[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tsuda

1st install was a cache wipe which didnt work so i went back and did a factory reset/data wipe and flashed the rom base then essentials. with problems from that i did another wipe. installed essentials then the base then the essentials again which is redundant but i saw another person post he flashed like that and didn't have problems and i still got issues.

What issues do you have?

Have you tried the following,

1. wipe (if required, not if from 2.6)
2. install essentials
3. reboot recovery (under advanced)
4. install base ROM
5. install essentials

Phaze13

Nov 20, 2008
(Sorry Krarvind, this ROM is on my list to try but haven't gotten to it yet. Looking forward to it though.)

You should, this ROM is way slick, fastest, smoothest ICS ROM I've tried on the Captivate. Getting used to the Zeam launcher but I think I like it now.

Krarvind,

Sorry if I missed it. Will the wifi fix Flash-able (framework-res) in the I9000 thread work with the captivate?

Thanks!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
You should, this ROM is way slick, fastest, smoothest ICS ROM I've tried on the Captivate. Getting used to the Zeam launcher but I think I like it now.

Krarvind,

Sorry if I missed it. Will the wifi fix Flash-able (framework-res) in the I9000 thread work with the captivate?

Thanks!

yes. Common base thats why

Sent from my Crespo using xda premium

tvu815

Aug 6, 2007
there is post about tapping the phone slightly on the bacck, some hardware issue they were saying. pls chekc my i9000 thread.
Thanks! Seems to be working now. Very funny that I was getting this issue just as I flashed this rom for the first time... and someone else also had the same issue.

Quick question, does flashing the Captivate essentials restore me back to the default kernel that was included since I'm on glitch? Or is there an easier way?

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Thanks! Seems to be working now. Very funny that I was getting this issue just as I flashed this rom for the first time... and someone else also had the same issue.

Quick question, does flashing the Captivate essentials restore me back to the default kernel that was included since I'm on glitch? Or is there an easier way?

yes it will. can you link me the post abt tapping, i will put it up in 3rd post.

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
Just flashed this. I TBed my txt message conversations and now messaging fc whenever I try to open any specific thread?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

razvanadrian

Feb 27, 2011

hi, that was my post with tapping on the back but i have this issue for 2-3 months now...i looked for it when i first got it and they say it's a common hardware issue for cappy...so for now on you better check your cappy from time to time maybe you're silent unwillingly :)

btw if you find a solution to permanently fix this let me know. thx

Reactions: krarvind

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
hi, that was my post with tapping on the back but i have this issue for 2-3 months now...i looked for it when i first got it and they say it's a common hardware issue for cappy...so for now on you better check your cappy from time to time maybe you're silent unwillingly :)

your soln has been added to 3rd post.

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago

I believe I saw a fix a while back search in captivate general something about screws being to tight. If I was on computer I would try finding. If you don't find anything I will try to find tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

elmerct

Dec 1, 2010
Works for me. No problems whatsoever with this rom. Awesome work!!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Graysonh

Nov 6, 2010
Goderich
I'm currently on KK4. What do I need to do to flash this? I've been looking around and I'm confused if I have to do a series of things or if I can just wipe data/factory reset.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......