Calendar Help - not able to see event details when dialing

Search This thread

greenzellybean

Dec 17, 2010
Hi all,

Long time HTC one X+ user with AOSP Rom..... just switched to Nexus 5. I like N5 but one frustration is about calendar.

I am on work calls most of the time - all my calls have toll free number to dial and then we have to enter conf code # - a typical corporate set up.

on HTC...I was able to open calendar event, click on the toll free number for dialer to show up and dial the number..and then it used to show ..tap here to view calendar event details - I use tap and then view/enter the conf# details, it also had a provision for taking notes. I believe this was default calendar client (or maybe HTC's, not sure)

on N5, I can open the calendar event, click on the phone number, it brings up dialer with phone number and I can dial.... but nothing else - No event details to view or can't do any thing further.

this is a big problem for most users like me as when we dial a number and once connected if we have to enter a conf# etc..we have to go open the calendar event remember the conf#, then go back to dialer and enter the conf#....this is a pain in the neck.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here...or forgetting anything :confused::confused: I rooted my N5 as I do with all my devices....so maybe using a different calendar app makes sense?

thanks for your help..

Last edited:

greenzellybean

Dec 17, 2010
In reading some articles, looks like the default Calendar app doesn't have these features?

Hi all,

Long time HTC one X+ user with AOSP Rom..... just switched to Nexus 5. I like N5 but one frustration is about calendar.

I am on work calls most of the time - all my calls have toll free number to dial and then we have to enter conf code # - a typical corporate set up.

on HTC...I was able to open calendar event, click on the toll free number for dialer to show up and dial the number..and then it used to show ..tap here to view calendar event details - I use tap and then view/enter the conf# details, it also had a provision for taking notes. I believe this was default calendar client (or maybe HTC's, not sure)

on N5, I can open the calendar event, click on the phone number, it brings up dialer with phone number and I can dial.... but nothing else - No event details to view or can't do any thing further.

this is a big problem for most users like me as when we dial a number and once connected if we have to enter a conf# etc..we have to go open the calendar event remember the conf#, then go back to dialer and enter the conf#....this is a pain in the neck.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here...or forgetting anything :confused::confused: I rooted my N5 as I do with all my devices....so maybe using a different calendar app makes sense?

thanks for your help..