bluetooth not working

Search This thread

das_aug

Jan 29, 2013
I am seeing the following issue:

I have a Droid 4, patched to run in GSM networks, flashed with CM 10.2.1. In this configuration, bluetooth used to work on this phone at least one month ago (because that's when my wifes new phone was bought and there my phone is listed as a paired device). Some time during the last month, I wiped my phone and reflashed the same CM 10.2.1 onto it (quite a lot of cruft had accumulated and I was having battery issues and was just too lazy to track down the specific culprits).

And now, when I try to turn on bluetooth in the settings menu, the button moves to the "on" position but stays grey and nothing happens. When I close settings and reopen it, the button is in the "off" position again.
Also, when looking in "about phone" -> "status" -> "bluetooth address", the entry text says "unavailable".

Any ideas as to
* how to further debug this?
* how to get bluetooth working again?

das_aug

Jan 29, 2013
resolved ..

Hello everyone.

To report back, the reason it wasn't working is that I was an idiot.

Notably, when scrolling through the list of installed apps yesterday (looking for something utterly unrelated) I noticed an app called "Disable Service". Hmmm, I thought to myself, I vaguely remember using this a few months ago when trying to tweak battery lifetime. So I opened it and found out that I had deactivated, among other things, all Bluetooth related background services, thinking "I never need Bluetooth anyway", probably.

So yeah. Reactivating them led to, surprisingly enough, Bluetooth working again.

Sorry for the noise.

Reactions: NeoPhoenixTE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    resolved ..

Hello everyone.

To report back, the reason it wasn't working is that I was an idiot.

Notably, when scrolling through the list of installed apps yesterday (looking for something utterly unrelated) I noticed an app called "Disable Service". Hmmm, I thought to myself, I vaguely remember using this a few months ago when trying to tweak battery lifetime. So I opened it and found out that I had deactivated, among other things, all Bluetooth related background services, thinking "I never need Bluetooth anyway", probably.

So yeah. Reactivating them led to, surprisingly enough, Bluetooth working again.

Sorry for the noise.