[ROM][BUG]ROM to determine the origin of SoDs bug present on Zeus ROM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, I expect that mrs. reinbeau doesn't close this post, I feel it necessary in order to solve the main problem of my ROM.

This post is intended to all of you that have the problems so called SoD (Screen of Death), when the phone sleeps but don't awake... and the frozen screen problems too...

It's a new ROM progressively created from scratch in order to determine where is the problem.

Please, use it and comment here if the SoD issues are gone or remains; everything you want to say but ONLY RELATED TO THIS PROBLEM.

The instructions are easy:

- If you come from Test 2, or Test 2.1, simply flash Zeus v5 Lite over it. It won't wipe your data.
    - Otherwise, make a wipe data / factory reset before flashing Zeus v5 Lite
    - AFTER INSTALL IT, IN BOTH CASES, FORMAT /CACHE (--> mounts and storage --> format /cache).

- Once you have Zeus v5 lite, directly flash Zeus v5.03 over it.

- Zeus Test 2 (full wipe, complete ROM): d7fc02c423df42ecbdc4a9a2a0f7255c - Mirror
    - Zeus Test 2.1 (dalvik and cache wipe, complete ROM): a3c20899db2d59e09fab60dd6aeb6094 - Mirror
    - Zeus v5 Lite (dalvik and cache wipe, complete ROM): c55155a8aac4e5300b8239c08e739bd6 - Mirror
    - Zeus v5.01 Lite (dalvik and cache wipe, update to Zeus v5 lite): 9a2907c9aec64857495fec093495afd1 - Mirror
    - Zeus v5.02 Lite (dalvik and cache wipe, update to Zeus v5 lite): eee81e29f285d261fe442a370bb4dffb - Mirror
    - Zeus v5.03 Lite (dalvik and cache wipe, update to Zeus v5 lite): f52fc7b9c2534da91c09f937c13b13f5 - Mirror

Changelog:

Test 2: Initial base ROM lightwighted, with original kernel and some opts.
    Test 2.1: Fully themed Test 2, additional cleaning and some opts.
    Zeus 5 lite: Prerelease, test it please... It has a lite zeus script, txpower, some opts, new Google Play Store...
    Zeus 5.01 lite: To flash over Zeus 5 lite. Stock kernel recompiled with Linaro (unaltered, with stock configuration), with a new runtime parameter to enable/disable led dimming (thanks to sergey1369) and with led supply current reduced in a 20% to save battery. Updated zeus script with options to enable/disable led dimming and to change lockscreen. Fixes symlink to 'cp' busybox command.
    Zeus 5.02 lite: To flash over Zeus 5 or 5.01 lite. Same features as 5.01 + cache again with ext4, new optimized mount options and fixed the auto enable/disable dimming at boot.
    Zeus 5.03 lite: To flash over Zeus 5, 5.01 or 5.02 lite. Same features as 5.02 + new governors(interactiveX, Smartass2 and OndemandX[default]) + deadline + total control of the leds (high intensity, low intensity, enable/disable dim, timer) + txpower stock by default (touch it if you want) + runtime enable/disable fsync() enabled by default + upgraded zeus script... look into it!

Regards and thanks!
    Ok, having met this point, i'm going to create a ROM with different flavours... something like Lite and Advanced versions.

- Lite version will be with stock kernel, and it will come by default with no opts, like marvel one, to bring people a ROM without issues and fully themed with Zeus flavour. Although it will be possible to activate certain ops and addons through a Lite Zeus Script. Due to the use of stock kernel, it will lack tun.ko to make vpn, will lack sync control, more governors and schedulers, etc...

- Advanced version will be with my own stable kernel, and with the full set of optional opts through Zeus script.

- Maybe I will lauch too experimental kernels to people with Advanced version.

All the ROMs will be based on V20N European Open ROM.

I'm going to retire all the opts from boot.img and place it at the ROM (via init.d or another way...) to make easier to enable/disable options.

Thats all.

Regards.
    Hi dudes!

Here comes Beta3:

7314e48c0959fd2c19f6227fe1bbbbf7

In this release there are memory tweaks and new option in zeus script to restore certain stock apks.

If this goes well, then I'll launch Zeus v6 Final...

To flash it, first wipe cache.

PD: Are there anybody with video problems on gtalk 1.3 or gplus?

Regards.
    @huexxx

For your browser bug, it's "ro.build.lge.version.release" in build.prop. If you renamed it to Zeus by Huexxx or similar, try reverting it to orig name "LG-P970-V20o". You may include Zeus to ever which line, but you can't totally rename. Example "LG-P970-V20o-Zeus-V6"..

For your betatesters, they can try it, save then reboot.

Regards!
    Hi dudes!

I've recreated v5.03 lite from scratch but with new V20O base.

I need BETATESTERS that have already tested V5.03 lite to test this new version and comment if is better/worse/same.

Since is a new base, to ensure that there's no SoDs problem, BETATESTERS must be people with SoDs in the past with v3.x or v4.x and with them solved at v5.0x...

Please, contact me through MP.

Regards!