Mugen Power 3600 mAh extended battery

Search This thread

Flappyraccoon

May 11, 2011
Portland
Hiya, I just purchased the 3600 mAh Mugen Power extended battery and the case it came with doesn't seem to have an antenna built into it. Would it be possible to fix on a thin strip of metal to the case and have it touch the connectors on the phone? If so, which metal would give the best reception or are the antennas more complex than just a line of wire? Thanks for any info!

goblinIT

May 12, 2007
London
mugen power accessories are really bad quality... i would buy it. if you do it yourself you can damage yourbdevice by short circuit...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

RicarduZonta

Oct 21, 2009
I think you should claim for a refund. According to your description their product is useless.

Thought Mugen was a high end battery supplier, but this is really an unacceptable major fail.

Thanks for sharing.

Flappyraccoon

May 11, 2011
Portland
Hmm I need to rectify this mistake. Sorry it took so long for me to reply. After the initial few days of no responses I stopped monitoring this thread. I was at the beach when my roommate let me know the package had arrived. I asked him to open it and that's the conclusion he gave me when I asked. In the photos on the website you can't tell exactly so out of frantic worry and to find a solution I posted on here via my phone.

The truth is it's a pretty damn good battery. There is an antenna in the back cover and I'm not really sure why my friend thought there wasn't. Reception seems to be the same even though the antenna is bigger? Or maybe its around the same size if the stock back cover has it hidden in the plastic. The Mugen Power back case covers it with black tape. That aside, the cover feels fairly sturdy, though it could be improved a bit. Maybe some self modification would resolve that issue. It makes a bit more noise when you squeeze it than the stock cover but it doesn't feel like its going to come off or fracture.

As for the battery it seems to last me on average 40 hours before I feel the need to charge it. I'd say it isn't used heavily, more like my old phone where I just sent texts all day, called a few people and listened to music for a good number of hours. The longest I've had it go was 57 hours after letting it completely die. All in all I am quite satisfied aside from a few minor complaints about the case.

Once again I apologize about this, I jumped the gun. Also, the website I purchased it from http://www.pdaphone-battery.com will deliver if you order from them. I was worried it was a scam site since it looks extremely ghetto and no confirmation email or tracking number was sent to me after purchase. But as I said the shipping was speedy and they did send me what I ordered. They don't use https though which bugged me, however the paying part used PayPal so that was acceptable.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:

Flappyraccoon

May 11, 2011
Portland
One more picture for better reference. I'll post a comparison picture of stock vs extended batter cover sizes if people are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 646

wlkoff

Mar 31, 2011
Sorry but looks like a brick. What´s the weight of it now? Hope you´re satisfied.

Flappyraccoon

May 11, 2011
Portland
I only pulled it back far enough so you could see what the antenna was made out of. Hope that is enough for ya. As for the second picture, when you look at it and feel with your fingers the antenna (I'm assuming its made from the same thin metal) is laid out in the path of the red line. It ends at the yellow line.

As for the phone brick, its not much heavier at least in my opinion. It also fits into my hand and doesn't wiggle around as much. This is because it fills in the gap between my hand and the phone. For me that is wonderful, maybe not for you ;).

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 630
Reactions: MrPontus

deep771043

Mar 29, 2011
N.Novgorod
Thats great news!

But I'm more excited about another battery - HLI-DesireZSL. It is originaly made for Desire Z, but MUGEN guys say its perfect in IS! It has 1800mAh, but use the standart HTC cover.

Flappyraccoon

May 11, 2011
Portland
It's not bad, and the 50+ hour battery life makes it worth it. Plus, that was before root and s-off ;). Now with an undervolted kernel and a debloated rom I'm hoping its a lot more ^_^.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Voilenteraser

Jul 20, 2011
Windsor, Ontario
o_O Where can I buy a better battery that lasts the longest with the same old battery cover? Someone point me in the right direction? Nice battery life btw.

nednednerb

Oct 30, 2011
Vancouver
youtube.com
Been using the 3600 Mugen for almost 3 weeks. I agree with Flappyraccoon that the phone fits into my hand better and feels less flimsy. I've dropped it less and reception difference is unnoticeable, but I live in a decent service region.

But the thin stock case does give me the appearance of having more sleek technology, and there's nothing like a dying battery at the end of one day's use for an excuse to stop talking with my girlfriend :$

I get about the same time out of it as Flappyraccoon. So much more comfortable using my phone whenever I want without worrying about later that evening. Easy to do a daily top up still but at my convenience, not the phone's urgency!

-nerB

sent from my Android via xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I only pulled it back far enough so you could see what the antenna was made out of. Hope that is enough for ya. As for the second picture, when you look at it and feel with your fingers the antenna (I'm assuming its made from the same thin metal) is laid out in the path of the red line. It ends at the yellow line.

As for the phone brick, its not much heavier at least in my opinion. It also fits into my hand and doesn't wiggle around as much. This is because it fills in the gap between my hand and the phone. For me that is wonderful, maybe not for you ;).