[GAMES] Nexus 10 Gaming Thread

Search This thread

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Guys I've noticed that the graphic effects on our N10 aren't nearly add good as those in my SGS2 when playing NFSMW, we don't have floor reflections, motion blur or smoke, is there a way to force them?

Take a look at this video, the game looks the same way as on the Nexus 7 while on my SGS2 it looks the same way as on the iPad (perhaps with even more effects but that may be because I have faster cars)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANra3PB9pE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

vowywowy

Apr 13, 2011
Oshawa
I don't understand this tablet. Every single game is hit or miss: Shadowgun: Deadzone runs very smooth on ultra high settings yet Minecraft is unplayable on lowest settings. WTF is going on my EVO 3D ran Minecraft fine and there is no way it could run Shadowgun on ultra high.

filthygoat223996

Oct 4, 2012
I don't understand this tablet. Every single game is hit or miss: Shadowgun: Deadzone runs very smooth on ultra high settings yet Minecraft is unplayable on lowest settings. WTF is going on my EVO 3D ran Minecraft fine and there is no way it could run Shadowgun on ultra high.

Lack of optimisation, plus the resolution

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010

Well Minecraft is a TERRIBLY optimized game to begin with, so the answer seems obvious to me. I have even seen desktop computers with far more power struggle with Minecraft.

gogorman

Dec 12, 2010
Guys I've noticed that the graphic effects on our N10 aren't nearly add good as those in my SGS2 when playing NFSMW, we don't have floor reflections, motion blur or smoke, is there a way to force them?

Take a look at this video, the game looks the same way as on the Nexus 7 while on my SGS2 it looks the same way as on the iPad (perhaps with even more effects but that may be because I have faster cars)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANra3PB9pE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I would agree with this.
I actually posted a thread about it too.
I'm not convinced on the graphics quality. Reflections etc.
Is the game maybe not optimized for our device. It's nice a smooth for the most part, but surely it can handle those nice graphics.
Does someone have a Nexus 7 and 10 that can test it out?
can anyone else confirm?

nightfox11

Apr 30, 2010
Venice
I believe most games have to be optimize for the super high resolution+ the new Mali GPU and Exynos CPU to be able to run buttery smooth on our nexus 10 tabs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

syraz

Jul 14, 2010
Portland
the couple games I play, I been enjoying that simpsons tapped out game,, but damn me I didn't unlock/root before getting far in it ... :(

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
I would agree with this.
I actually posted a thread about it too.
I'm not convinced on the graphics quality. Reflections etc.
Is the game maybe not optimized for our device. It's nice a smooth for the most part, but surely it can handle those nice graphics.
Does someone have a Nexus 7 and 10 that can test it out?
can anyone else confirm?

A friend of mine has one and I confirmed it, it doesn't have the special graphic effects either, that's not to say that Android doesn't support them as my SGS 2 is displaying all of them.

asc1987

Aug 22, 2009
NBA JAM and FIFA 12

Hi !!!
can someone help me??
i want to play nba jam and fifa 12, it is possible?
i have tried all things, even chainfire 3d but i obtained brick.
I only want this 2 games!!!

i hope pes 2013 on android.

Thank so much !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To anyone who doubts any lag issues, try this race out specifically:
    1Egmq

I played that race and many others for an hour and a half straight last night with no lag :)

Set your min CPU speed to 300MHz
    Max CPU to 1.1GHz
    Governor to PegasusQ or Interactive
    scheduler to noop
    undervolt to whatever your known good levels are

This should stop all throttling in gaming.
    In case anyone is interested, Need for Speed Most Wanted is 99 cents.
    My N10 doesn't run as hot either.

BTW: if it has not been mentioned, Nova 3 is on sale for .99 cents!
    Anyone with throttling issues, I might recommend checking out franco.Kernel:

r2:
    * Merge over 60 patches from Google android-3.4/exynos branch which include mostly improvements on the GPU and graphics memory allocator drivers, amongst other things
    * Add toggle to enable/disable fsync
    * Fixed thermal driver to do its job properly: one throttle to 1000MHz and another throttle to 700MHz, if it gets even warmer. Also get rid of memory throttling, seems kinda absurd to me. This should get rid of lagging while abusing your device
    I killed my Live Wallpaper and Wifi and the lag is at minimum.