Do all Nexus 7 2013 have touch screen problems?

Search This thread

Ashin

Nov 24, 2012
I won a Nexus 7 through the Kit Kat competition, and am unsure whether or not I should keep it or sell it...

Do 100% flawless units exist, or is it the entire product line affected?

NovaSlim

May 25, 2013
Columbus,Indiana
Mine haven't had any touchscreen problem since JSS15Q. You can always return your tablet for another one through Google or ASUS if you encounter touchscreen problems.

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
My August 32gb is perfect no issues. Keep it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

banaan91

Jan 24, 2011
I've got a 32Gb manufactured in sept 2013 and it has touchscreen issues. I'm going to return in next Monday.

Feb 12, 2013
I got mine after Christmas and I am experiencing minor touchscreen issues, sometimes it feels not responsive enough or it doesn't register. It's so minor though that I'm not sure I'd have to return it. Are there any fixes someone can recommend that might resolve these issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Zilliman

Sep 12, 2013
Yes I had the same issue this morning, brand new, Android 4.4.2 build number KOT49H. I had to press the letters multiple times to get a character on the screen. It was because the tablet was not connected to the USB and was resting on the bed next to me. I think it is safe to assume it happens to ALL tablets, it is just that many people have not realised yet or have not tried to type while the tablet is resting on the bed/couch/table etc.

Feb 12, 2013
Now that you mention it, I do notice touchscreen responsiveness is not a great when the tablet is resting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bipbop

Nov 20, 2008
well, mine is 32 GB (no LTE) manufactured at 10/2013 and when I hold it in portrait mode (camera on top) it got 0,5 cm bar from top and 0,5cm bar from right side of the screen with some issues - the touch is not accurate , it shakes a little bit when I hold it (checekd with couple of multi-touch test apps). Additionally at some point/area below the center of the screen (portrait mode) I get sometimes "double press" issues. I`ve sent it to repair to asus and now waiting - they`ve just updated my status to "waiting for spare parts" ...
I couldn`t live with knowing that my brand-new nexus 7 is with any flaw .