[Live Wallpaper] Asus MyWater Live Wallpaper Ported

Search This thread

jschmier

May 8, 2011
I've been having some fun with the Asus MyWater Live Wallpaper over in this thread. While these live wallpapers work without issue on tablets, I quickly found that my reworked wallpapers woudn't run on my new Droid Incredible 2 due to a large memory allocation request when loading the images.

After reducing the size of some of the image resources and editing the code to use the reduced sizes (image sizes are hardcoded :(), I was able to create a version that works. The icon/image used when selecting the wallpaper could use some work, but the wallpaper appears to function just fine.

For fun, I reworked a few of my other variations of the wallpaper as well.

Enjoy :D

Note: There are additional wallpapers attached to subsequent thread posts.

Attachments

• MyWater_800x480.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,533
  • Martini_800x480.apk
    360.7 KB · Views: 1,903
  • BeerWithLime_800x480.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,207
  • RubberDuckie_800x400.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,749
  • DoNotDrink_800x480.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,146
Last edited:

Razorblood

Oct 22, 2009
Request for a martini with a lemon twist? Can't say enough positive things about these :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

valorian13

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks for posting. I love the beer with a lime in it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

jschmier

May 8, 2011
Thanks for this, is there anyway to port the weather widget ?:D

I did a bit of brief investigation and the Asus Weather.apk requires a minimum SDK version of 11 (Honeycomb 3.0). Changing the minimum version to 8 (Froyo 2.2) resulted in Force Closes when inflating the settings. I didn't look much further than that.

Last edited:

Razorblood

Oct 22, 2009
Just wow. Thank you very much. Made my gf's day. You should spread the word. I bet a lot of ppl would love these.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

jschmier

May 8, 2011
I have a few more wallpapers to share that are scaled down and modified versions of their larger tablet counterparts.

Attachments

• Tux_800x480.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 462
  • MyWaterBWNoIceDark_800x480.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 545

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been having some fun with the Asus MyWater Live Wallpaper over in this thread. While these live wallpapers work without issue on tablets, I quickly found that my reworked wallpapers woudn't run on my new Droid Incredible 2 due to a large memory allocation request when loading the images.

After reducing the size of some of the image resources and editing the code to use the reduced sizes (image sizes are hardcoded :(), I was able to create a version that works. The icon/image used when selecting the wallpaper could use some work, but the wallpaper appears to function just fine.

For fun, I reworked a few of my other variations of the wallpaper as well.

Enjoy :D

Note: There are additional wallpapers attached to subsequent thread posts.
    I have a few more wallpapers to share that are scaled down and modified versions of their larger tablet counterparts.
    Request for a martini with a lemon twist? Can't say enough positive things about these :)

Here's a martini with lemon twist and a stout to help quench your thirst.

The larger tablet versions with screen shots are available here.
    Hello,

Yes we tried them, but the resolution is too high and the Water and the ice are totally blank (without picture)...

If you could do so, it will be awesome :)

Thanx !

I understand that the 480x800 phone versions in this thread aren't ideal for your display, but can you give them a try and verify that all the images are rendered correctly?

I don't have as much time these days to dedicate to these efforts, so I want to better ensure any effort spent toward properly resizing a couple of wallpapers is not spent in vain.

Could you again confirm the dimensions you are asking for and the specific wallpapers? I get quite a few requests in my queue and sometimes it is difficult to keep them straight.

FYI: I would be downsizing a few of the existing tablet versions following this process. If someone else would like to help take up these efforts, it would be much appreciated :D
    Is there a black MyWater w/ice wallpaper?
    Not currently. However I should be able to put something like this together without much difficulty. I don't have as much time these days to dedicate to these efforts, so I can't say when it may be available.

I was able to add the ice back to the black & white MyWater port without too much effort.