[Q] Does this phone really worth buying?

Search This thread

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.

dvm84

Jun 16, 2014
Hello guys,
I'm as of now an iPhone 5 user and my parents have took my phone away because i was using it "too much" for about 5 months ago. Today, me and my parents were in an electronic shop and we've been looking for some phones for my grands. Then my mom just randomly said, that she will be using my iPhone 5 as shes normal phone and she offered me a deal, i would still have the iPhone 5 which i can't use much, OR if i'll consider about the S3 Mini or the Xperia M. So here's my question, does the Xperia M worth? Are there many ROMs? Do the features are almost same as in iPhone 5? Does CM11 lags really much or bugs? Is the multitasking good as in iPhone? Can the phone be good in hardware for about next 3-4 years? Therefore, thanks to all who can answer me those questions.

This phone can pretty much fill all your needs. There are almost nil bugs in CM11 and it doesn't lagg! :D Multitasking is 200% better than the iPhone :silly: You can always peep in the Development and Original Development section for roms there are a variety of AOSP Roms as well as Stock based roms!

In terms of hardware for the next 3-4 years the phone is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with Adreno 305 which runs almost any game or heavy app without lagg (Even Facebook :victory: :silly:)

Tho I won't give you wrong info about the phone.. It would heat a bit but not so much. For minimal use and just multitasking its a great phone and I totally recommend you to buy it! :highfive::laugh::fingers-crossed:

C

cabba403

Hello guys,

The phone is a beast.
Handles CM11 at its best
Who's it--> SONY
Music: Walkman's there
Multitask --> Yipee
Design--> straight up' no playin with design
And yea its Android bud'
Play with it anytime tweak it anywhere

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
This phone can pretty much fill all your needs. There are almost nil bugs in CM11 and it doesn't lagg! :D Multitasking is 200% better than the iPhone :silly: You can always peep in the Development and Original Development section for roms there are a variety of AOSP Roms as well as Stock based roms!

In terms of hardware for the next 3-4 years the phone is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with Adreno 305 which runs almost any game or heavy app without lagg (Even Facebook :victory: :silly:)

Tho I won't give you wrong info about the phone.. It would heat a bit but not so much. For minimal use and just multitasking its a great phone and I totally recommend you to buy it! :highfive::laugh::fingers-crossed:

The phone is a beast.
Handles CM11 at its best
Who's it--> SONY
Music: Walkman's there
Multitask --> Yipee
Design--> straight up' no playin with design
And yea its Android bud'
Play with it anytime tweak it anywhere
Thank You guys very much :) But what's better, S3 Mini or this Xperia?

Odesláno z mého PAP3400DUO pomocí Tapatalk

dvm84

Jun 16, 2014

geekaphone. com/compare/Sony-Xperia-M-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Mini
phonearena. com/phones/Sony-Xperia-M_id7875/benchmarks
fonearena. com/blog/65458/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-benchmarks.html
(Remove the space between . and com, Because I can't post links outside XDA because less than 10 posts :eek:)

I love Sony for their responsive UI and the never before experience they give who have got their new first xperia device! Samsung packs in a lot of apps that are not needed in daily activities and stuff we usually do on phone!

Also, Sony is not predictable like Samsung is for example was the Xperia M 4.3 update expected? :cool:

Hope the above links help ^^ :fingers-crossed: :)

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
(Remove the space between . and com, Because I can't post links outside XDA because less than 10 posts :eek:)

I love Sony for their responsive UI and the never before experience they give who have got their new first xperia device! Samsung packs in a lot of apps that are not needed in daily activities and stuff we usually do on phone!

Also, Sony is not predictable like Samsung is for example was the Xperia M 4.3 update expected? :cool:

Well, it's 50:50 for me. Looking on ROMs for both of the devices, just a question, is the community for Xperia M big?

Vroyaloko

Dec 6, 2013
Tangerang
Based on my research on google, i see that the specs are similar to each other, but:
If you looking for more performance and multitasking, choose Xperia M :victory:
If you looking for a phone with strong display (Gorilla Glass), choose S3 Mini. :fingers-crossed:
Anyway, the choose is still depend on you. Good luck! :D

Reactions: david19au

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Guys, just another question, will be there more ROMs for this device? Like, i couldn't find MIUI, Lewa or something like that? Thx for reply again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Based on my research on google, i see that the specs are similar to each other, but:
    If you looking for more performance and multitasking, choose Xperia M :victory:
    If you looking for a phone with strong display (Gorilla Glass), choose S3 Mini. :fingers-crossed:
    Anyway, the choose is still depend on you. Good luck! :D
    Guys, just another question, will be there more ROMs for this device? Like, i couldn't find MIUI, Lewa or something like that? Thx for reply again

Probably there will be more roms, just wait and see. But In my opinion cm11 is quite good custom rom for our device.