i8190N problem with NO read sim card. IMEI is NULL, Service menu is BLANK. Pls help

Search This thread

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
link for multiple firmware for i8190N

Is it here someone as know where I can find multiple firmware for my model (csc, modem, pda, boot and .PIT)? I want try RE-Partition and flash that firmware if help me little bit. Thanks

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
Last edited:

ImproAptoVictum

Feb 2, 2013
There I can find just one package firmware md5.tar :(

second question:
in emulator I must this link: adb shell echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
put exact with all spaces?

If I put exact: adb shell echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
there is respond: /system/bin/sh: can´t create /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
Permission denied

Once you have downloaded and extracted the firmware package, change the file extension of the .md5 file by deleting .md5, so from "...HOME.tar.md5" to "...HOME.tar" and extract it.

Yes, exactly character by character including the spaces (only single spaces).
Once you write "adb shell su" and hit enter, your superuser app should notify you about a request for privileges from the Android Terminal Emulator app, which you have to grant.

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
Once you have downloaded and extracted the firmware package, change the file extension of the .md5 file by deleting .md5, so from "...HOME.tar.md5" to "...HOME.tar" and extract it.

Yes, exactly character by character including the spaces (only single spaces).
Once you write "adb shell su" and hit enter, your superuser app should notify you about a request for privileges from the Android Terminal Emulator app, which you have to grant.

Okey, problem with yelow words on display SOLVED :) thx
Now I have "just" problem with NULL/NULL IMEI

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
There I can find just one package firmware md5.tar :(

second question:
in emulator I must this link: adb shell echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
put exact with all spaces?

If I put exact: adb shell echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
there is respond: /system/bin/sh: can´t create /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
Permission denied

This HOME.md5.tar is not just a md5.tar, it's a PDA file and in this file are boot.img, system.img, recovery.img, modemfs.img etc. saved ;)

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
Try flashing modem (modem.bin) via Odin as PHONE. Be sure to download and extract I8190NXXAMG1_I8190NO2CAME1_O2C.zip (Czech Republic O2C), and flash the modem from the extracted I8190NXXAMG1_I8190NO2CAME1_HOME.tar.md5 file.

Ok i understand You.
So i can flash in odin just one file (modem) as phone and not any more files
Second i must ask, mow i have other stock firmware, can i flash modem.bin from O2C now or must flash full firmware O2C first? Thx

ImproAptoVictum

Feb 2, 2013
Ok i understand You.
So i can flash in odin just one file (modem) as phone and not any more files
Second i must ask, mow i have other stock firmware, can i flash modem.bin from O2C now or must flash full firmware O2C first? Thx

Yes, you can individually flash modem.bin alone via Odin, but remember to use PHONE in that case.

As a starting point, you should flash stock full firmware of the mobile network carrier from the region you are in, which i understand is Czech Republic (O2C), correct?

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
That is in this case an issue, and you have to uninstall Samsung Kies to be able to successfully flash with Odin.

I have fully uninstalled Kies, always same problem. It must be USB debuging unable or root need?

EDIT: Tested with enabled USB Debug. Same problem
EDIT2: Must always REinstall new stock firmware because after Fail in Odin phon can´t be turn ON

Last edited:

ImproAptoVictum

Feb 2, 2013
I have fully uninstalled Kies, always same problem. It must be USB debuging unable or root need?

EDIT: Tested with enabled USB Debug. Same problem
EDIT2: Must always REinstall new stock firmware because after Fail in Odin phon can´t be turn ON

You have to uninstall the device driver in Windows device manager and preferably download and use Unified Android Toolkit (updated version of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini ToolKit) to install the proper device driver and flash firmware etc. with instructions.