How take Official OTA Update for Rooted & Custom TWRP recovery installed G2

Search This thread

nikilsahil

Apr 14, 2014
Kollam
I have a new Official OTA Update (V20b-APR-23-2014) 22.01mb pack for G2. So please help me how can install this update.
My G2 is rooted with custom TWRP recovery installed. When i tried to install it got stuck in recovery.

How to got to stock recovery. Right now i am on KK, 4.4.2, with downgraded 3.4.0kernal.

Akram.

Dec 8, 2013
i am also on 4.4.2 stock rom rooted. D802 International 32Gb

i got an update today v20b-apr-25-2014, 40.09 MB. It throws me an error on installing. And says Rooted phones does not support official updates. What to do?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I have a new Official OTA Update (V20b-APR-23-2014) 22.01mb pack for G2. So please help me how can install this update.
My G2 is rooted with custom TWRP recovery installed. When i tried to install it got stuck in recovery.

How to got to stock recovery. Right now i am on KK, 4.4.2, with downgraded 3.4.0kernal.

i am also on 4.4.2 stock rom rooted. D802 International 32Gb

i got an update today v20b-apr-25-2014, 40.09 MB. It throws me an error on installing. And says Rooted phones does not support official updates. What to do?

the only way to update is to have an unmodified phone: no custom recovery(or else your phone will bootloop), no mods, no modded system apps, no xposed/modules but if you get the suspected of rooting the only way to ota is to go back to stock with the guide in the general section hoping the ota appears again

Akram.

Dec 8, 2013
the only way to update is to have an unmodified phone: no custom recovery(or else your phone will bootloop), no mods, no modded system apps, no xposed/modules but if you get the suspected of rooting the only way to ota is to go back to stock with the guide in the general section hoping the ota appears again
I'm assuming will i have to wipe my whole phone?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
What does this update do? If its knock code, i am not interested in. For immersive mode, i have alreday "App settings" Its not worth all the hassle.

Well I don't know what it brings and if says app enhancements then it probably just updates some apps

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app