Is this a radio issue?

Search This thread

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
I've been getting complaints about static and echo from my end during phone calls. Could this be a radio issue? Am I on the latest radio?

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
I successfully updated the radio but there is still a horrible background static. My end of the conversation is fine. It's the other end that's no good. And I know it's not their phone because this is happening to everyone I talk to.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I successfully updated the radio but there is still a horrible background static. My end of the conversation is fine. It's the other end that's no good. And I know it's not their phone because this is happening to everyone I talk to.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Have you tried different roms to see if it is replicated on more than one? If you haven't, I'd flash a couple to see if it goes away. Or perhaps an ruu to reset.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
If all you did was update the radio, I highly advise updating firmware as well.
It includes modem/radio related files that go with those radios.
For optimal results, you need the firmware as well as the radios, as I suggested above.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: 71CH

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
I updated to the latest everything and I still have this problem. I did a quick google search and it seems that it could be the noise canceling software? or a faulty mic? It's weird because this issue happened suddenly.

Also, when I'm on speakerphone people say I sound crystal clear. It's only when I'm using it like a regular phone that they hear lots of static.

Does anybody have a good link to going back to s-on and stock? I might have to do an exchange. I have hoot 1.56. Thanks.

Last edited:

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I updated to the latest everything and I still have this problem. I did a quick google search and it seems that it could be the noise canceling software? or a faulty mic? It's weird because this issue happened suddenly.

Also, when I'm on speakerphone people say I sound crystal clear. It's only when I'm using it like a regular phone that they hear lots of static.

Does anybody have a good link to going back to s-on and stock? I might have to do an exchange. I have hoot 1.56. Thanks.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475216

Also, graythewolf has a good video of doing it. I actually used that guide and his video when I sent mine in. Good luck.

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
I successfully got back to stock and installed all the updates. I don't seem to have the stock recovery however. When I try to boot into recovery it just turns black. Any suggestions? Thanks.

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I successfully got back to stock and installed all the updates. I don't seem to have the stock recovery however. When I try to boot into recovery it just turns black. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Are you doing that from bootloader? Santod usually posts the stock recoveries...but I don't see the latest in his thread. You might want to ask someone who pulled the ota ruu.

Last edited:

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
Are you doing that from bootloader? Santos usually posts the stock recoveries...but I don't see the latest in his thread. You might want to ask someone who pulled the ota ruu.

Yes I'm trying to get in from bootloader. It goes black and then a picture of a HTC One appears with a red triangle and exclamation point in the middle.

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
Nevermind. The red triangle IS stock recovery apparently. Thanks for all the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been getting complaints about static and echo from my end during phone calls. Could this be a radio issue? Am I on the latest radio?

No, that's not the latest radio, they are all posted together.
    I would suggest updating firmware, which includes the 1.13.41.0109_2 radio, which are also posted separately here.
    If all you did was update the radio, I highly advise updating firmware as well.
    It includes modem/radio related files that go with those radios.
    For optimal results, you need the firmware as well as the radios, as I suggested above.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475216

Also, graythewolf has a good video of doing it. I actually used that guide and his video when I sent mine in. Good luck.

Are you doing that from bootloader? Santod usually posts the stock recoveries...but I don't see the latest in his thread. You might want to ask someone who pulled the ota ruu.