[Q] I bricked ny Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch. Help!

Search This thread

jasonnunez

Sep 4, 2010
New York
I just recently bought an E4GT a few days ago. upgraded from an Evo 4G that i had rooted and was running on CM7.

So once i got the E4GT i decided to root it and flashed a kernel using Odin. My phone worked great for a few days, but then i installed ROM manager and i was going to run an update and when it reatarted it went into recovery, tried to flash the new rom, but got an error message with the following info:

"E:updated file is backed up: Reportedted
#Manual Mode#

-- Updating application...
Installing Apks.
Succesfully updated application."

It just stays on that screen. I see the reboot system now, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition options but i am only able to use the vol up/down keys. My power key does not select the highlighted option.

I must also mention that I tried to use odin again to flash other roms, CSCs, and modem.
Also, my phone does not have an SD card...

Last edited:

FirstNoobToBrickHisPhone

Sep 15, 2009
Rom Manager bricks the original SGS2 as well.

You're not supposed to use Rom Manager to flash anything, period. It's completely unreliable.

Next time ask around if your SGS2 Epic 4G was compatible with original SGS2 roms.

With that said, if you're not afraid of further bricking then try Odin flashing these stock roms.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

Last edited:

jasonnunez

Sep 4, 2010
New York
WTH... I think I just made the best mistake of my life. So, the power key wasn't working and i incidentally hit the home key from recovery mode, the phone rebooted itself and everything went back to normal.. wow

Reactions: Ophois

ogxku5h

Sep 27, 2010
Los Angeles
WTH... I think I just made the best mistake of my life. So, the power key wasn't working and i incidentally hit the home key from recovery mode, the phone rebooted itself and everything went back to normal.. wow

In the original sgs ii home key selects in recovery......... Lol come on guy read a bit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Ophois

Sep 2, 2010
Elizabethtown

I nominate that this piece of information gets stickied somehow.
Just saved my ass.
Thank you for actually responding with what you did instead of going "Fixed it. close this thread"

blink1022

Oct 5, 2010
I nominate that this piece of information gets stickied somehow.
Just saved my ass.
Thank you for actually responding with what you did instead of going "Fixed it. close this thread"

Well said, good to explain what you did to fix the problem. Could possibly fix a problem in the future.

jonnybb1

Nov 10, 2009
San Diego
I thought I bricked my Samsung Galaxy S2 Sprint, but I found that the soft-keys are used instead of the power button for selecting the menu items. YOu guys saved me from losing hundreds of bucks! Big Thanx!

tkemack

Jan 17, 2011
Houston
I thought I bricked my Samsung Galaxy S2 Sprint, but I found that the soft-keys are used instead of the power button for selecting the menu items. YOu guys saved me from losing hundreds of bucks! Big Thanx!

In CWM do up down up or something to that effect and you can use the power button as select

Sent from my Blazing ET4G

Reactions: majmuni

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    on SGS S2 recovery power button = back and home key = select (enter) ;)

In CWM do up down up or something to that effect and you can use the power button as select

Sent from my Blazing ET4G