[GUIDE] Flashing Guide / SP Flash Tool Guide | CANVAS 4 | REV(ive) IT UP!

Search This thread

Yash98

Aug 14, 2012
XDA-Developers
What is SP Flash Tool?
It is MediaTek's answer to low level flashing OEM softwares like ODIN, Androxyde Flashtool, etc.
Such softwares can be used to backup and restore every piece of software on your MTK NAND Chips...
These softwares can thus can almost revive your phone from the dead or fix many problems or flash ROMs or kernels, etc.​
SP Flash Tool Guide
Features:
  • Revives your phone from almost any brick!
  • Fixes the WiFi and Bluetooth (only software problem), created due to some wrong permissions.
  • Flash CWM Recovery
  • Flash Custom ROMs
  • Root your device without a root exploit.
  • Flash Stock Firmwares.
  • Flash Custom ROMs
Requirements (click on softwares below to download):
Procedure (for flashing Firmwares):
  • Download all (software) requirements to a folder
  • Download the files/folder to be flashed to a folder ( Here is the Stock ROM for Canvas 4: http://www.tusfiles.net/agbdwr69sc8s )
  • Extract it to a folder (this is the extracted firmware for this guide)
  • Install drivers & extract SP Flash Tool to a folder
  • Open Flash_tool.exe
  • Click Scatter-loading
  • Select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (for Canvas 4) found in extracted firmware
  • Click Download button or press F9
  • Shutdown your Canvas 4 and connect it with Micro USB to PC running the Flash Tool
  • See it flashing before your eyes and wait for a green circle to show up on your PC to indicate successful flashing.
  • Restart phone and Done!
To be added:
Screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yash98

Aug 14, 2012
XDA-Developers
CWM Recovery Flashing (through SP Flash Tool) (for Canvas 4)
and Rooting without root exploit by flashing root file through CWM Recovery

Procedure (for flashing CWM Recovery):
  • Download CWM Recovery for Canvas 4 (Click here)
  • Open Flash_tool.exe
  • Click Scatter-loading
  • Select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (for Canvas 4) found in extracted CWM Recovery
  • Shutdown your Canvas 4 and connect it with Micro USB to PC running the Flash Tool
  • See it flashing before your eyes and wait for a green circle to show up on your PC to indicate successful flashing.
Procedure (for rooting without root exploit):
  • Download root file and copy it to SDCard (without extracting!)
  • Boot to CWM Recovery ( Steps: )
    • Shutdown phone
    • Press Volume Up+Volume Down (together)
    • Navigate to the Recovery option and press Volume Down
  • Go to install zip from sdcard
  • Select SuperUser zip
  • Reboot and Done!
Why root without root exploit?
  • Always works without fuss
  • No PC required once setup
  • Secure and Safer

kishu210

May 4, 2014
HELP

i was flasing stock rom v3 but mistakenly usb cord was dissconected now my phone is not responding and not recognized by my pc

What is SP Flash Tool?
It is MediaTek's answer to low level flashing OEM softwares like ODIN, Androxyde Flashtool, etc.
Such softwares can be used to backup and restore every piece of software on your MTK NAND Chips...
These softwares can thus can almost revive your phone from the dead or fix many problems or flash ROMs or kernels, etc.​
SP Flash Tool Guide
Features:
  • Fixes the WiFi and Bluetooth (only software problem), created due to some wrong permissions.
  • Flash CWM Recovery
  • Flash Custom ROMs
  • Flash Stock Firmwares.
  • Flash Custom ROMs
  • Download the files/folder to be flashed to a folder ( Here is the Stock ROM for Canvas 4: Mod edit: Link removed)
  • Open Flash_tool.exe
  • Click Scatter-loading
  • Select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (for Canvas 4) found in extracted firmware
To be added:
Screenshots.

hi, i flashed my rom as you said, it was succesful, but one big bug is there after flashing my C4 IMEI numbers become invalid. some how i find solution for it in XDA and i used *#*#3646633#*#* and i i done IMEI problem,, and the main problem is i am staying in bangalore, i have 2 sims both are 3G supported and i used those 3G in my C4 before flashing,," NOW IF I ENABLE WCDMA only MODE NETWORK SOWS NO SERVICE", I Tryed in both sims but no results.. if i use same sims in my other android its working good in WCDMA Mode..AND MAIN POINT IS I USED SAME SIM IN THIS SAME MOBILE YESTERDAY ONLY BEFORE FLASING ON WCDMA MODE ... PLEASE FIND OUT SOME SOLUTION<>:<>><

Last edited by a moderator:

mmnayesha

Dec 14, 2014
not working

hi, i flashed my rom as you said, it was succesful, but one big bug is there after flashing my C4 IMEI numbers become invalid. some how i find solution for it in XDA and i used *#*#3646633#*#* and i i done IMEI problem,, and the main problem is i am staying in bangalore, i have 2 sims both are 3G supported and i used those 3G in my C4 before flashing,," NOW IF I ENABLE WCDMA only MODE NETWORK SOWS NO SERVICE", I Tryed in both sims but no results.. if i use same sims in my other android its working good in WCDMA Mode..AND MAIN POINT IS I USED SAME SIM IN THIS SAME MOBILE YESTERDAY ONLY BEFORE FLASING ON WCDMA MODE ... PLEASE FIND OUT SOME SOLUTION<>:<>><

how much time it takes for flashinf, after following all your steps :confusedtool is stuck on the same think for almost 20 min, please help me and let me know what i can do:confused:

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
Seems i bricked it

I was earlier a user of this device and had tried several ROMs. Was experimenting with few custom ROM's on my friends device (Canvas 4)

After flashing a ROM (S5 ROM) posted on this forum, i was getting some errors in CWM:

can't mount /cache/recovery/log

and it refused to flash anymore ROM's.Left with no other option, i thought of flashing back the stock ROM and then rooting agn to flash a custom rom.

However, even the stock ROM didn't flash, i was getting an error

BROM ERROR : S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

I googled a bit and some forums suggested to format flash tp resolve this error. I did that and that worked and got a green circle with Format Ok.

Again, i tried flashing the stock ROM and now got a new error in SP Tools:

BROM ERROR: S_DL_PMT_ERR_NO_SPACE (5069)

I am stuck at this point and not able to flash the stock ROM. After loading the scatter file, only flashing of Preloader works. Remaining all is stuck.

Running a memory test on SP tools gives an error that

NAND FLASH WAS NOT DETECTED

Please help me out, i have spoiled my friends device and need to fix it ASAP.

The masters here, please help out - @shiv.guddadmath @kannanrs @gamerboy_010 @rishivg @FSadino @pranjal18 @NeroD @rahilj007 @Yash98 @jayadev01

Last edited:

kannanrs

Apr 27, 2011
@satsmagic,

I encountered this and if i remember right, this has been reported before. S5 Rom does spoil the recovery and it is repairable.
With SPTools, use the Firmware Upgrade option instead of the Download. This will set it right and try a stock rom first. I used Pranjal's ROM and it worked. Please try and report. Of course, you can flash any rom after that.

Greetings...

Reactions: satsmagic

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
@satsmagic,

I encountered this and if i remember right, this has been reported before. S5 Rom does spoil the recovery and it is repairable.
With SPTools, use the Firmware Upgrade option instead of the Download. This will set it right and try a stock rom first. I used Pranjal's ROM and it worked. Please try and report. Of course, you can flash any rom after that.

Greetings...

@kannanrs thanks for replyiing back, i think i had tried that on stock ROM but i tried again using Pranjal's ROM, doesnt work :crying::crying:

Please see the error screen attached

seems m stuck badly and lost it:(:crying:

If i do download only, i get Error 5069 (S_DL_PMT_ERR_NO_SPACE)
the red and purple bars do complete 100% in both cases

And i used S5 ROM from the below link by @rishivg, it never said it breaks the recovery
http://xdaforums.com/canvas-4/development/samsung-galaxy-s5-rom-a210-t3324837

Last edited:

kannanrs

Apr 27, 2011
@satsmagic

Almost all, that flashed the S5 rom released by me, encountered this problem, including me. But the rom bettered all expectations.
And only when we need to check another rom did we encounter this.

This happened to me at all times when i tested this rom for answering the questions then. Its now 4 months that my canvas4 died a graceful death and beyond repair. So I am unable to test and tell you. Rishi can dare to test and report this and probably drive a nail to end this problem for you, if he can afford to risk a bit and probably rubal and vikas who helped me when this happened. I will ask them to comment also....

Theres a thread in the A116 or A110 forum which i will share here soon...

Cheers!!!!

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
@satsmagic

Almost all, that flashed the S5 rom released by me, encountered this problem, including me. But the rom bettered all expectations.
And only when we need to check another rom did we encounter this.

This happened to me at all times when i tested this rom for answering the questions then. Its now 4 months that my canvas4 died a graceful death and beyond repair. So I am unable to test and tell you. Rishi can dare to test and report this and probably drive a nail to end this problem for you, if he can afford to risk a bit and probably rubal and vikas who helped me when this happened. I will ask them to comment also....

Theres a thread in the A116 or A110 forum which i will share here soon...

Cheers!!!!

sure @kannanrs, let me know, i wil also check with the service center. BUt they rather take it as a hardware issue and dnt undrstnd software issues.

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
@satsmagic,

dunno how to classify this issue either hardware or software, but it gave us a jolt, nonethless..

Greetings...

as expected the srvice center guy said, prblm with motherboard, get it replaced, i dnt think so. SP tools still detects the phone and flashes preloader, then comes error 5068

On searching for the NAND FLASH WAS NOT DETECTED, i found on some forums that if we have a back up of FLash from other device with stock ROM then it can be helpful, see below link (post #33 & 34)

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/foru...NAND-Flash-MT6589-MT6577-MT6582-MT6572?page=4

I presume stock rom should have that but still can someone provide me the same as mentioned in these post. M not sure hw to make tht backup but if anyone here knows that

or a back up using MTK Droid Root and Tools, see below link, it says if its detected its not dead

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943442

see this post as well

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58815549&postcount=15

might be a back up can help me

Last edited:

kannanrs

Apr 27, 2011
@satsmagic,

Thank you for the reply...Will share the link for stock rom with you from the source sites.
Canvas4 forum also has some of them..rooted stock to pranjal's that serve the purpose.

Cheers...

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
@satsmagic,

Thank you for the reply...Will share the link for stock rom with you from the source sites.
Canvas4 forum also has some of them..rooted stock to pranjal's that serve the purpose.

Cheers...

i have stock ROM, but that doesn't sort out the prblm.

i think a back up from MTK Droid tool would help, is that different than the stock ROM. Can someone make a backup of the stock ROMusing this tool and provide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is SP Flash Tool?
    SP Flash Tool Guide
    Features:
    • Flash CWM Recovery
    • Flash Custom ROMs
    • Flash Stock Firmwares.
    • Flash Custom ROMs
    • Download the files/folder to be flashed to a folder ( Here is the Stock ROM for Canvas 4: http://www.tusfiles.net/agbdwr69sc8s )
    • Open Flash_tool.exe
    • Click Scatter-loading
    To be added:
    Screenshots.
    @satsmagic,

Greetings...