from the app store. I'm using this and it works perfectly on wre 1.5

The only thing I don't have working is facebook location.

Other than that it's perfect :)

oh man. THAAAAAANK YOU!!!!! .. tho the contacts don`t link :-/

Last edited:

dhruvzz

May 30, 2009
MUMBAI
Can sumone pls provide me the flashable su zip ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WRE 1.1 (Worst Rom Ever)

If you want a working ROM without bugs or FCs, DON'T use this ROM... use any other rom out there!

What u get:
    - No HTC Sense... Use any other ROM if u want HTC Sense!
    - No Apps... This rom is as empty as possible. Don't want that? ... use any other ROMs!
    - No Tweaks... Every other ROM has more Tweaks, so if u want more tweaks, use another ROM!
    - Not based on any official or cooked rom
    - No support... sorry, I'm too busy (work/children) to give any support

Not working:
    - Charging battery not working
    - ROOT not working
    - SMS (Long text)
    - MMS
    - GPS
    - Mobile data
    - Camera

Download:
    WRE_1_5.zip

Old:
    http: WRE_1_4.zip
    rapidshare.com: WRE_1_3.zip (mirror)
    rapidshare.com: WRE_1_2.zip
    rapidshare.com: WRE_1_1.zip
    rapidshare.com: WRE_1_0.zip
    yes, also hope someone else will try to fix some things too

I've fixed MMS for now, download the 1.1 version for working MMS
    Yap.Prove me wrong of what I said .:cyclops: There is so little interest for this phone and in software development, that is sad. The best Devs we got are you guys ( THE MUSKETEERS ) AND I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CANT DO EVERYTHING, SO I WANT TO SAY THAT WE NEED HELP FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT, OTHERWISE IT'S BETTER TO SELL THAT PHONE AND MOVE ON TO SOME BETTER PHONE THAT HAS MORE INTEREST IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT. THAT'S MY OPINION. GOOD DAY ;)

OT/

I am not going to flame or anything just merely point a few things out.

1. We all have life's outside XDA so sometimes we won't have updates every ten seconds.
    2. I know for a fact that work is still continuing on various builds but with no real progression, if any so nothing has been updated.
    3. Have a little more respect.

For this ROM in particular, check the title. It says no support - so don't expect any.

Just because we may not post every two days to bump a ROM or blab on about what we are trying to do, doesn't mean nothing is happening. Vertigo is very hard at work trying to get some proper cm9 which will mean so much more in the way of ROMs. Sense 4 has hit a brick wall so taking a little rest from it will allow a come back with a fresh approach. And there isn't too much more I can do for many other builds as I don't have the phone. Just bare in mind that despite selling my phone (due to personal issues) I still continued and continue to support this phone and attempt to keep the things we have here fresh - mainly because I want you guys to feel some love & also because the SXL is a wicked phone and massively overlooked.

Anyway, that's me done. We shouldn't have to explain this as when you come to XDA these things are already a given!

/OT
    it was my fault, I did not know that there is a superuser file attribute
    I only saw things like this: -rwxr-xr-x
    but there are about 11 file that need: -rwsr-sr-- ... this is easy to overlook, sorry

just wait for the next ROM, should be out this day
    Please if anyone knows how to fix my mobile data problem, hit me up

I've rebuild the whole framework res this weekend, so I was able to correct your apn settings in the ROM.

@BigladUK
    BT is fixed... I've mixed up some perms... I'm new to this whole Linux stuff :D

@All
    Camera panorama is fixed too.
    The mixed up permissions might have made the whole ROM instable.

Uploading 1.5 now

EDIT:
    I NEED HELP!!!!!!! How to set the default wallpaper?????????????? at the left side there is this black area... what did I do wrong?