[Q] My Galaxy s3 GT-i9300 refuses to boot into any Roms apart from stock touchwiz

Search This thread
Jun 5, 2012
My phone isn't bricked, however, it will not work at all on any other Rom. I have tried three Roms now but I can only get my phone to boot into the stock Touchwiz, and since I cannot update my phone because it is rooted, I am stuck on 4.1.2. I really badly want a different Rom but my phone is not letting me boot into any. My phone seems to get past the initial samsung galaxy s3 splash screen but then stays on the Rom's boot screen indefinitely causing me to boot into recovery and restore a backup.

Some background info: I originally rooted after downgrading my phone due to the buggy 4.3 update but was not intended to root, I only did because my phone then stopped allowing connection and I had to root to flash a new baseband version that was compatible. I then went through a lot of trouble as I flashed back to my original baseband version of I9300XXELLA but it did not work so I googled and found that I could download I9300DDEMG2 baseband version, it was my only shot so I did it and now connection works, but I am worried that this could be a contributer to my problem, I tried flashing back I9300XXELLA before flashing a new Rom but it did nothing.

-Yes, I am on the latest version of my recovery (CWM 6.0.4.6)

-I have tried; Cyanogenmod, Omega Rom and Resurrection Remix and all three did the same thing.

-I downloaded GetRIL but that says I am on incompatible baseband and RIL versions but it seems to never change when (I think at least) it is on the correct version.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Do a factory reset, format internal sd and flash the latest 4.3 stock using odin, factory reset again afterward.

If everything is okay then flash philz recovery using odin.

Fresh download of your custom rom, check md5 then flash with philz.

Again factory reset, format internal sd and allow first boot for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

Jun 5, 2012
Do a factory reset, format internal sd and flash the latest 4.3 stock using odin, factory reset again afterward.

If everything is okay then flash philz recovery using odin.

Fresh download of your custom rom, check md5 then flash with philz.

Again factory reset, format internal sd and allow first boot for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

Where is a stock ROM that I could use and (excuse my noobyness) what is Philz?