[Q] any input lag?

Search This thread

miniminc98

Jul 24, 2014
I really want to buy this phone but I see just a little input lag throughout the UI when I watch videos. I'm not telling about choppy FPS, I'm talking about the time it takes for the screen to react to your touch. I wanted to know if there is any screen input lag when it comes to gaming on the phone. I currently have the galaxy note II and the input lag is absurd, so I definitely do not want to get another phone like that. I'd be grateful for any response you guys could give me, thanks.

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
Got my phone today and installed a few games including some fps games. No input lag noticed. Funny the only lag I have seen are in the UI like setting or LG's own apps. Even then it is so fast the lag doesn't feel as much as lag as a rendering bug. Something that will probably be fixed soon..

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
I really want to buy this phone but I see just a little input lag throughout the UI when I watch videos. I'm not telling about choppy FPS, I'm talking about the time it takes for the screen to react to your touch. I wanted to know if there is any screen input lag when it comes to gaming on the phone. I currently have the galaxy note II and the input lag is absurd, so I definitely do not want to get another phone like that. I'd be grateful for any response you guys could give me, thanks.

Any answer you get is going to depend on the person's prior device. I haven't tried any games, but just navigating around the phone it feels like it has slight input lag when compared to the M8 and Droid Maxx, and even the S5. It's not bad, but it feels like it's there to me (and yes I have all of those right now :/)

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
There's definitely some input lag..unfortunately

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marlowe310

Nov 20, 2012
is that input lag limited to the LG launcher/UI, or does it persist when using lighter third-party launchers? Thanks for any info. Coming from a Droid Razr Maxx I'm sure it'll be a huge step up no matter what, but I have dreams of a perfectly responsive phone that I find hard to let go of.

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
is that input lag limited to the LG launcher/UI, or does it persist when using lighter third-party launchers? Thanks for any info. Coming from a Droid Razr Maxx I'm sure it'll be a huge step up no matter what, but I have dreams of a perfectly responsive phone that I find hard to let go of.

Something like Nova helps overall responsiveness, but it's hard to say if it helps the input lag or not.

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
I am coming from a Note 3. Like I said before not a lot of lag. Funny I was thinking of this thread when the last reply came I. I disabled all the Amazon crap except kindle (good off reader). Now it runs smooth as my note. Feels like it should now. Helps with battery also. I have been using the phone intensely for the last three hours switching between apps and all playing music, videos, internet browsing and even running a intensive music visualizer and it has become buttery smooth.

Funny one thing over looked in most reviews is the sound quality. Even with one speaker on the back the sound is very good. LG really put a lot of work into the phone.

I think it was Verizon's push to put that Amazon crap on all their phones that hurts it. First thing I would do after getting any phone from Verizon is disable it.

sunNsnow

Dec 16, 2009

I definitely noticed input lags when playing Bejeweled Blitz. No rhyme or reason.

Update:

Got rid of the lag by freezing a bunch of bloatware apps.

Update 2:

I have to press harder on the screen in order for the game to respond sometimes. Not the light touch, but really press and slide in order for the gems to move in the correct direction. It seems to happen more often on the middle left and slightly above that area of the phone.

Last edited:

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
I have noticed that some games on 1080p devices seem to have a harder time registering where the touch is. Using a stylist I have no issues on any of the devices. Seems to be that the software can not decide where you touch and just ignores it. Happens in Chrome when not zoomed in sometimes also. On all those devices. Not just the G3.

Note 3, Asus TF701t, LG G3 all had this issue. It also happens only on the more poorly written programs. Very few higher end games had any problems.

Hope this helps.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I don't have any input lag really on my G3. I've uninstalled everything I can think of using TiBu after I ran the phone with them frozen for a few days... Plus I turned Animation Scales down to 0 In Dev Options.. .5 I didn't notice any lag either though.

I use Nova and I Swype with a themed Android L keyboard. Smooth!!!

- Sent From My G3

giri0n

Apr 16, 2012
SoCal Baby

I've had my Verizon G3 a week now, and I've not had any noticeable lag on anything; I'm using Nova, turned down animations to 0.5x, and am stock and rooted. I use the Android L slide animations in Nova as well, and everything is quick and snappy. My G2 was great, but with a custom ROM, Xposed module, and a few other tweaks, I noticed that I would get some input lag, especially when hitting the "recents" key - it would literally pause for 2-3 seconds and then bring up my list of open apps. And I didn't have like 22 open running apps either. I would get SystemUI force closes periodically; think it was just Xposed not playing nice with my ROM (for some inexplicable reason)

Anywho, my G3 is by far and away the snappiest most responsive device I've had. The only thing that gave me input lag was putting the tempered glass screenie on...for the first few days I had to mash everything to get it to work. Now that its settled on things are back to normal.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Any answer you get is going to depend on the person's prior device. I haven't tried any games, but just navigating around the phone it feels like it has slight input lag when compared to the M8 and Droid Maxx, and even the S5. It's not bad, but it feels like it's there to me (and yes I have all of those right now :/)

There's definitely some input lag..unfortunately

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've had my Verizon G3 a week now, and I've not had any noticeable lag on anything; I'm using Nova, turned down animations to 0.5x, and am stock and rooted. I use the Android L slide animations in Nova as well, and everything is quick and snappy. My G2 was great, but with a custom ROM, Xposed module, and a few other tweaks, I noticed that I would get some input lag, especially when hitting the "recents" key - it would literally pause for 2-3 seconds and then bring up my list of open apps. And I didn't have like 22 open running apps either. I would get SystemUI force closes periodically; think it was just Xposed not playing nice with my ROM (for some inexplicable reason)

Anywho, my G3 is by far and away the snappiest most responsive device I've had. The only thing that gave me input lag was putting the tempered glass screenie on...for the first few days I had to mash everything to get it to work. Now that its settled on things are back to normal.

after searching, and reading numerous threads, i found @jntdroid almost sums up my question in a statement. :p
any perceived lag is relevant to your previous devices.
my current/previous DD is my G2, running slim rom (for many months, so i dont have reference to kk stock).
my G3 (got today new from swappa) seems (no doubt) way less responsive than the G2.

can anyone provide any more exact reference to help me decide if i should call this a lemon or accept it as common.

thanks for any input!!

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
after searching, and reading numerous threads, i found @jntdroid almost sums up my question in a statement. :p
my current/previous DD is my G2, running slim rom (for many months, so i dont have reference to kk stock).
my G3 (got today new from swappa) seems (no doubt) way less responsive than the G2.

can anyone provide any more exact reference to help me decide if i should call this a lemon or accept it as common.

thanks for any input!!

It's common from every bit of my experiences around the g3, my own or the few around me that other people own. Granted there are a few who say they don't experience lag at all ans blast me for mentioning it (I call b.s.).

Couple that with the lack features, removal of features/options..and it's disappointing. LG kind of choked IMO. I'll be moving on to the Note 4.

Reactions: bweN diorD

litrekid

Sep 5, 2010
I'm coming from a stock g2 and it is noticeable. It just lags throughout the launcher. I haven't tried another because I actually like the features on the stock one. Just hoping they come up with an update to fix.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: bweN diorD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks for any input!!

It's common from every bit of my experiences around the g3, my own or the few around me that other people own. Granted there are a few who say they don't experience lag at all ans blast me for mentioning it (I call b.s.).

Couple that with the lack features, removal of features/options..and it's disappointing. LG kind of choked IMO. I'll be moving on to the Note 4.
    I'm coming from a stock g2 and it is noticeable. It just lags throughout the launcher. I haven't tried another because I actually like the features on the stock one. Just hoping they come up with an update to fix.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk