Free UNLOCK N7105

Search This thread

schwabbele

Dec 8, 2013
It happened to me also this week, all of a sudden my Note2 gave me that Network lock message, I was also using CM 13 and phone was unlocked(using this method) more than 3 years back and has been working fine since then. Now even if I try to go back to TW, i don't get required option to unlock the phone.

Hi,

same thing here.
I unlocked the network lock about 3 years ago and am running cyanogenmod since then.
I upgraded from cm-12 to cm-13 about a month ago -- everything was fine and I could use the SIM card.
Since about some days now (since about june 24 maybe) the SIM isn't working any more and I get the network lock message.
Although I've the network unlock code, it doesn't work on cyanogenmod.
Seems that I've to downgrade to a samsung stock rom.

Any ideas what's going on here?

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
Hi,

same thing here.
I unlocked the network lock about 3 years ago and am running cyanogenmod since then.
I upgraded from cm-12 to cm-13 about a month ago -- everything was fine and I could use the SIM card.
Since about some days now (since about june 24 maybe) the SIM isn't working any more and I get the network lock message.
Although I've the network unlock code, it doesn't work on cyanogenmod.
Seems that I've to downgrade to a samsung stock rom.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Not sure exactly, but it is possible that one of the application most of us are using(wondering which one) cleared the NV flag somehow.
To restore just follow the instructions posted above.

ur98

Jun 2, 2016
Hello, ive tried this a few times now and all I get is "not registered on network"

I really need to get my phone unlocked as its not worth paying for such an old phone to be unlocked.

gol_galad

Jul 28, 2016
So it is not only I who have this problem with sudden simlock (it happened to me on 26th July), although I fixed it around 3 years ago on older android version.
On GT-N7105 LTE, currently researching around downgrading 4.4.2 to 4.1.1 in order to unlock the phone. As a newb, for now I managed only to properly root the phone. using Unified Android Toolkit 1.5.2 - this program got me through step by step.

Right now I am preparing to flash 4.1.2, then 4.1.1, from "[N7105] Stock ROM for N7105, Guide for installation & Root." thread, then do as instructed here.

EDIT: Uh-Oh, turns out links in thread with ROMs are DEAD. Stuck at samsung-updates, which uses rapidgator. Downloading 1 stock at 60KB/s and with faulty connection. Sweet.

Last edited:

gol_galad

Jul 28, 2016
Managed to successfuly unlock the phone - SFR GT-N7105 LTE.
It worked to downgrade straight from 4.4.2 to 4.1.1 from EE, which I got from sammobile database, EVR. Weirdly, 4.3 and 4.1.2 failed - thought about trying to do this step by step, until I tried 4.1.1.
Used TWRP and SuperSU to root, everything done with Skipsoft Android Toolkit. After downgrade you have to root again and probably you will want to flash it into 4.4.2 - I recommend fresh ROM, thing which caused simlock might come back if backup was to be used, probably.

My research into what caused it makes me believe it was Facebook Messenger app, that is the only recent thing to ask me for permission to have access to SIM card - this if done uncorrectly, causes phone to lock up, with unlock codes (probably) NOT WORKING.

And few stupid problems I had which gave me a bit of a pain:
If custom recovery fails to install, then do as instructed in Skipsoft toolkit with option which mentions to use it if it fails from main menu(probably 7).
Phone not properly detected on PC - go to Device Management and set specific Android Samsung Driver(not exact name, but something like that) to use it by manually choosing it.
Always make sure that your phone has USB debugging ON and your PC authorized(this not needed at 4.1.1 though).
If phone is stuck at bootloop (samsung logo constantly flashing for few minutes +) after downgrade, then get into recovery mode (you will notice that it got back to factory) and wipe data and cache, then reboot.

larry-

Jul 31, 2015
I'm using RRemix. I've had this happen twice now. 1st time was on version 5.7.0 and during the last weekend on 5.7.1.
I'm using the kernel and SU included in the ROM.

I no longer use the Facebook messenger app. Whatever caused it for me was something else.

Managed to successfuly unlock the phone - SFR GT-N7105 LTE.
It worked to downgrade straight from 4.4.2 to 4.1.1 from EE, which I got from sammobile database, EVR. Weirdly, 4.3 and 4.1.2 failed - thought about trying to do this step by step, until I tried 4.1.1.
Used TWRP and SuperSU to root, everything done with Skipsoft Android Toolkit. After downgrade you have to root again and probably you will want to flash it into 4.4.2 - I recommend fresh ROM, thing which caused simlock might come back if backup was to be used, probably.

My research into what caused it makes me believe it was Facebook Messenger app, that is the only recent thing to ask me for permission to have access to SIM card - this if done uncorrectly, causes phone to lock up, with unlock codes (probably) NOT WORKING.

And few stupid problems I had which gave me a bit of a pain:
If custom recovery fails to install, then do as instructed in Skipsoft toolkit with option which mentions to use it if it fails from main menu(probably 7).
Phone not properly detected on PC - go to Device Management and set specific Android Samsung Driver(not exact name, but something like that) to use it by manually choosing it.
Always make sure that your phone has USB debugging ON and your PC authorized(this not needed at 4.1.1 though).
If phone is stuck at bootloop (samsung logo constantly flashing for few minutes +) after downgrade, then get into recovery mode (you will notice that it got back to factory) and wipe data and cache, then reboot.

smallmj

Nov 29, 2013
So I'm about to unlock my old Note 2 for my wife to use while we are on vacation. For those who have lost the unlock, did it happen when you flashed a new ROM or during normal usage? She would be pretty frustrated if the locked message came up while we are in different parts of a foreign city. Should I just pick up a cheap phone for her instead?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
So I'm about to unlock my old Note 2 for my wife to use while we are on vacation. For those who have lost the unlock, did it happen when you flashed a new ROM or during normal usage? She would be pretty frustrated if the locked message came up while we are in different parts of a foreign city. Should I just pick up a cheap phone for her instead?
Can't you borrow a sim from another carrier now after unlock ? From a friend or just walk into a store and ask them ? You can say you just want to make sure the phone is compatible with their network.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Look at the post below to test if it's unlocked.
Just a fyi for you. The phone well not relock after flashing a Rom or anything like that ok. I did it to my T889 and the sim unlock stays intact after any type of flashing.

Good luck with the unlock...
Can't you borrow a sim from another carrier now after unlock ? From a friend or just walk into a store and ask them ? You can say you just want to make sure the phone is compatible with their network.

jaggyjagz

Oct 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC, CANADA eh.
Hey guys I am having the exact same problem. I am seeing the dreaded SIM lock Presto message on my T-mobile Samsung Note 2 after upgrading to a 6.0.0x custom rom going from my previous 4.1.2 custom rom. Is there any way to restore the unlock without having to reflash down to older versions?? Please help if you have any ideas!!

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Hey guys I am having the exact same problem. I am seeing the dreaded SIM lock Presto message on my T-mobile Samsung Note 2 after upgrading to a 6.0.0x custom rom going from my previous 4.1.2 custom rom. Is there any way to restore the unlock without having to reflash down to older versions?? Please help if you have any ideas!!
You can try the modem downgrade to see if you can access the hidden menu. This upgrade was stock ota? Or is that a CM build?

jaggyjagz

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks for the response. Using a CM based rom I believe, [ROM][t0lte][6.0.1]Team OctOs Oct-M for the Note 2.

What do you mean by modem downgrade? You mean go back to a 4.1.2 custom ROM or some other way to enable hidden menu? FYI on baseband T889UVBMD1. Cheers

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Thanks for the response. Using a CM based rom I believe, [ROM][t0lte][6.0.1]Team OctOs Oct-M for the Note 2.

What do you mean by modem downgrade? You mean go back to a 4.1.2 custom ROM or some other way to enable hidden menu? FYI on baseband T889UVBMD1. Cheers

If I'm not mistaken your on the older modem and should be able to get into that hidden menu with the *#19286...#*
If that don't work then you can also use this to get to the hidden menu part.

Edit: @kozmo21 is your best bet to help you with your tmo N2 since he's still using that device and can help you with what you need.

Last edited:

jaggyjagz

Oct 15, 2012
Tried the Secret Code Explorer but all of them end up going to a blank "Service Menu" page with just two fields on a menu: "Input" and "Quit". For some reason the service menu became inoperable when changing my custom rom to 6.0 - Now am I forced to ODIN back to a stock 4.1.2 firmware, re-root, and go from scratch? I almost feel like it isn't worth the hassle with this old phone anymore..

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010

If you like the CM ROM that you're on, you can just make a backup of it, then do the unlock and restore the CM.

You'll need to flash a stock TW ROM and install the 4.1.1 modem (T889UVALJ1) to get to that menu. Don't know if the links in the T-Mobile section from teshx are still working, but you should be able to find the stock ROM's on Sammobile site?

Once you get it unlocked, just do a restore from the backup of your CM and you should be good to go :good:

jaggyjagz

Oct 15, 2012
Great thanks Kozmo. Did some reading and was able to downgrade the modem, run the code, unlock the phone. Now I am just worried that if I install any other CM 5x or 6x ROM it might come back again. Any ROM in particular that you recommend to upgrade to? Cheers!

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010
Great thanks Kozmo. Did some reading and was able to downgrade the modem, run the code, unlock the phone. Now I am just worried that if I install any other CM 5x or 6x ROM it might come back again. Any ROM in particular that you recommend to upgrade to? Cheers!

I wouldn't worry about it happening again. There has only been a few cases where this has happened... and besides, you know how to fix it now :good:

My favorite CM 6.0.1 ROM is wilsons , it has been the most stable for me. But there are a few others that are good too... personal preference. If you want to stay on a TW ROM, of course I'd recommend DN4 :D But I'm a little bias there lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PDF file now attached...

Please read the whole thread if you can or at least the whole OP down to the bottom before asking questions as your question might have already been answered... Thank you...

############################################

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

#############################################

I can confirm the unlock survives ROM flashing

#############################################

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (if 4.1.1 does not work, try 4.1.0) otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel :cyclops: ...

NOTICE:

To those having "Conditional Call Forwarding" pop up message or similar pop ups appear everytime you make a call (but they disappear within a few seconds), this is normal with an old sim card, or when using a ported number. There is no restriction to calls or internet or whatever. This is confirmed by my provider when I walked in and asked them about it. They even showed me one of their sample Note 2's and S3's having the same message.

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.
    It seems that 4.1.1 it was there, but they removed it in 4.1.2 (just last week) -- and, naturally, I only decided to travel to the US (and hence looked for unlocking howto) after I upgraded ;)

If that's the case, obviously Samsung is taking out this option. If so, like BajanMan said, flash previous version using ODIN and then unlock your Note 2.

Speaking of Previous Version, you can find previous Firmwares over at SamMobile. It seems you are in Luck. They have KIES Version of 4.1.1 for your NOTE 2. This should be walk in a park as you don't have to use ODIN. Just use KIES to go backwards. Unlock it and then go back Forward again.

Kindly hit the Thanks button if this was useful.
    Hey guys, I just wanted to know is this a permanent unlock. I mean if I go back to stock will it reset my sins as well? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

You need to go to church to reset your sins, not stock! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    This is really GREAT NEWS ...

Have anyone tried to see if it still works after the FACTORY RESET.

I did a factory reset on my AT&T model and the unlock was still intact!
    Can anyone confirm that this is a full sim unlock?

I have tried 3, O2, giffgaff, and an Asian roaming sim and the phone have signal and does not prompt for network password like it did before unlocking...